Are you looking to get started as a teaching artist but don’t know how to write your resume? Writing a resume can be intimidating, especially when it’s your first time. It can be difficult to know where to start, what information to include and how to showcase your unique skills and experience. Don’t worry – this guide to teaching artist resume writing will give you the basics of what to consider when crafting your teaching artist resume. With tips on what to include and examples of teaching artist resumes to inspire you, you’ll be ready to apply for your dream teaching artist job in no time.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for, be sure to check out our complete library of resume examples.
Start building your dream career today!
Create your professional resume in just 5 minutes with our easy-to-use resume builder!
Teaching Artist Resume Examples
123 Main Street | Anytown, USA 99999 | Phone: (123) 456-7890 | Email: email@example.com
I am an experienced teaching artist with over 10 years of experience in creating, leading, and teaching artistic activities and classes to a wide range of ages and skill levels. I excel in using a variety of media to develop art projects and activities, with a focus on creative problem solving. I have extensive experience working both independently and as part of a team of other teaching artists, and I am also adept at managing student behavior in the classroom.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in a variety of artistic mediums
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong collaborator and team player
- Exceptional creativity and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage student behavior
- Ability to adapt to different classroom sizes and learning styles
- Teaching Artist, Art Academy of San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, 2019- Present
- Instruct students in a variety of artistic techniques, such as drawing, painting, sculpture, and more
- Develop and implement creative projects and activities to engage students in rich creative exploration
- Support and guide students to develop their own unique artistic styles
- Provide constructive feedback to students on their progress
- Bachelor of Arts, Fine Arts, San Francisco State University, San Francisco, CA, 2011
Teaching Artist Resume with No Experience
Recent college graduate with a passion for art and teaching, looking to begin my career as a Teaching Artist with no experience. Motivated to bring knowledge and passion to the classroom and provide meaningful experiences for students.
- Innovative thinker with excellent problem- solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Creative and detail- oriented
- Comfortable leading small and large groups
- Computer savvy and confident with various technology programs
- Knowledge of various art mediums
- Plan and implement art lessons that are both engaging and educational
- Set up art materials and supplies prior to class
- Answer student questions regarding art techniques and concepts
- Guide and mentor student projects
- Provide constructive feedback and assessment
- Manage class behaviors and discipline
- Document and maintain student records
Teaching Artist Resume with 2 Years of Experience
A creative and experienced teaching artist with two years of experience in the classroom and in the digital space. Expertise in theatre, vocal/instrumental music, visual arts, and digital media. Highly skilled in connecting with students, creating engaging and interactive lesson plans, and developing digital content for learning. Passionate about helping students build confidence and explore their creative capabilities.
- Curriculum Development
- Classroom Management
- Student Engagement
- Digital Media Creation
- Creative Thinking
- Developed and conducted classroom activities that engaged students in learning and further developed their creativity and confidence.
- Developed lesson plans that incorporated grade level content and objectives, as well as original content.
- Utilized digital media to create engaging and interactive activities.
- Monitored student progress and provided feedback to ensure comprehension.
- Created digital content in the form of lesson plans, videos, and interactive activities to supplement classroom learning.
- Collaborated with other teaching artists to develop and refine lesson plans and activities.
- Developed and facilitated group activities, such as team- building exercises, that promoted problem solving and creative thinking.
- Assisted students with troubleshooting and technical support for digital projects.
Teaching Artist Resume with 5 Years of Experience
I am an experienced teaching artist with five years of experience in art instruction and curriculum development. I have a passion for working with students and providing them with hands- on learning experiences that allow them to explore their creativity and develop their artistic skills. I have a background in theatre and visual arts, and am highly skilled in multimedia technologies, creative problem solving, and working with diverse populations. I am confident in my abilities to design and execute fun and engaging activities that allow students to gain a better understanding of the subject matter.
- Multimedia Technologies
- Visual Arts
- Creative Problem Solving
- Curriculum Development
- Public Speaking
- Classroom Management
- Develop creative and engaging art activities and lessons for students.
- Prepare and present materials that provide a comprehensive overview of the art form.
- Supervise students during class and make sure they stay on task.
- Manage classroom resources, supplies, and equipment.
- Utilize multimedia technologies to enhance lectures and student projects.
- Create a safe and respectful learning environment for all students.
- Adapt instruction to meet the needs of different learning styles.
- Develop and implement assessment methods that gauge student progress.
Teaching Artist Resume with 7 Years of Experience
I am an experienced teaching artist with over 7 years of experience creating art, teaching art, and working with people of all ages. I have worked in a variety of settings, including traditional classrooms, after school programs, summer camps, and community centers. I am passionate about helping my students learn, explore, and express themselves through art, and I strive to create a safe and encouraging learning environment. I have the ability to work with a variety of materials and find creative solutions to artistic challenges. I am highly organized and reliable, and I am able to effectively communicate with both students and parents.
- Experienced in working with people of all ages
- Passionate about teaching and exploring art
- Highly organized and reliable
- Knowledgeable in a variety of materials and techniques
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team setting
- Leading classes in various art media including drawing, painting, sculpting, mixed media, and digital art
- Developing and delivering art education curriculum
- Working collaboratively with school personnel and art educators
- Assisting students in creating art projects
- Assisting with gallery and studio preparation
- Supervising and managing classrooms of students
- Evaluating classroom and student progress
Teaching Artist Resume with 10 Years of Experience
I am an experienced Teaching Artist with 10+ years of experience in the field. I have a proven track record of designing and creating engaging curricula for students of varying ages and backgrounds. My collaborative approach to teaching art has fostered a supportive and creative learning environment. I have extensive experience in developing interactive classrooms that nurture creativity and inspire students to reach their full potential.
- Developing and presenting engaging art- based curricula
- Creating interactive and collaborative learning environments
- Leading workshops, classes, and projects to inspire creative exploration
- Cultivating relationships with students and other stakeholders to foster an atmosphere of trust
- Mentoring and coaching students to reach their creative goals
- Adapting to different learning styles and abilities
- Developing teams and building connections through art
- Designing and delivering art classes, workshops, and projects to various age groups
- Facilitating engaging and creative art- based activities
- Encouraging meaningful dialogue and collaboration amongst students
- Developing and implementing curricula that meets the needs of the students and the organization
- Creating and managing budget and resources for art projects
- Fostering a sense of community and trust amongst students and families
- Mentoring and providing support to students in and out of the classroom
- Networking and building relationships with artists and organizations in the community
- Ensuring safety and wellbeing of students during classes/workshops/events
Teaching Artist Resume with 15 Years of Experience
Experienced teaching artist with over 15 years of experience, providing students with an understanding of art and inspiring them to explore their creativity. I have a diverse background in visual arts, including painting, drawing, printmaking, and digital art. My teaching philosophy emphasizes the need to learn while having fun, and I strive to create a positive and inspiring learning environment. I am committed to helping students reach their full creative potential.
- Strong visual arts background
- Excellent ability to explain complex topics in an understandable manner
- Knowledge of a variety of art materials and techniques
- Ability to manage a classroom and ensure the students stay focused and engaged
- Ability to create an encouraging and inspirational learning environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of art history and culture
- Teaching students various art techniques and methods
- Instructing students on how to use various art materials and tools
- Guiding students in problem solving and creative thinking skills
- Mentoring and encouraging students to explore and express themselves through art
- Developing creative projects and activities to engage students
- Evaluating student progress and performance
- Developing and implementing curriculum and lesson plans
- Collaborating with other teachers and staff to ensure interdisciplinary integration
- Communicating with parents and guardians to discuss student progress
- Maintaining a safe and organized classroom environment
What should be included in a Teaching Artist resume?
A Teaching Artist resume should contain key information about your professional experience, education, and qualifications for the position. It should also showcase your unique qualities and highlight your skills and accomplishments that are relevant to the role. Here’s what should be included in a Teaching Artist resume:
- Professional skills and experience: List any past teaching artist experience, as well as any related qualifications, such as a teaching certification or music/art certifications.
- Education: Include any relevant professional certifications and degrees.
- Professional affiliations: List any professional organizations or associations that you are a member of. This will demonstrate your commitment to your profession and show that you are actively involved in the industry.
- Teaching accomplishments: List any awards or recognitions you’ve received or any special projects or initiatives you’ve been involved in. This will demonstrate your success as a teaching artist and give potential employers an insight into your ability.
- Reference letters: Include a few reference letters from past employers, mentors, or colleagues. This will give potential employers an insight into your work ethic and qualifications.
- Portfolio: Include a link to your online portfolio or attach a PDF copy of your portfolio. This will give employers an insight into your creative capabilities.
By including these key elements, your Teaching Artist resume will be an effective tool for demonstrating your skills and qualifications and help you stand out from the competition.
What is a good summary for a Teaching Artist resume?
A Teaching Artist resume summary is a great way to quickly showcase your qualifications to potential employers. A good summary should provide an overview of your experience and skills in teaching art and outline the strengths that would make you an ideal candidate. Furthermore, it should highlight your creativity, passion, and enthusiasm for the field. Additionally, the summary should include any specialties or qualifications you may possess that make you particularly suited to the job. A great summary reads like a mini elevator pitch, succinctly summarizing the most relevant information in an attractive and memorable way. By including a strong Teaching Artist resume summary, you can give employers a clear and concise look at your qualifications and ensure that you stand out from the competition.
What is a good objective for a Teaching Artist resume?
A Teaching Artist resume should include an objective that focuses on the skills and qualifications that the artist has to offer. An effective objective will communicate the artist’s teaching philosophy, their qualifications, and the skills they bring to the job. Here are some examples of good objectives for a Teaching Artist resume:
- To use my experience as a successful artist, educator, and mentor to help students reach their full artistic potential.
- To help learners of all ages develop their understanding of the arts and gain the skills necessary to explore their creativity.
- To utilize my expertise in multiple art forms to make learning the arts an enjoyable and enriching experience.
- To apply my knowledge of art history, aesthetics, and technique to inspire and motivate students to reach their artistic goals.
- To foster a creative, safe, and supportive learning environment that encourages personal growth.
- To use my strong organizational and communication skills to develop engaging and effective lesson plans and activities.
- To create an atmosphere of collaboration and camaraderie between students and faculty.
- To develop unique teaching strategies that promote creative thinking, problem-solving, and self-expression.
- To use my knowledge of contemporary art to create meaningful learning experiences.
By creating an objective that clearly communicates their qualifications and teaching goals, Teaching Artists can ensure that their resume is inviting and relevant to potential employers.
How do you list Teaching Artist skills on a resume?
Your resume is the key to getting noticed by employers, and you want to make sure that your qualifications stand out. As a teaching artist, you have a unique set of skills that can be leveraged to make your resume more attractive to potential employers. When listing your teaching artist skills on a resume, you should focus on the core competencies that can help you to stand out from the crowd.
Here are some tips for how to effectively list your teaching artist skills on a resume:
- Highlight your creativity: As a teaching artist, you express yourself creatively through your work. Make sure to include your creative abilities on your resume to demonstrate your creative talents.
- Showcase your teaching methods: Employers want to know that your teaching methods are effective. List the methods you use to teach your students and the results you have achieved.
- Demonstrate your problem-solving skills: Teaching art requires creative problem-solving skills. Be sure to highlight how you solve complex issues in the classroom.
- Present your communication skills: As a teaching artist, you should be able to communicate effectively with your students. Showcase your communication skills in your resume to demonstrate your ability to build relationships with students.
- Emphasize your organization skills: As a teaching artist, you must be able to manage the classroom and keep it organized. Highlight your organizational skills in your resume so that employers can see that you are capable of managing a classroom.
By highlighting your teaching artist skills, you can make your resume stand out and make sure that employers take notice of your qualifications. Make sure to incorporate these tips when listing your teaching artist skills on a resume.
What skills should I put on my resume for Teaching Artist?
Teaching artists must have both creative and educational talents, and their resumes should show it. Your resume should highlight the unique combination of skills that set you apart from other educators.
To create an impressive resume for a teaching artist position, consider including the following skills:
- Artistic Talent: Highlight any specialties or awards you have received for your artistic work, such as painting, sculpture, or music. You can also include any relevant classes or workshops that you have taken.
- Teaching Experience: Include any teaching experience you have, whether it’s in a classroom, studio, or other educational setting. Let employers know if you have designed and implemented curriculum or if you have experience working with specific age groups.
- Communication Skills: Teaching involves a lot of communication. Be sure to emphasize your ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both in writing and verbally.
- Interpersonal Skills: Teaching artists must be able to work well with others, so it’s important to demonstrate this on your resume. Highlight any experience you have collaborating with other artists or working in a team environment.
- Time Management: Teaching artists need to be able to organize their time and materials effectively. Show employers that you have the ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize quickly.
- Adaptability: As a teaching artist, you will likely be working with a variety of students with different learning styles. Include any experience you have working with diverse populations, or any special techniques you use to help students learn.
Key takeaways for an Teaching Artist resume
When it comes to having a successful teaching artist resume, there are a few key takeaways to keep in mind. Here are some of the most important tips to keep in mind when crafting your teaching artist resume:
- Highlight Your Skills: As a teaching artist, you will need to demonstrate your ability to teach others in both verbal and written forms. Therefore, it is important to emphasize your skills on your resume in order to showcase your talent. Be sure to include any relevant teaching experience you have, as well as any certifications or qualifications.
- Include Your Relevant Projects: When crafting your teaching artist resume, it is important to include any relevant projects you have completed. This will help to demonstrate your skills and abilities as a teaching artist. Be sure to include any projects you have completed that showcase your understanding of the subject matter, as well as any awards or recognitions you have received.
- Showcase Your Creativity: As a teaching artist, it is important to show off your creativity. This can be done through your choice of words and phrasing, as well as the design and layout of your resume. Make sure to use creative fonts and colors to give your resume an eye-catching look.
- Be Clear and Concise: Your teaching artist resume should be short and to the point. Make sure to use clear and concise language that accurately represents your skills and abilities. Be sure to avoid any overly long and flowery language that could be confusing for the reader.
- Showcase Your Unique Qualifications: As a teaching artist, it is important to make sure to highlight any qualifications or certifications that you may have. This could include any awards or recognition you have received, as well as any special skills or qualifications that make you stand out from the crowd.
By following these key takeaways, you can craft a successful teaching artist resume that will help you stand out from the crowd.
Let us help you build
Make your resume more organized and attractive with our Resume Builder