Writing a resume for a high school art teacher position can be a daunting task. After all, it is the first impression that is made on the hiring committee and can make or break your chances of getting the job. The good news is that there are some key points to keep in mind that can help you craft an effective and impressive resume. By following the tips in this guide, you can make sure that your high school art teacher resume stands out from the competition and gets you the job you want.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for, be sure to check out our complete library of resume examples.
Start building your dream career today!
Create your professional resume in just 5 minutes with our easy-to-use resume builder!
High School Art Teacher Resume Examples
High School Art Teacher
123 Main Street | Anytown, USA 99999 | Phone: (123) 456-7890 | Email: email@example.com
I am an enthusiastic and creative High School Art Teacher with a passion for inspiring students to explore their creative potential. I have extensive experience creating a supportive and encouraging classroom environment and have developed a variety of teaching methods to engage students of different abilities and interests. With a strong background in modern art, I am adept in guiding students in developing their own individual styles. I am experienced in planning and executing projects, as well as providing feedback to help my students grow and develop their artistic skills.
- Curriculum development
- Classroom management
- Art teaching
- Project planning
- Creative problem solving
- Student engagement
- Effective communication
- Artistic vision
- Art Teacher, Garden City High School, Garden City, NY, 2015- present
- Developed and implemented a comprehensive art curriculum for grades 9–12
- Established and maintained a positive learning environment
- Organized and completed art projects with students
- Collaborated with other teachers and staff to develop lesson plans
- Developed and executed in- class tests and assessments
- Provided feedback to students on their artistic abilities
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, New York University, New York, NY, 2011
- Master of Arts in Education, Columbia University, New York, NY, 2013
High School Art Teacher Resume with No Experience
Recent college graduate with a passion for the arts and teaching. Experienced in working with children of all ages and eager to become a High School Art Teacher. Looking to use my creative abilities to inspire young minds and help them reach their full potential.
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to teach artistic concepts to students of all ages
- Knowledge of methods for teaching art
- Ability to assess and evaluate student performance
- Proficient in graphic design, drawing, and painting
- Knowledge of art history
- Excellent classroom management
- Design and implement creative art classes
- Evaluate student performance
- Educate students on the principles of art
- Instruct students on the use of art materials and techniques
- Assist in developing curricula and assessments
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with students and parents
- Encourage student creativity and enthusiasm for art
- Maintain a safe and orderly classroom environment
- Motivate and inspire students to reach their full potential
- Monitor student progress and adjust instruction accordingly
High School Art Teacher Resume with 2 Years of Experience
Highly experienced art teacher with two years of instruction in high school settings. Utilizing a creative approach to teaching, I am passionate about helping students develop their artistic abilities, as well as providing a supportive environment for exploring the history and principles of visual art. I specialize in introducing students to the fundamentals of design, color theory and painting.
- Fundamental knowledge of the history and principles of visual art
- Comprehensive understanding of design and color theory
- Ability to effectively communicate instruction to students
- Demonstrated aptitude in painting and other media
- Experienced in teaching curriculum with a variety of age groups
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Developing engaging, stimulating lesson plans
- Creating environment of encouragement and motivation
- Assessing student performance and providing feedback
- Encouraging creativity and exploration of artistic styles
- Working to ensure that all students have an understanding of art concepts
- Setting and maintaining a high standard of art instruction.
High School Art Teacher Resume with 5 Years of Experience
I am a highly creative and skilled High School Art Teacher with 5 years of experience in teaching art to students. My major areas of expertise include teaching art techniques, inspiring creativity and developing curriculum designs. I am also committed to providing students with opportunities to explore their creativity and express themselves in a safe and secure environment. I have a strong passion for art education and am highly dedicated to helping students build their skills and knowledge in the area of art.
- Art Education
- Curriculum Design
- Creative Inspiration
- Classroom Management
- Art Techniques
- Student Assessment
- Art History
- Developing art curriculum and lesson plans for high school students.
- Teaching art techniques and inspiring creativity through class activities and discussions.
- Assessing student’s work and giving appropriate feedback.
- Providing students with opportunities to explore their artistic potential and express themselves.
- Facilitating classroom discussions and managing student behavior.
- Assisting with other art related activities such as field trips and art exhibitions.
- Keeping up with the latest trends in art education and researching art history.
High School Art Teacher Resume with 7 Years of Experience
Highly qualified and experienced art teacher with 7 years of experience in teaching art in public high school settings. My experience ranges from creating and presenting individualized lessons for a wide range of student abilities to directing students in producing quality artworks. I specialize in teaching primary and secondary students the design principles, processes, and techniques of art making while cultivating an enthusiastic, innovative, and creative learning environment. I am passionate about providing my students with the tools and encouragement they need to make progress and excel in their art studies.
- Expertise in the principles, processes, and techniques of art making
- Experienced in teaching a variety of mediums and approaches to art making
- Creative and innovative lesson planning and presentation
- Excellent classroom management and discipline
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Knowledge of the curriculum and standards
- Ability to work with diverse student populations
- Developing and delivering individualized and differentiated lesson plans for a range of student abilities
- Leading art classes to foster an enthusiastic and creative learning environment
- Directing students in producing quality artworks
- Teaching the principles, processes, and techniques of art making
- Assessing student progress and providing feedback
- Encouraging student creativity and innovation in the classroom
- Collaborating with other teachers and staff to coordinate art- based activities
- Maintaining supplies inventory and ordering new materials as needed
High School Art Teacher Resume with 10 Years of Experience
Art teacher with ten years of experience providing education to high school students. Demonstrated ability to effectively integrate technology into the classroom and to work creatively with a wide range of students, from those with special needs to those with exceptional talents. Skilled in developing curricula across many disciplines, from painting and drawing to sculpture and digital media. Proven track record in cultivating an atmosphere of creativity and learning.
- Curriculum Development
- Technology Integration
- Arts Education
- Drawing and Painting
- Digital Media
- Student Assessment
- Classroom Management
- Design and implement an engaging and creative curriculum that encourages self- expression and exploration of the arts
- Develop lesson plans and activities that foster a safe and productive learning environment
- Utilize technology and digital media in the classroom to enhance learning
- Assess student progress in the understanding and application of the arts
- Collaborate with colleagues and other professionals to build stronger programs
- Manage the classroom environment to ensure an orderly and safe atmosphere
- Participate in professional development activities to stay up- to- date with the latest trends in the field
High School Art Teacher Resume with 15 Years of Experience
Highly motivated and experienced High School Art Teacher with 15 plus years of experience. Proven record of providing engaging and innovative art materials that encourages students to explore and create. Possess excellent communication, problem- solving and classroom management skills. Ability to provide meaningful feedback to students and parents and to maintain a positive learning environment.
- Experienced in classroom teaching and management
- Ability to foster creativity with art projects
- Knowledge of art history and contemporary art practices
- Proficient in visual arts, including drawing, painting, and sculpture
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time- management abilities
- Computer literate
- Developed and implemented engaging and creative art curriculum
- Instructed and assessed students on a variety of art- related topics
- Evaluated student artwork and provided constructive feedback
- Organized field trips to museums and art galleries
- Created and managed art clubs and other student activities
- Provided advice and guidance to students on art- related issues
- Developed and maintained relationships with parents and community members
- Organized and maintained art materials, supplies, and equipment
What should be included in a High School Art Teacher resume?
When applying for a position as a High School Art Teacher, having an effective resume is essential in order to stand out from the competition. Your resume should include pertinent information that highlights your skills, experience, and qualifications.
Here are some tips for creating a successful High School Art Teacher resume:
- Start with a professional summary that highlights your teaching experience and qualifications. Include the type of art classes you have taught, the grade levels you have taught, and any honors or awards you may have received.
- Highlight your teaching experience and qualifications by listing the specific courses you have taught, the age groups you have taught, and the topics you have covered. Include any relevant certifications or training you have received.
- Include a listing of any additional duties you have undertaken, such as designing lesson plans, creating art curriculum, or managing student portfolios.
- Include a list of any special projects or classes you have created or taught.
- Include a list of any professional activities or positions you may have held, such as membership in professional organizations or participation in conferences.
- Include a list of any awards or honors you have received, such as recognition from student organizations or from your former employers.
- Include any relevant contact information, such as references or letters of recommendation.
By following these tips for creating a successful High School Art Teacher resume, you can be sure that you have the best chance of getting the job you want.
What is a good summary for a High School Art Teacher resume?
A high school art teacher resume should showcase the candidate’s qualifications and experience in teaching art in a high school setting. As an art teacher, the candidate should demonstrate their ability to engage students creatively and teach them the basics of art history, art techniques, and fundamentals of art. The summary should also emphasize the applicant’s knowledge and understanding of applicable state education standards as it relates to art instruction. Furthermore, the summary should demonstrate the candidate’s ability to successfully collaborate with other faculty and staff to design and implement a successful art program. Finally, the summary should include any experience or related skills that could help the candidate stand out from the competition.
What is a good objective for a High School Art Teacher resume?
A high school art teacher resume should feature an objective that emphasizes the candidate’s passion for art education and desire to help students develop a lifelong appreciation for the craft. The objective should also highlight the candidate’s qualifications, experience, and technical skills as they relate to the position. Here are a few examples of objectives that could be included on a high school art teacher resume:
- To teach art history, painting, and sculpting to high school students, encouraging them to think critically and express themselves through their art.
- To utilize my knowledge and experience in art education to develop and implement engaging and creative art curriculums for high school students.
- To foster an appreciation for art in high school students, helping them develop the skills necessary to pursue a career in the field.
- To use my technical skills to teach high school students about various art techniques, as well as the fundamentals of art theory.
- To share my passion for art and art education with high school students and help them develop a lifelong appreciation for the craft.
- To use my knowledge, experience, and enthusiasm to create a stimulating learning environment for high school students.
- To use my enthusiasm and creativity to create art lessons that are both educational and enjoyable for high school students.
How do you list High School Art Teacher skills on a resume?
When listing your High School Art Teacher skills on a resume, it’s important to emphasize your teaching and classroom management experience. Art teachers must often collaborate with other teachers and administrators, establish good working relationships with students, and create a safe and comfortable learning environment.
Here are some skills to consider including on your resume:
- Developed and implemented innovative and engaging lesson plans
- Established and maintained a controlled, disciplined classroom environment
- Assessed each student’s performance and provided feedback
- Utilized nonverbal and verbal communication to convey instruction
- Collaborated with other staff to create an interdisciplinary approach to teaching art
- Facilitated cooperative learning and teamwork among students
- Provided students with the opportunity to express themselves through art
- Adapted lessons according to individual student needs
- Developed and implemented art curriculum
- Organized and prepared classroom materials and supplies
- Assisted in organizing and supervising school field trips
- Motivated students to achieve their best
- Provided after-school tutoring for struggling students
- Worked with administrators to facilitate school-wide art projects
- Participated in faculty meetings and professional development workshops
By emphasizing your teaching and classroom management skills on your resume, you can demonstrate to employers that you are well-prepared to take on a High School Art Teacher role.
What skills should I put on my resume for High School Art Teacher?
Having the right skills on your resume is essential if you want to be a successful high school art teacher. Art teachers need to have a strong visual arts background, combined with a good understanding of the principles of teaching. It is also important to have excellent communication and organizational skills, as well as the ability to manage a classroom and create lesson plans.
When creating your resume for a high school art teacher position, make sure to include the following key skills:
- Visual Arts Knowledge: High school art teachers should be knowledgeable in all aspects of visual art, including drawing, painting, sculpture, and digital media. Showcase any awards you have won, as well as any experiences or education that demonstrate your knowledge in this area.
- Classroom Management: High school art teachers should have the ability to manage a classroom and create a positive learning environment. Demonstrate this skill by providing examples of how you have delegated responsibilities and handled disruptive students.
- Communication: As an art teacher, you will need to be an effective communicator in order to convey ideas and information to your students. Showcase your communication skills by providing examples of how you have successfully communicated with students and colleagues.
- Creative Thinking: Creative thinking is an important skill for an art teacher because it allows you to come up with innovative ideas and solutions. Showcase any past jobs or projects that demonstrate your ability to think outside of the box.
- Organization: As an art teacher, you will need to be organized in order to keep track of student assignments and lesson plans. Provide examples of how you have successfully organized projects or classes.
These skills will help you stand out on a resume for a high school art teacher position. With the right combination of experience, knowledge, and skills, you can make yourself a competitive candidate for the job.
Key takeaways for an High School Art Teacher resume
As an art teacher, your resume should showcase your creativity, organizational skills, and your ability to effectively communicate with students and faculty. Highlight any teaching experience, certifications, and specializations. If you have experience working with high school students specifically, that should be emphasized. Here are some key takeaways when crafting a resume as a high school art teacher:
- Showcase your strong organizational skills. Art teachers must be able to manage their classrooms, create lesson plans, and stay organized. Highlight any experience or skills that demonstrate your ability to do this.
- Highlight any specializations or certifications you may have. Specializations could include technology in the classroom, multimedia, etc. Certifications such as CPR or first aid certifications should also be mentioned.
- Demonstrate your ability to work with students of different backgrounds. As an art teacher, you may work with a wide variety of students from different backgrounds and cultures. Showcase any experience or knowledge you have about working with diverse student populations.
- Showcase your knowledge of modern art trends. Art teachers should be aware of the latest trends in art, from digital art to traditional art. Showcase any knowledge you have that shows you understand modern art trends.
- Showcase any experience you have working with high school students. If you have taught high school art before, emphasize that experience.
Following these key takeaways will help you create a strong resume for a high school art teacher position. Showcase your creativity, organizational skills, and knowledge of modern art trends, as well as your ability to work with high school students.
Let us help you build
Make your resume more organized and attractive with our Resume Builder