Are you looking for a job as a security guard? Have you been trying to find out how to write a great resume to get an interview with potential employers? Writing a resume is an important part of the job search process, and if you want to stand out from the competition, it is essential you craft a unique and effective document. This guide will provide you with all the information you need to create a professional security guard resume and land the job you’ve been searching for. We’ll provide tips and advice on all the important components of your document, as well as example resumes to get you started.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for, be sure to check out our complete library of resume examples.
Start building your dream career today!
Create your professional resume in just 5 minutes with our easy-to-use resume builder!
Security Guard Resume Examples
123 Main Street | Anytown, USA 99999 | Phone: (123) 456-7890 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dedicated and reliable security guard with 10+ years of experience in protecting property and enforcing rules and regulations. Proven track record of maintaining a safe environment, responding to emergencies, and monitoring surveillance systems. Possess excellent problem- solving, communication, and customer service skills.
- Supervising security personnel
- Conducting security patrols
- Investigating incidents
- Developing and implementing security plans
- Responding to emergencies
- Identifying security issues
- Operating security systems
- Maintaining records and reports
- Enforcing safety regulations
- Providing customer service
Security Guard, ABC Security Services – San Francisco, CA
June 2010 – Present
- Monitor and secure premises to protect against theft, vandalism, and illegal activities
- Conduct regular patrols and inspect buildings, gates, fences, and other areas
- Maintain records of security activities and incidents
- Respond to security breaches and provide assistance in emergency situations
- Ensure safety regulations are followed
Security Guard, XYZ Security Services – San Francisco, CA
February 2009 – May 2010
- Patrolled and inspected premises to ensure safety of personnel and property
- Monitored security systems, alarms, and surveillance equipment
- Investigated incidents and wrote detailed reports
- Responded to emergencies and provided assistance
- Enforced safety and security regulations
High School Diploma, Springfield High School – Springfield, CA, 2006
Security Guard Resume with No Experience
- Dedicated, hardworking and highly security- minded individual seeking a Security Guard position. Possess strong communication, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Computer proficiency
- Conflict resolution
- Report writing
- Emergency response
- Surveillance monitoring
- Attention to detail
- Access control
- Monitor entry and exit points for visitors and staff.
- Monitor closed circuit TV surveillance systems.
- Maintain logs of all visitors, deliveries and employees.
- Perform regular patrolling of the premises to identify any potential safety or security issues.
- Enforce safety policies and procedures within the establishment.
- Investigate suspicious behavior and activities.
- Respond to emergency situations and provide assistance to customers or staff.
- Maintain order and enforce regulations in assigned areas.
- Investigate any theft, vandalism or other criminal activity.
- Address any customer complaints or questions.
- Assist with crowd control.
- Assist in the maintenance of security equipment.
Security Guard Resume with 2 Years of Experience
Hardworking and reliable Security Guard with 2 years of experience in safeguarding property and personnel. Proven ability to work long hours in challenging environments and remain calm and composed under pressure. Experienced in detecting suspicious activities, preventing unauthorized access and maintaining general safety of premises.
- Excellent observational and monitoring skills
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Proficient in using surveillance and security systems
- Highly organized and detail- oriented
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good physical stamina
- Flexible and adaptable to changing situations
- Maintained vigilance over premises to detect any suspicious activity
- Patrolled areas within the premises on a regular basis
- Monitored entrance and exits to ensure unauthorized persons are not allowed access
- Responded to alarms, disturbances and other emergency situations
- Assisted with investigations of violations of law and security policies
- Provided escorts to visitors
- Maintained log books and monitored CCTV footage
- Performed first aid in emergency situations
Security Guard Resume with 5 Years of Experience
Highly experienced Security Guard with 5 years of experience providing physical and electronic security services to a variety of clients. Possess excellent communication, problem- solving and customer service skills. Track record of successfully implementing security protocols and responding to emergencies in a timely and efficient manner.
- Knowledge of security operations
- Effective surveillance and patrol skills
- Conflict resolution and de- escalation
- Good observation and reporting
- Excellent communication
- Working knowledge of computer systems
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Patrol premises to maintain order and establish presence
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities such as equipment or property damage
- Circulate among visitors, patrons, and employees to preserve order and protect property
- Inspect and adjust security systems, equipment, and machinery to ensure operational use
- Investigate and report any suspicious activities and persons
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances
Security Guard Resume with 7 Years of Experience
A Responsible and reliable security guard with 7 years of experience patrolling sites, protecting property and equipment, monitoring people and entries, and enforcing rules. Possesses excellent communication and problem- solving skills, a keen eye for detail, and the ability to react quickly and calmly to emergency situations. Committed to providing a safe and secure environment for staff, customers, and visitors.
- Threat assessment
- Conflict resolution
- Access control
- First aid/CPR
- Physical security
- Report writing
- Electronic monitoring
- Monitor and patrol premises to prevent theft, vandalism, and trespassers
- Perform regular walk- throughs to check the security of windows, doors, and other entrances
- Monitor surveillance equipment and review recordings to identify suspicious activity
- Secure and control access to restricted areas
- Respond to alarms, emergency situations, and suspicious activities
- Investigate and document security incidents
- Maintain order and enforce rules and regulations
- Address customer complaints and inquiries
- Prepare detailed reports of daily activities and incidents
Security Guard Resume with 10 Years of Experience
A highly experienced Security Guard with 10 years of experience in providing security services and enforcing safety regulations. Skilled in conducting security patrols, responding to alarms and incidents, and monitoring facility access. Proven ability to maintain order, diffuse difficult situations and ensure the safety of employees, visitors and property.
- Security and safety management
- Observation and surveillance
- Access control and visitor management
- Incident reporting and documentation
- Risk assessment and response
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Emergency response
- Conflict resolution
- Conduct regular security patrols of the premises to monitor and identify any safety or security concerns
- Enforce safety regulations and respond quickly to alarms and incidents
- Control access to the facility and monitor visitors to ensure compliance with safety regulations
- Respond to emergencies and take appropriate action to mitigate consequences
- Investigate and report incidents, thefts, and other security- related issues
- Maintain order in public areas and ensure the safety of employees, visitors and property
- Interact with the public in a professional and courteous manner
- Maintain accurate logs and records of security incidents, patrols and inspections
Security Guard Resume with 15 Years of Experience
Highly experienced Security Guard with fifteen years of experience in providing security and protection services. Adept in developing clear and effective security plans, using the latest security systems, and consistently enforcing security protocols. Proven ability to remain calm and alert during emergencies, while exercising excellent crisis management and conflict resolution skills.
- Surveillance and patrol
- Access control
- Risk assessment
- Investigative techniques
- Emergency response
- Report writing
- Crisis management
- Conflict resolution
- Security systems
- Patrol premises regularly to detect any suspicious activity or security breaches.
- Monitor and control access to restricted areas.
- Investigate and document any security incidents.
- Respond to emergency situations in a timely and effective manner.
- Conduct regular risk assessments to identify potential security risks.
- Maintain accurate records of daily surveillance activities.
- Develop and implement security protocols to ensure the safety of personnel and property.
- Monitor CCTV systems and inspect security equipment.
- Investigate any reported criminal activity.
- Prepare security- related reports for management.
- Cooperate with law enforcement agencies.
- Assist in training and supervising security personnel.
What should be included in a Security Guard resume?
When it comes to preparing for a job as a security guard, you need to make sure that your resume is up to the task. Crafting a strong resume is essential for standing out from the competition and getting your foot in the door. To ensure that you create a resume that will make you look like the ideal candidate for the job, here are some key elements to include.
- Work Experience: Start off by listing your most recent job as a security guard and then work your way back. Be sure to include the company name, job title, and time period worked. In addition, provide a brief summary of your job duties and any special accomplishments that you achieved in that position.
- Education and Certifications: Make sure to include any certifications or degrees that are relevant to the job, such as a security guard license, unarmed security guard license, or crowd control/patrolling certification.
- Skills: List all of the relevant skills that you possess, such as surveillance and monitoring, threat detection, communication and interpersonal skills, and crisis management. Make sure to include any special training or courses that you have taken that are pertinent to the job.
- Character References: Include at least two character references from past employers, supervisors, or colleagues who can attest to your character and work ethic.
- Achievements: If you have any awards, accolades, or accomplishments related to your work as a security guard, make sure to list them on your resume.
By including these essential elements on your resume, you will demonstrate to potential employers that you have the experience and expertise necessary for the job. With a well-crafted resume, you can be sure that your application will stand out from the competition and get you closer to your career goals.
What is a good summary for a Security Guard resume?
A Security Guard resume should provide a summary of the candidate’s qualifications, experience, and training. The summary should demonstrate why the candidate is the ideal candidate for the position, as well as highlight past achievements that are relevant to the role.
Key qualifications to include are the ability to work independently and collaboratively, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to follow instructions, experience with security systems and protocols, physical fitness and endurance, and a valid security guard license.
Experience and training should be highlighted in the summary, including previous security guard positions, customer service experience, training in first-aid and CPR, and any additional qualifications that are relevant to the security guard position.
In addition to highlighting qualifications and experience, the summary should also mention any awards or recognition that the candidate has earned throughout their career. This may include customer service awards, safety awards, or certificates of completion of specific security guard training programs.
The summary should be concise and easy to read, while conveying the candidate’s skills, experience, and qualifications in a positive light. By creating a well-crafted summary, the candidate will have a higher chance of being selected for the security guard position.
What is a good objective for a Security Guard resume?
A security guard is a professional who is responsible for the safety and security of a facility and its occupants. When creating a resume for a security guard position, it is important to include an objective that articulates your goals and highlights your qualifications for the role.
Here are some ideas for what to include in a security guard resume objective:
- Demonstrate expertise in surveillance techniques and safety protocols
- Utilize effective communication skills to maintain a safe and secure environment
- Possess an aptitude for problem-solving and conflict resolution
- Exercise strong decision-making abilities
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with staff and patrons
- Maintain confidentiality of information
- Remain vigilant and attentive at all times
- Possess a valid security guard certification (where required)
By including an objective in the resume that reflects your experience and skills, you can show potential employers that you are an ideal candidate for the security guard position.
How do you list Security Guard skills on a resume?
When applying for a job as a security guard, it’s important to have the right skills listed on your resume. Your potential employer will want to know that you have the skills necessary to protect their property and staff. Here are some of the most important security guard skills to include on your resume:
- Patrolling: A security guard must patrol designated areas to ensure the safety of the premises. This includes inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points.
- Surveillance: Security guards must be able to monitor the premises using CCTV cameras, alarm systems, and other surveillance methods.
- Crisis Management: Security guards must be capable of responding to any emergency situation quickly and effectively. This includes the ability to assess risk, de-escalate situations, and contact the appropriate professionals.
- Report Writing: Security guards are required to document events and incidents. This includes writing detailed reports and maintaining accurate records.
- Customer Service: Security guards must be able to interact with people in a professional, courteous manner. This includes interacting with customers, staff, and visitors.
- Conflict Resolution: Security guards must be able to resolve conflicts between customers, staff, and visitors.
- Physical Fitness: Security guards must be physically fit in order to carry out their duties. This includes being able to stand for long periods of time, as well as running or walking if necessary.
These are some of the essential security guard skills to include on your resume. By highlighting these skills, you can demonstrate to potential employers that you have the abilities necessary to protect their property and personnel.
What skills should I put on my resume for Security Guard?
When applying for a job as a security guard, it’s important to showcase the skills and qualifications that make you the perfect candidate for the position. Here are some skills that you should include on your resume when applying for a security guard position:
- Physical Fitness: Security guards must be able to remain vigilant and on their feet for long periods of time. Therefore, it is important to highlight your physical fitness and any training related to it.
- Surveillance: Security guards need to monitor their environment and identify any suspicious activity. Mention any experience you have with surveillance systems and technology, such as CCTV surveillance, alarm systems, and access control.
- First Aid: Security guards are trained to respond to medical emergencies. List any certified first aid and CPR training that you have received.
- Conflict Resolution: Security guards must be able to de-escalate situations that can quickly become dangerous. List any experience you have had in this area, such as training in methods of conflict resolution.
- Interpersonal Communication: Security guards must be able to effectively communicate with both the people they protect and their colleagues. Demonstrate your interpersonal skills by including any experience in customer service, problem-solving, and working as part of a team.
- Attention to Detail: Security guards must be highly observant and able to identify potential security threats. Highlight any experience you have in areas such as detective work, investigations, or analysis.
By including these skills on your resume, you can show potential employers that you have the skills and experience necessary to be a successful security guard.
Key takeaways for an Security Guard resume
When applying for a job as a security guard, it is important to create a resume that will stand out from the crowd. To ensure you make the most of your resume, there are certain key takeaways to keep in mind.
- Be clear and concise: When writing your resume, make sure to keep your language clear and concise. Use bullet points and short, powerful sentences to make it easier for the employer to understand your qualifications.
- Highlight your experience: List the different companies you have worked for and the positions you have held. Outline any security-related duties or responsibilities you have had. If possible, include any certifications or training you have completed that is related to the security guard field.
- Include relevant skills: List any skills that are applicable to the security guard position, such as knowledge of the applicable law, surveillance techniques, communication skills, problem-solving capabilities, and physical fitness.
- Demonstrate your reliability: Showcase any achievements or accolades you have earned in the security field. Employers want to know that you are reliable and capable.
- Proofread: As with any piece of writing, it is important to proofread your resume. Make sure there are no typos or grammatical errors.
By following these key takeaways, you can create an effective security guard resume that will help you stand out from the competition.
Let us help you build
Make your resume more organized and attractive with our Resume Builder