Writing a resume is a daunting task, especially when you are an English teacher and are looking for a new job. It can be difficult to know what to include, how to word it, and what should be avoided. That’s why I have created this guide for English teachers looking to write their resume. In this guide, I will provide examples of what to include, how to word it, and what to avoid. By following this guide, you will be able to create a resume that sets you apart from the competition.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for, be sure to check out our complete library of resume examples.
Start building your dream career today!
Create your professional resume in just 5 minutes with our easy-to-use resume builder!
High School English Teacher Resume Examples
High School English Teacher
123 Main Street | Anytown, USA 99999 | Phone: (123) 456-7890 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A dedicated and motivated high school English teacher with 5+ years of experience in teaching English to both middle school and high school students. Possesses an in- depth knowledge of English language and literature, as well as a passion for engaging students in the learning process to help them reach their full potential.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to create engaging and motivating lesson plans
- Ability to assess student learning and provide feedback
- Knowledge of various teaching methods
- Ability to manage a classroom effectively
- High School English Teacher, ABC School District (2017- present)
- Developed lesson plans and delivered lectures focusing on English grammar, literature, and creative writing.
- Monitored student progress and provided feedback on their work.
- Collaborated with other teachers to develop new teaching strategies and approaches.
- English Teacher, XYZ School District (2015- 2017)
- Developed and implemented lesson plans for English classes.
- Assessed student learning and provided feedback on their work.
- Worked with the school administration to ensure curricula standards and objectives were met.
- Bachelor of Arts in English, University of ABC (2012- 2015)
- Master of Education in Secondary Education, University of XYZ (2015- 2017)
High School English Teacher Resume with No Experience
High school English teacher with no experience eager to put knowledge to use and help others learn. Possesses the enthusiasm, energy, and work ethic needed to succeed in the teaching profession.
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Knowledge of English language
- Ability to motivate and inspire
- Ability to adjust instruction
- Comfort in using technology
- Create and implement creative lesson plans
- Develop engaging activities
- Monitor progress of students
- Document assessment results of students
- Provide feedback on student work
- Collaborate with other teachers to design curriculums
- Attend professional development opportunities
- Participate in activities and events that further students’ learning
- Assist students with their understanding of language and literature
- Promote classroom discipline
- Assist with preparing for standardized tests
- Maintain positive relationships with students and parents
- Ensure student safety in the classroom
High School English Teacher Resume with 2 Years of Experience
Highly motivated high school English teacher with two years of experience in the classroom. A passionate educator and dedicated mentor, I specialize in helping teenagers to find their own voices and to feel confident in their abilities as readers and writers. I have a special interest in using technology in the classroom to engage students, helping them to become more actively engaged in their learning. My core skills include developing and adapting lesson plans to meet the needs of individual students, creating a safe and welcoming learning environment, and forming relationships with students and families.
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge and experience in English curriculum and instruction
- Ability to develop and adapt lesson plans
- Proficiency in using technology in the classroom
- Ability to foster meaningful relationships with students and families
- Develop and implement lesson plans that engage students, promote critical thinking and meaningful learning
- Evaluate student progress and performance and provide feedback
- Provide students with academic, social and emotional support
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop innovative approaches to teaching and learning
- Organize field trips, special events and other activities to facilitate learning and engagement
- Encourage student participation and collaboration in the classroom
- Support student learning through creative and engaging activities
High School English Teacher Resume with 5 Years of Experience
Highly motivated High School English Teacher with 5 years of experience in teaching English language and literature to high school students. Adept at developing lesson plans that cater to the needs of students and bridge the gap between school and life outside of school. Possesses excellent communication skills and is comfortable with incorporating technology into the classroom setting.
- Teaching English language and literature to high school students
- Developing lesson plans
- Creating activities for students
- Incorporating technology into the classroom
- Utilizing various teaching methods
- Encouraging student participation
- Developed lesson plans and activities for high school students
- Taught English language and literature to high school students
- Assisted students with their English language and literature skills
- Conducted regular assessments to gauge students’ comprehension
- Worked with parents to address their children’s needs
- Assisted in the development of English language proficiency
- Incorporated technology into the classroom environment
- Provided individualized instruction and support
- Facilitated student- led discussions and activities
High School English Teacher Resume with 7 Years of Experience
Rebecca Jenkins is an experienced English Teacher with 7 years of teaching experience, specializing in high school education. She has a passion for teaching and engaging students with interactive approaches to ensure they have a thorough understanding of the material. Rebecca has an excellent record of introducing creative, innovative activities to the classroom to increase student engagement and enthusiasm. Additionally, she has a strong ability to connect with students and develop relationships with them, creating a positive learning environment.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to create engaging, interactive lessons.
- Proficient in integrating technology into classroom instruction
- Passion for teaching and developing relationships with students
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Developing and delivering lesson plans
- Assessing student progress and providing feedback
- Developing engaging and interactive activities
- Developing meaningful curriculum
- Monitoring and evaluating student performance
- Motivating and encouraging students to reach their full potential
- Creating a positive learning environment
High School English Teacher Resume with 10 Years of Experience
Highly qualified High School English Teacher with 10 years of teaching experience with a proven track record of success in developing student skills and knowledge in English language and literature. Possesses exceptional classroom management skills, and is passionate about making a positive impact on student learning. Excellent communicator and capable of adapting teaching methods to suit different student needs and learning styles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledgeable in English literature and language
- Strong classroom management abilities
- Creative and innovative teaching methods
- Flexible and adaptable approach to instruction
- Good understanding of curriculum design
- Able to create engaging lesson plans
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Highly motivated and dedicated to student success
- Planning, developing and implementing lesson plans
- Teaching English language and literature to high school students
- Developing and assessing student progress
- Adapting teaching methods to suit different student needs
- Creating a safe and engaging classroom environment
- Monitoring student attendance and grades
- Maintaining records of student progress
- Motivating students to succeed in the subject
- Developing assessment materials and marking tests
- Communicating with parents of students
- Organizing special activities and field trips
- Staying current on education trends and methods
High School English Teacher Resume with 15 Years of Experience
Highly motivated and experienced High School English Teacher with 15 years in the field of education. Proven track record of improving student performance and creating a positive learning environment. Specialized in teaching literature, writing, and grammar, while developing writing and oral communication skills. Skilled in providing individualized support and fostering a positive climate for learning. Passionate about students’ success and committed to making a difference in their lives.
- Curriculum Development
- Differentiated Instruction
- Multi- Level Teaching
- Assessment & Evaluation
- Positive Classroom Environment
- Technology Integration
- Collaborative Teamwork
- Developed and implemented daily lesson plans to meet academic standards and student needs.
- Mentored, tutored, and provided learning support to students with special needs.
- Developed English language and literature curriculum for freshmen, sophomores, and juniors.
- Assessed student learning styles to provide differentiated instruction and learning activities.
- Utilized technology to enhance student learning, such as dictation software and online study tools.
- Encouraged students to collaborate and interact with each other in a positive and respectful manner.
- Maintained open communication with parents and administrators to ensure student success.
What should be included in a High School English Teacher resume?
Writing a resume for a high school English teacher position can be a daunting task. As with any job, it is important to tailor your resume to the specific position you are applying for. Here are some key elements you should include in your resume:
- Contact Information: Your resume should include your name, address, phone number, and email address.
- Qualifications: Include your educational qualifications, such as the degree you hold and any additional certifications you may have.
- Experience: Be sure to list any relevant teaching experience, including details such as the grade level you taught, courses you taught, and any other pertinent information.
- Skills: List any special skills, such as proficiency in a foreign language, that can make you stand out as a potential teacher.
- Awards and Honors: List any awards and honors you have received, such as “Teacher of the Year” or other recognitions.
- Professional References: Include at least three professional references, such as previous employers or colleagues.
By including these elements in your resume, you can demonstrate to potential employers that you possess the qualifications and experience necessary to be a successful high school English teacher.
What is a good summary for a High School English Teacher resume?
A high school English teacher resume should be concise and provide an overview of the applicant’s education, experience, and skills. It should focus on the qualifications that make the applicant the best fit for the position.
The resume should include the applicant’s educational background and any relevant certifications. It should also list any teaching experience and any professional development courses or activities. It should also highlight any specializations the applicant may have, such as in grammar, literature, or creative writing.
Experience teaching diverse student populations and utilizing various teaching methods and strategies should also be highlighted. It is also important to include any student-teaching experiences or volunteer work with local schools or organizations.
Finally, the resume should include any additional skills or qualifications, such as any familiarity with modern teaching technologies or fluency in a second language.
High school English teachers are expected to be organized and efficient, so it is important to make sure all sections of the resume are clear, concise, and easy to read.
What is a good objective for a High School English Teacher resume?
A high school English teacher plays an important role in helping students develop communication and creative-thinking skills. As such, having a well-crafted objective on a resume is essential for standing out to potential employers. A good objective should be concise, yet illustrate a candidate’s enthusiasm and qualifications for the role.
When it comes to writing a good objective for a high school English teacher resume, here are some tips:
- Focus on the job: Your resume objective should explain why you are the ideal candidate for the job. Use the job description of the position you are applying for to highlight your qualifications and experience.
- Highlight your skillset: English teachers need to have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Make sure to include relevant skills in your objective, such as “exceptional writing and speaking abilities.”
- Demonstrate dedication: High school English teachers need to be able to demonstrate a passion for working with students. Showcase your enthusiasm for teaching by emphasizing your commitment to helping students develop their writing and communication skills.
- Emphasize your qualifications: Highlight any special qualifications you have that make you an ideal candidate for the job. If you have experience teaching English in a high school setting, make sure to include that information in your objective.
By following these tips, you can create a resume objective that will effectively showcase your qualifications, skills, and enthusiasm for the role of a high school English teacher.
How do you list High School English Teacher skills on a resume?
High school English teachers are tasked with helping students develop their writing, communication, and reading skills. When listing your skills on a resume, it is important to showcase your abilities and give potential employers an accurate picture of your qualifications. Here is a list of skills to consider including on your resume for a high school English teacher position:
- Knowledge of English Grammar and Syntax: You should be comfortable identifying parts of speech, such as adjectives, adverbs, and conjunctions, as well as recognizing correct sentence structure and grammar.
- Ability to Adapt to Different Learning Styles: English teachers need to be able to cater to the varied learning styles of their students. Showcase your ability to think outside the box and develop creative approaches to teaching English.
- Ability to Use Digital Learning Platforms: Teachers need to be comfortable using digital learning platforms, such as Google Classroom, to facilitate the learning process.
- Expertise in Literature: Your resume should highlight your advanced knowledge of literature, such as modern and classical works, and your ability to explore them in an engaging and meaningful way.
- Writing Ability: You should be able to demonstrate your own writing ability, as well as be able to help students develop their own.
- Ability to Connect With Students: English teachers need to have a strong connection with their students in order to create an open and safe learning environment. Showcase your ability to understand and empathize with students.
High school English teachers play a vital role in helping students prepare for college, so it is essential to showcase your qualifications and experience on your resume. This list is just a starting point for creating a comprehensive and compelling resume for a high school English teacher position.
What skills should I put on my resume for High School English Teacher?
High school English teachers need to be well-rounded and have a variety of skills to be successful in the classroom. When crafting your resume for a high school English teacher position, make sure to highlight the following skills:
- Teaching & Curriculum Development: High school English teachers need to be knowledgeable about their subject and be able to develop lesson plans and curriculum to meet the needs of their students. They must be able to effectively explain concepts to their students in a way that is engaging and stimulating.
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills: High school English teachers must be able to communicate effectively with their students, colleagues, parents, and administrators. They must also be able to build relationships with their students and help them become successful learners.
- Analytical & Critical Thinking Skills: High school English teachers must be able to read and analyze texts, as well as evaluate student work in order to provide meaningful feedback. They must also be able to think critically and develop creative solutions to problems that arise in the classroom.
- Technology & Multimedia Skills: High school English teachers must be comfortable with technology and be able to incorporate it into their lessons. They should also be able to use multimedia tools, such as videos, podcasts, and online resources, to engage their students and enhance their lessons.
Highlighting these skills on your resume will demonstrate to potential employers that you are well-prepared to be a successful high school English teacher.
Key takeaways for an High School English Teacher resume
If you are a high school English teacher, your resume should highlight your ability to effectively teach and engage students in the subject. Your resume should also demonstrate that you are a well-organized, hardworking, and knowledgeable English teacher able to help students excel in the subject. Here are some key takeaways to help you craft a standout resume as a high school English teacher.
- Emphasize your teaching experience: As an English teacher, your resume should emphasize any teaching experience you have. Detail the courses you have taught, subject matter you have specialized in, and any curriculum development you have done. Additionally, highlight any teaching awards you have earned or recognition you have received.
- Showcase your educational background: Be sure to list your educational background and credentials for teaching English. Highlight any advanced degrees in education or English you have earned, as well as any certifications or endorsements you have obtained.
- Demonstrate your knowledge of English: Showcase any experience you have teaching various aspects of English such as grammar, composition, and literature. Be sure to include any specialized knowledge in English dialects, English as a second language, or the development of English speaking skills.
- Highlight any additional roles: If you have teaching experience beyond the traditional classroom, list it. Include any work with extracurricular clubs, tutoring, or mentoring. This will show potential employers that you are knowledgeable and experienced in a variety of teaching environments.
- Showcase your communication skills: As an English teacher, communication skills are essential. Demonstrate your ability to communicate effectively by highlighting any experience you have delivering lectures, leading discussions, and teaching in a way that engages students.
These are the key takeaways for crafting a standout resume as an English teacher. By using these tips, you can effectively showcase your knowledge, experience, and skills to potential employers.
Let us help you build
Make your resume more organized and attractive with our Resume Builder