A garbage collector is a vital role in many communities, as they are responsible for collecting and disposing of waste in a safe and efficient manner. When applying for a job as a garbage collector, you need to make sure your resume stands out to employers. Writing a resume can be a daunting task, so it is important to know what to include, and how to present yourself in the best possible light. This guide will provide step-by-step instructions on how to write a garbage collector resume, and includes examples of resumes for collectors, so you can get a better idea of what employers are looking for. With the right resume, you can land the job you want!
If you didn’t find what you were looking for, be sure to check out our complete library of resume examples.
Start building your dream career today!
Create your professional resume in just 5 minutes with our easy-to-use resume builder!
Garbage Collector Resume Examples
123 Main Street | Anytown, USA 99999 | Phone: (123) 456-7890 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dedicated and reliable Garbage Collector with over 7 years of experience in the waste management industry. Possesses a keen eye for detail and a strong work ethic. Known for consistently working quickly and efficiently to collect and dispose of waste. Skilled in the safe operation of garbage collection equipment, as well as the correct disposal of hazardous materials. Possesses an exemplary safety record, and an excellent driving record.
- Garbage collection
- Equipment operation
- Heavy lifting
- Hazardous material disposal
- Safety- conscious
- Time management
- Customer service
Garbage Collector, ABC Waste Management Co. – Houston, TX
April 2013 – Present
- Collect and dispose of waste in compliance with safety regulations and procedures.
- Operate garbage collection vehicles, loaders, and other equipment, as needed.
- Ensure the safe loading and unloading of waste.
- Perform daily vehicle inspections and maintain accurate records.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
Garbage Collector, XYZ Waste Management Co. – Houston, TX
December 2011 – April 2013
- collected and disposed of waste in a timely and efficient manner.
- Operated garbage collection vehicles and other related equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Ensured the safe loading and unloading of waste.
- Performed daily vehicle inspections and kept accurate records.
- Followed all safety regulations and procedures.
High School Diploma, Houston High School – Houston, TX, 2011
Garbage Collector Resume with No Experience
- Hardworking and reliable individual seeking a position as a Garbage Collector in order to contribute to a clean and safe environment.
- Strong work ethic
- Able to work in physically demanding environment
- Good manual dexterity
- Adaptable to changing conditions
- Attention to detail
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to follow instructions
- Manage the collection of garbage from a designated route
- Ensure that all garbage is disposed of properly
- Safely operate garbage trucks and other equipment
- Load, unload, and collect garbage
- Check for any hazardous materials
- Sort and separate hazardous materials
- Clean and maintain garbage collection area
Garbage Collector Resume with 2 Years of Experience
Dedicated and hard- working garbage collector with 2 years of experience in waste management and disposal. Highly organized and reliable with the ability to work in a fast- paced environment. Proven record of excellent customer service and timely completion of tasks.
- Ability to operate garbage trucks, bins and other waste management equipment
- Knowledge of proper waste disposal procedures and safety regulations
- Excellent problem- solving and communication skills
- Strong physical stamina to lift and carry heavy objects
- Ability to work comfortably in all conditions
- Collect garbage and recyclable materials from residential and commercial locations
- Load garbage and recyclables into garbage trucks, bins and other waste management equipment
- Ensure proper waste disposal and recycling practices
- Maintain cleanliness of garbage trucks and other waste management equipment
- Perform routine maintenance and safety inspections of waste management
Garbage Collector Resume with 5 Years of Experience
Experienced and reliable Garbage Collector with 5 years of experience in waste management and recycling. Knowledgeable in proper waste disposal methods and equipment operation. Dedicated to providing a safe and clean environment for customers and the community.
- Knowledgeable of waste management and recycling laws and regulations
- Proficient in the operation of waste removal and collection equipment
- Excellent physical strength and stamina
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lift and carry heavy loads
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Good problem solving skills
- Perform daily collection of waste materials from residential and commercial customers
- Operate various waste collection vehicles in a safe and efficient manner
- Properly segregate collected waste materials for proper disposal
- Maintain and clean waste collection vehicles on a regular basis
- Maintain a safe working environment by following all safety regulations
- Inspect waste containers to ensure they are properly sealed
- Assist with the loading and unloading of waste containers
- Perform routine maintenance and minor repairs to waste collection vehicles
- Provide superior customer service to all customers
Garbage Collector Resume with 7 Years of Experience
Dedicated and reliable Garbage Collector with 7 years of experience in collecting, transporting, and disposing of garbage and other waste materials. Possesses a strong work ethic, excellent physical strength, and a valid Class C Driver’s License. Track record of efficiently and effectively collecting and disposing of waste material while maintaining safety regulations.
- Reliable and hardworking
- Excellent physical strength
- Driver’s License
- Able to lift and carry heavy objects
- Able to follow safety regulations
- Knowledgeable about proper waste management
- Able to work in a team or independently
- Collecting garbage from residential and commercial establishments
- Transporting and disposing of waste materials
- Ensuring safety regulations are strictly followed
- Maintaining cleanliness of vehicles and equipment used for garbage collection
- Understanding and respecting customer’s privacy
- Assisting in sorting garbage for recycling purposes
- Performing minor repairs on vehicles and equipment as needed
- Maintaining records of waste collected and delivered
Garbage Collector Resume with 10 Years of Experience
An experienced Garbage Collector with 10 years of experience in collecting and disposing waste materials. Possessing a solid work ethic and dedication to customer service, as well as a strong knowledge of safety protocols. Able to work independently and as part of a team to efficiently collect waste and maintain a clean and safe environment.
- Safe waste collection and disposal
- Working efficiently with a team or independently
- Knowledge of safety protocols
- Excellent customer service
- Strong work ethic
- Collecting waste from residential and commercial areas
- Transporting and disposing of waste at designated locations
- Operating garbage collection vehicles and other associated equipment
- Maintaining a clean and safe work environment
- Ensuring compliance with applicable safety standards
- Communicating effectively with colleagues, supervisors and customers
Garbage Collector Resume with 15 Years of Experience
Experienced and hardworking garbage collector with fifteen years of experience in the waste management industry. Proven track record of expertly collecting and disposing of waste materials and improving on- the- job safety protocol. Possess a valid driver’s license, a clean driving record, and a dedication to personal safety. Thorough knowledge of the local waste regulations and waste management techniques.
- In- depth knowledge of waste management techniques and regulations
- Expertise in collecting and disposing of waste material
- Familiarity with hazardous waste
- Ability to operate heavy machinery safely
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to lift heavy objects and work in a physically demanding environment
- Attention to detail and commitment to safety
- Collect waste and recyclable materials such as paper, metal, plastic, glass, and cardboard and deposit them in appropriate containers
- Drive garbage trucks and other heavy vehicles to assigned locations
- Follow the set routes and schedules to collect garbage in a timely and efficient manner
- Perform quality checks on waste items and ensure that all waste items are properly sorted and disposed of
- Ensure the safety of pedestrians and other drivers while driving garbage trucks
- Report any malfunctions in garbage trucks and other machinery to the supervisor
- Communicate with customers to resolve issues and complaints
- Maintain records of waste collection and disposal activities
- Adhere to local regulations and safety protocols while handling waste
What should be included in a Garbage Collector resume?
A garbage collector resume should include all of the necessary qualifications and experience to ensure employers can evaluate your candidacy. It is important to include all relevant credentials and demonstrate your expertise in the field. Here are some key elements to include in your garbage collector resume:
- Education: List any formal education or certifications related to garbage collection.
- Experience: Detail any professional experience with garbage collection or similar tasks. Be sure to include the company name, job title, and years of experience.
- Skills: Describe any specialized skills or abilities related to garbage collection that you possess. This can include physical abilities, customer service skills, and the ability to work independently.
- Safety Practices: Highlight any safety certifications or experience with safety procedures in the workplace.
- References: Provide the names and contact information of previous employers or other references.
These elements will allow employers to gain a better understanding of your qualifications and experience as a garbage collector. Make sure to list all relevant qualifications and provide as much detail as possible.
What is a good summary for a Garbage Collector resume?
A Garbage Collector’s resume should provide a succinct summary of the professional’s skills and qualifications. This summary should include the individual’s experience, as well as their knowledge and ability to safely navigate and operate garbage collection vehicles such as trucks and loaders. The summary should also include any certifications or training that the professional may have acquired. Furthermore, the summary should include any experience the professional may have working with other personnel in the garbage collection field. Finally, the summary should detail the professional’s ability to adhere to safety protocols, maintain sanitation standards, and perform general maintenance and repairs on garbage collection vehicles.
What is a good objective for a Garbage Collector resume?
A garbage collector is a physically demanding job that requires strength and stamina as well as a degree of technical skill. It’s important for a garbage collector’s resume to include an objective that clearly expresses their goal for the position. Here are some examples of good objectives for a garbage collector resume:
- To pursue a career as a garbage collector, utilizing my strong physical skills, technical knowledge, and safety expertise to deliver efficient and reliable waste collection services.
- To secure a position as a garbage collector and apply my knowledge of environmental and safety regulations to ensure all waste is managed responsibly and safely.
- Seeking a position as a garbage collector to utilize my physical strength and technical skillset to provide an efficient waste collection service.
- Looking to work as a garbage collector and leverage my strong work ethic and commitment to safety to provide an effective waste collection service.
- Aiming to utilize my knowledge of waste management, safety regulations, and physical strength to excel in a garbage collector role.
How do you list Garbage Collector skills on a resume?
When listing Garbage Collector skills on a resume, it is important to be honest and accurate. Garbage collectors are an important part of society, and potential employers will be looking for employees with the right skills and expertise. Here are a few skills to highlight on your resume when applying for a Garbage Collector position:
- Understanding of garbage collection routes, schedules, and local regulations: A Garbage Collector should be familiar with the local garbage collection regulations and routes, as well as how to adjust routes and schedules to meet customer demands.
- Ability to operate and maintain garbage collection equipment: Garbage Collectors must be able to operate a variety of equipment, including garbage trucks, loaders, and dumpsters. They should also be able to identify and make repairs to any equipment as needed.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills: Garbage Collectors interact with customers on a daily basis, so having excellent customer service and communication skills is essential. They should be able to provide customers with clear and accurate information while also making sure they are following all safety regulations.
- Physical fitness: Garbage Collectors must be physically fit to be able to lift and move large amounts of garbage and trash. They should also possess the stamina to work long hours in the outdoors.
- Workplace safety knowledge: Garbage Collectors are required to work in often hazardous conditions, so having a good understanding of workplace safety is essential. They should know how to safely operate their equipment, as well as how to safely handle and dispose of trash and garbage.
By highlighting these skills and experiences on your resume, you will be well-positioned to land a job as a Garbage Collector.
What skills should I put on my resume for Garbage Collector?
When applying for a job as a garbage collector, it is important to include the right skills on your resume. These skills will help to demonstrate that you have the qualifications and abilities necessary for the job. Here are some of the top skills to consider putting on your resume for a garbage collector position:
- Physical Fitness: This job requires a lot of physical work, so it is important to be able to lift, reach, and carry heavy loads in order to be successful.
- Safety: Garbage collectors need to be aware of their surroundings and mindful of the potential hazards of their job. Demonstrating an understanding of safety protocols and regulations shows employers that you are conscientious about your work.
- Problem Solving: Garbage collectors may encounter unexpected or challenging situations on the job. Being able to think quickly and come up with solutions to difficult problems is an important skill for this job.
- Detail-Oriented: As a garbage collector, it is important to be able to keep track of routes, locations, and other important information. Being detail-oriented and organized can help to ensure accuracy and efficiency on the job.
- Customer Service: Many garbage collectors interact with customers on a daily basis. Having good interpersonal skills and the ability to be courteous and professional when communicating with people is an important skill to have.
Including these skills on your resume can help to demonstrate that you have what it takes to be a successful garbage collector. By highlighting your qualifications, you can increase your chances of getting hired for the job.
Key takeaways for an Garbage Collector resume
If you’re looking for a job as a garbage collector, your resume should reflect the skills and experience necessary to do the job. Here are some key takeaways to keep in mind when creating your resume:
- Highlight Your Safety Record: As a garbage collector, safety is key. Employers need to know that you take safety seriously, so make sure to highlight any safety certifications, training, and awards you’ve received in your resume.
- Emphasize Your Physical Strength: As a garbage collector, you need to be able to lift large amounts of weight and navigate through tight spaces. Emphasize your physical capabilities in your resume, such as your ability to lift and carry heavy objects, as well as your ability to twist and bend in tight spaces.
- Show Your Problem-Solving Skills: As a garbage collector, you’ll be expected to be able to solve problems on the job. Show employers that you’re able to think quickly on your feet by highlighting any problem-solving skills you have, such as the ability to troubleshoot equipment and come up with creative solutions.
- Demonstrate Your Commitment to the Job: Employers want to know that you’re committed to the job, so make sure to highlight any relevant experience you have, such as prior garbage collector jobs, volunteer work, or internships.
By following these key takeaways, you can create a strong resume that will help you get the job you want as a garbage collector.
Let us help you build
Make your resume more organized and attractive with our Resume Builder