Adjunct instructors play a vital role in our educational system, teaching courses, leading lectures, and providing students with the knowledge they need to succeed in their academic pursuits. Writing a resume for a role as an adjunct instructor can be a bit of a challenge, however, as there are certain qualifications and competencies which employers will look for that might not be as relevant in other professions. This guide provides an overview of the key considerations when writing an effective resume for an adjunct instructor position, along with example resumes to illustrate what a successful resume might look like.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for, be sure to check out our complete library of resume examples.
Start building your dream career today!
Create your professional resume in just 5 minutes with our easy-to-use resume builder!
Adjunct Instructor Resume Examples
123 Main Street | Anytown, USA 99999 | Phone: (123) 456-7890 | Email: email@example.com
A skilled Adjunct Instructor with 10+ years of experience in teaching a variety of topics and subject matter within higher education and adult learning. Possessing excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills with an ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with students, faculty and staff. Proven success in creating and delivering engaging lectures and activities that challenge and motivate students.
- Experience with adult learning
- Engaging lectures and activities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Creating positive relationships
- Facilitate group discussions
- Problem solving
- Adaptable to changing environments
Adjunct Instructor, ABC University, 2020 – Present
- Teach multiple courses in the master’s program, such as Introduction to Research Methods and Statistics, Quantitative Analysis and Qualitative Analysis
- Develop course syllabus, lectures and activities
- Evaluate student performance through exams, quizzes and projects
- Mentor and advise students to maximize their academic success
- Facilitate group discussions and activities
Adjunct Instructor, XYZ College, 2014 – 2020
- Taught a variety of courses in the master’s and bachelor’s program, such as Research Methods, Qualitative Analysis and Quantitative Analysis
- Developed course syllabus, lectures and activities
- Evaluated student performance through exams, quizzes and projects
- Mentored and advised students to achieve their academic goals
- Facilitated group discussions and activities
Master’s Degree in Education, ABC University, 2008
Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, XYZ College, 2005
Adjunct Instructor Resume with No Experience
Organized and highly motivated Adjunct Instructor with a strong knowledge base in educational theory and classroom strategies. Dedicated to the promotion of critical thinking and problem solving skills in students.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong teaching experience
- Experience with different learning styles
- Knowledge of the current learning standards
- Ability to evaluate student performance
- Proficient in using technology for educational purposes
- Develop lesson plans and instructional materials
- Facilitate student learning through lectures, discussions, and demonstrations
- Assess student progress and provide feedback
- Monitor student behavior and maintain a safe learning environment
- Collaborate with other teachers to create diverse learning plans
- Provide individualized instruction to meet the needs of all students
- Participate in teacher- parent conferences and other meetings
Adjunct Instructor Resume with 2 Years of Experience
Dynamic and experienced Adjunct Instructor with 2+ years of experience in teaching and curriculum development. Focused on creating engaging lectures, professional and knowledgeable in a variety of teaching techniques. Ability to present information in a creative and organized manner to ensure students are engaged and are able to understand the material quickly. Proven ability to collaborate effectively with faculty and staff to create an engaging learning environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Innovative problem solving and teaching strategies
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of instructional design strategies
- Highly organized and able to complete assignments under deadline
- Ability to motivate and engage students
- Developed innovative course curriculum
- Created and implemented assessment strategies for course objectives
- Taught and monitored student progress
- Provided additional support for students when needed
- Assisted in the development of course materials
- Prepared and presented lectures and seminars
- Led discussion groups for the understanding of the topics
- Facilitated student evaluations of assigned course materials
Adjunct Instructor Resume with 5 Years of Experience
Dynamic and engaging Adjunct Instructor with over 5 years of teaching experience. Highly knowledgeable in curriculum development and student assessment practices. Proven track record of motivating students to achieve the highest level of learning. An expert in helping students develop critical thinking skills. Exceptional organizational and communication skills.
- Curriculum Development
- Student Assessment Practices
- Motivating Students
- Developing Critical Thinking Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Communication Skills
- Classroom Management
- Developing and delivering educational lesson plans
- Developing and facilitating class projects, activities and discussions
- Providing direction, guidance, and feedback to students
- Maintaining class records and assessments
- Updating current teaching methods to encourage student learning and retention
- Monitoring student performance and providing appropriate interventions
- Assisting with parent- teacher conferences
- Using technology to enhance instruction and student learning
- Developing meaningful relationships with students and faculty.
Adjunct Instructor Resume with 7 Years of Experience
A highly experienced and knowledgeable Adjunct Instructor with over seven years of experience in teaching and education, I have a strong commitment to improving the quality of education with innovative and engaging teaching strategies. I have considerable knowledge of various subject areas such as mathematics, science, English, and social studies, and have developed a wide range of skills in student assessment and evaluation, lesson planning, problem- solving, and communication. I also have expertise in developing and implementing curricula and providing individualized instruction. With a commitment to excellence, I strive to foster an environment of learning and growth for all my students.
- Excellent teaching and communication skills
- Knowledge of various subject areas
- Ability to plan and implement effective lesson plans
- Proficient in student assessment
- Competent in problem- solving and troubleshooting
- Experience in developing and administering curricula
- Knowledge of instructional technologies
- Developing and teaching engaging and stimulating lessons
- Evaluating student performance and providing feedback
- Monitoring student progress and assessing individual needs
- Utilizing learning materials and technologies to facilitate learning
- Maintaining records and completing reports for administration
- Organizing and managing classroom activities
- Participating in faculty meetings and other professional development activities
- Establishing and maintaining positive relationships with students, faculty, and parents
Adjunct Instructor Resume with 10 Years of Experience
A seasoned Adjunct Instructor with 10 years of experience in teaching, mentoring and managing various projects in the industry. Possessing a Master’s degree in Education and a commitment to excellence in every task. Highly knowledgeable in curriculum design, lesson plan development, classroom management and student assessment. Excellent team building and communication skills, with the ability to motivate, inspire, and engage students.
- Curriculum Design
- Lesson Plan Development
- Classroom Management
- Student Assessment
- Team Building
- Motivation & Inspiration
- Developing and implementing lesson plans for courses.
- Organizing and utilizing classroom resources.
- Conducting lectures, discussions and tutorials.
- Assessing and grading student projects, presentations and assessments.
- Conducting research on course material and preparing reports.
- Controlling student behavior in the classroom.
- Organizing special events and field trips.
- Arranging guest lectures and events.
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with students.
- Counseling students and providing academic advice.
- Continuously updating and improving lesson plans.
Adjunct Instructor Resume with 15 Years of Experience
With over 15 years of experience as an adjunct instructor, I have gained expertise in teaching best practices, online education, and curriculum design. I have developed strong interpersonal communication skills, curriculum development and evaluation, and extensive understanding of classroom management. I have a passion for teaching, helping students reach their full potential, and developing innovative and engaging learning experiences.
- Experienced in online education
- In- depth knowledge of curriculum design and evaluation
- Expertise in teaching best practices and classroom management
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to create innovative and engaging learning experiences
- Developed and implemented curriculum for assigned classes
- Developed innovative and engaging online learning modules for various courses
- Developed and maintained syllabi for assigned courses
- Collaborated with other instructors to ensure effective teaching
- Evaluated student’s performance and provided feedback
- Instructed undergraduate and graduate classes in assigned topics
- Taught both traditional and online classes
- Assisted in the development of new courses and the updating of existing courses
- Monitored student progress to ensure that course objectives were met
- Assisted in the development and implementation of assessment methods and grading systems.
What should be included in a Adjunct Instructor resume?
An adjunct instructor resume should include some key elements in order to stand out from the crowd. Here are some things to consider including in your resume if you are seeking a teaching role:
- Education: Adjunct instructors must have at least a Master’s degree in their field of teaching. Be sure to include your highest level of education, along with the name of the institution and the date you obtained your degree.
- Experience: Include any teaching experience you have had, whether it was in a classroom or an online setting. Be sure to include the length of time during which you taught, the subject you taught, and the institution or organization where you taught.
- Certifications: If you have any certifications related to teaching, such as a CRLA certification, list them in your resume.
- Professional affiliations: If you are a member of any professional organizations related to teaching, such as the Association of Independent Colleges and Universities, list them on your resume.
- Skills: Include any special skills or abilities that you have that may be relevant to teaching, such as expertise in using certain technologies or software programs.
- Publications: If you have any published works related to teaching, list them on your resume.
By including these elements in your resume, you will be able to demonstrate that you are a qualified and experienced adjunct instructor.
What is a good summary for a Adjunct Instructor resume?
A good summary for an Adjunct Instructor resume should emphasize the applicant’s experience, skills, and qualifications as an educator. It should also highlight any past accomplishments as an educator, such as student success stories or awards. The summary should also make sure to include any relevant educational degrees and certifications, as well as any specialized skills the applicant may have, such as teaching English as a second language or teaching students with special needs. Finally, the summary should mention any of the applicant’s ability to work with students of different ages or backgrounds.
What is a good objective for a Adjunct Instructor resume?
A good objective for an Adjunct Instructor resume is a concise summary of relevant qualifications and accomplishments that demonstrate your ability to help students learn and to provide effective classroom instruction. It should also show that you have the necessary qualifications to meet the requirements of the position. Here are some examples of objectives that can be used when writing an Adjunct Instructor resume:
- To use my experience in higher education and classroom instruction to provide exceptional learning experiences for students.
- To leverage my knowledge of teaching pedagogy and curriculum development to create engaging and informative classroom experiences.
- To utilize my knowledge of educational technology and online learning platforms to facilitate meaningful learning experiences.
- To employ my skills in problem-solving and critical thinking to help students learn more effectively.
- To contribute my knowledge of subject matter, educational theory, and research methodologies to enhance student learning outcomes.
- To draw on my expertise in classroom management, assessment and evaluation, and student counseling to foster positive learning outcomes.
How do you list Adjunct Instructor skills on a resume?
Adjunct instructors bring a wealth of experience and knowledge to the classroom, and their resumes should reflect their range of skills. When creating a resume for an adjunct instructor position, it is important to showcase all of your relevant experience, qualifications, and skills. Here are some tips for highlighting your skills:
- Include a “Summary of Qualifications” section at the top of your resume that succinctly summarizes your relevant qualifications for the role.
- Use industry-specific language and terminology to demonstrate your expertise in the subject matter.
- Highlight your ability to communicate effectively. Teaching requires engaging with the students, so be sure to emphasize your interpersonal skills and your ability to communicate complex concepts in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Showcase your ability to create learning materials. Adjunct instructors often create course materials, so be sure to demonstrate your ability to develop and design educational material that is engaging and informative.
- Emphasize your ability to work with a variety of teaching styles. Adjunct instructors often work with a range of students, from those who are highly motivated to those who need a bit of extra help. Showcase your ability to modify your teaching style to best reach all students.
- Highlight any relevant experience you have. It is important to demonstrate that you have the necessary experience to teach the subject matter.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your resume stands out and that your skills as an adjunct instructor are highlighted.
What skills should I put on my resume for Adjunct Instructor?
An adjunct instructor plays an important role in the classroom, and it’s important to include the right skills on your resume to ensure that you are considered for the position. When considering what skills to include on your resume for an adjunct instructor position, you should focus on the following:
- Organizational Skills: As an adjunct instructor, you will need to be able to keep track of a variety of tasks and deadlines, as well as create lesson plans and syllabi. Demonstrating experience with organization and planning will be beneficial.
- Communication Skills: Being able to communicate effectively with your students and colleagues is essential. Demonstrate that you have good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Leadership Skills: As an adjunct instructor, you will likely be required to lead and manage a classroom. Show that you have the ability to take charge, motivate students, and lead discussions.
- Teaching Skills: Show that you have experience teaching, whether in a classroom setting or online. Include any training or certification in teaching or curriculum development.
- Technology Skills: As an adjunct instructor, you may need to use technology for teaching, grading, and communication. Demonstrate that you are comfortable using computers, software, and communication tools.
By including the right skills on your resume for an adjunct instructor position, you can demonstrate to potential employers that you are qualified and prepared to take on the job.
Key takeaways for an Adjunct Instructor resume
When writing an adjunct instructor resume, there are a few key takeaways to keep in mind that can help to make it stand out from the crowd.
First, be sure to highlight any relevant teaching experience you have. Even if it is only a few semesters or a part-time job, this will demonstrate that you have the necessary skills and experience to teach in an academic setting. Additionally, be sure to highlight any special certifications or degrees you have attained, as this can be a great way to demonstrate your expertise in the field.
Second, be sure to emphasize your ability to relate to students and promote learning. Showing that you have the ability to engage and motivate students is essential for any teaching position. Showcase any volunteer or extracurricular activities you have participated in that demonstrate your ability to work with students, along with any awards or accolades you’ve earned.
Finally, be sure to demonstrate a commitment to the institution. Show that you understand the culture and values of the institution by highlighting any activities you have participated in that are directly related to it. This could include any committees you have served on, professional development activities you have taken, or any other initiatives you have taken part in.
By following these key takeaways for an adjunct instructor resume, you can ensure that your resume stands out from the crowd and will be seen as a valuable candidate for any teaching position.
Let us help you build
Make your resume more organized and attractive with our Resume Builder