Writing a resume as a registered nurse can be a daunting task. With so much competition for nursing jobs, you need to make sure that your resume stands out among the rest. As a nurse, you will have many skills and qualifications that employers will be interested in, and it is important to showcase these appropriately. This guide will provide you with tips on how to write a standout registered nurse resume, as well as some examples of resumes that have stood out. With the right approach, you can give yourself the best chance of success when applying for a nursing job.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for, be sure to check out our complete library of resume examples.
Start building your dream career today!
Create your professional resume in just 5 minutes with our easy-to-use resume builder!
Registered Nurse Resume Examples
123 Main Street | Anytown, USA 99999 | Phone: (123) 456-7890 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I am a passionate Registered Nurse with 6 years of experience in providing quality care to patients in a variety of settings. My expertise in nursing extends to patient assessment, medication management, wound care, and education. I have the experience and skill- set to work with a diverse array of patients, and I am committed to providing compassionate care. I am an excellent communicator and problem solver, and I am capable of managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Assessment & Diagnosis
- Care Planning & Implementation
- Education & Counseling
- Medication Administration
- Wound Care
- Crisis Management
- Infection Control
- Quality Improvement
- Patient Advocacy
- Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
- Staff Nurse, XYZ Hospital – Boston, MA (2015- Present)
- Provide direct patient care to a variety of patients in the hospital setting
- Carry out nursing assessments, create and implement care plans, and evaluate patient progress
- Administer medications and treatments, monitor vital signs and lab results, and provide patient and family education
- Collaborate with physicians, other healthcare providers, and ancillary staff to ensure quality care
- Maintain accurate patient records and documentation
- Clinical Nurse Manager, ABC Medical Center – New York, NY (2013- 2015)
- Managed and provided direction and oversight to a staff of 20 nurses in the hospital
- Developed and implemented policies and procedures to ensure quality patient care
- Supervised nursing staff including providing performance reviews, mentoring and coaching
- Participated in patient rounds and collaborated with physicians on patient care
- Oversaw and ensured accuracy of patient documentation and compliance with standards of care
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, XYZ College – New York, NY (2013)
- Associate of Science in Nursing,
Registered Nurse Resume with No Experience
Recent nursing school graduate with a passion for providing quality patient care. Possesses a strong understanding of the fundamentals of nursing, with the ability to use complex medical equipment, assess patient needs, and administer medications. Highly organized, and able to remain composed and professional in fast- paced environments.
- Clinical knowledge and experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to remain organized and composed under pressure
- Expertise in medical equipment use
- Ability to provide patient education
- Obtain patient vitals and medical history
- Administer medications and treatments
- Monitor patient progress and adjust treatment plans as needed
- Assess and document patient condition
- Educate patients on health and safety
- Collaborate with doctors, nurses, and other healthcare professionals
- Ensure proper safety protocols and sterilization techniques are followed
- Keep patient records and confidential information secure
- Provide emotional support to patients and families
Registered Nurse Resume with 2 Years of Experience
Dedicated and experienced registered nurse with two years of experience in diverse healthcare settings. Expertise in providing patient- centered care, helping to improve patient outcomes, and creating a positive atmosphere for staff, visitors, and patients. Possesses a highly organized approach to care and a passion for helping others.
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing principles, procedures, and practices
- Excellent patient communication and assessment skills
- Proficient in the use of medical technology and equipment
- Skilled in developing and implementing treatment plans
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Understanding of medical terminology and documentation
- Ability to work cooperatively with other healthcare professionals
- Assessing and monitoring patient conditions
- Developing and implementing patient care plans
- Administering medications and treatments
- Documenting patient records and medical histories
- Providing emotional support to patients and family members
- Educating patients and family members on medical conditions and treatments
- Monitoring vital signs, such as blood pressure and heart rate
- Administering intravascular, subcutaneous, and intramuscular injections
- Performing laboratory tests and analyzing results
Registered Nurse Resume with 5 Years of Experience
Dedicated and experienced Registered Nurse with 5 years of experience providing medical care in hospital and clinical settings. Skilled in leading teams in providing care and monitoring patient progress. Experienced in patient assessment and in developing and implementing treatment plans, working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams to ensure quality and timely patient care. Committed to providing the highest level of quality and patient- centric care.
- Patient assessment
- Medical care
- Treatment plans
- Patient monitoring
- Team leadership
- Multidisciplinary collaboration
- Quality assurance
- Assessed patients to identify their needs and develop care plans
- Administered medications, treatments and therapies according to doctor’s instructions
- Monitored patient progress and reported changes to physicians
- Coordinated with multidisciplinary teams to ensure quality and timely patient care
- Collaborated with physicians and other healthcare personnel to implement patient care plans
- Assisted in the development and implementation of patient treatment plans and protocols
- Educated patients and families on home health care needs, treatments and therapies
Registered Nurse Resume with 7 Years of Experience
A compassionate and accomplished Registered Nurse with seven years of experience in providing quality care to a variety of patient populations. Demonstrated ability to quickly develop trusting relationships with patients and their families. Experienced in promoting cooperation and collaboration among all medical personnel. Highly knowledgeable about the latest medical standards and procedures. Proficient in documentation and communication of patient conditions.
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Leadership and organizational skills
- Ability to take initiative
- Attention to detail
- Critical thinking
- Compassion and empathy
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Conducting assessments, diagnostics, and treatments for assigned patients
- Developing and implementing individualized plans of care
- Documenting patient assessments and changes in condition
- Educating patients and families on health maintenance and disease prevention
- Collaborating with the interdisciplinary team to ensure quality patient care
- Administering medications and treatments in accordance with physician orders
- Monitoring patient progress and reporting changes to physicians
Registered Nurse Resume with 10 Years of Experience
Highly skilled, experienced, and compassionate Registered Nurse with 10 years of experience in providing exceptional care to patients. Possesses an in- depth knowledge of clinical practices, medical terminology, and patient care. Adept at managing time, multitasking, and maintaining patient confidentiality. Strong patient advocate who prides in delivering a positive patient experience.
- Proactive and organized
- Exceptional communication skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Patient assessment
- IV insertion and medication administration
- Working knowledge of EMR systems
- Documentation accuracy
- Interpersonal skills
- Assessed patient condition and provided appropriate medical care
- Evaluated patient progress and modified plans as necessary
- Collaborated with other healthcare professionals in developing patient care plans
- Administered medications and monitored patient reactions
- Assisted in emergency situations and ensured patient safety
- Educated patients and their families on treatments and medications
- Provided emotional support to patients and families
- Maintained medical records and patient charts accurately and up- to- date
Registered Nurse Resume with 15 Years of Experience
Highly experienced and motivated Registered Nurse with 15 years of experience in providing thorough and compassionate care to patients. Skilled in assessing patient needs and developing treatment plans. Experienced in administering medications, performing medical procedures, and monitoring patient progress. Committed to providing patient- centric care and maintaining a safe and comfortable medical environment.
- Patient Assessment
- Patient Monitoring
- Medication Administration
- Medical Procedures
- Treatment Planning
- Infection Control
- Patient Education
- Team Collaboration
- Interpersonal Communication
- Assessed patient condition upon admission and during treatment
- Administered medications and intravenous injections as prescribed by physician
- Monitored patient progress and responded to changing conditions
- Developed treatment plans and documented patient care
- Educated patients and families on medical conditions and treatments
- Implemented infection control measures to maintain safe and sanitary environment
- Collaborated with healthcare team to ensure quality patient care
- Responded to patient requests in a timely manner
In addition to this, be sure to check out our resume templates, resume formats, cover letter examples, job description, and career advice pages for more helpful tips and advice.
What should be included in a Registered Nurse resume?
A Registered Nurse (RN) resume is a critical part of the job search process and is the primary way employers will evaluate your skills and qualifications. To stand out from the competition and land your perfect job, you need to make sure that your resume is professional, complete, and up-to-date.
Here are some key elements that should be included in a Registered Nurse resume:
- Contact Information: Your full name, current address, phone number, and email address should be listed prominently at the top of your resume.
- Professional Summary: This section should include a brief overview of your qualifications and experience as a Registered Nurse.
- Education: Include the name and location of the nursing program you attended and the degree you earned.
- Clinical Experience: List any clinical experience you have, such as internships, practicums, or volunteer work.
- Certifications and Licenses: Be sure to list any professional certifications or licenses you have earned, such as the Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) or the Registered Nurse Practitioner (RNP) credential.
- Skills: Summarize your skills and abilities, highlighting any specialties you have.
- Awards and Honors: Include any awards or honors you have received for your nursing work.
- Professional Memberships: List any professional organizations you are a member of that are related to nursing.
- References: Provide contact information for two or three professional references.
What is a good summary for a Registered Nurse resume?
A good summary for a Registered Nurse (RN) resume should demonstrate a proven track record of providing quality patient care. It should concisely highlight the RN’s educational qualifications, certifications, specialized training, and relevant experience. The summary should also emphasize the RN’s ability to handle multiple tasks, collaborate and communicate with other medical staff, and provide compassionate care to patients. Most importantly, the summary should emphasize the RN’s commitment to continuing professional development and staying up-to-date on the latest medical advancements. Overall, the summary should showcase skills and achievements that make the RN an outstanding candidate for the position.
What is a good objective for a Registered Nurse resume?
What is a Good Objective for a Registered Nurse Resume?
When you are applying for a job as a registered nurse, you will want to make sure that your resume stands out from the competition. Having a well-crafted objective statement is a great way to make your resume shine. An objective statement is a brief sentence or two that states your career goal and highlights your skills and qualifications.
A good objective for a registered nurse resume should:
- Highlight your relevant qualifications and skills
- Showcase your ability to think critically and solve problems
- Express a desire to be part of a team
- Showcase your commitment to patient care
- Demonstrate your dedication to providing quality healthcare
- Emphasize your desire to stay up to date with the latest nursing practices
By including an objective statement on your resume, you will be giving potential employers a better sense of who you are and why you are the right fit for the job. Be sure to include information that will be relevant to the specific role you are applying for.
How do you list Registered Nurse skills on a resume?
When listing your Registered Nurse skills on a resume, you should include both hard and soft skills that show your expertise in the nursing field. The skills you list will demonstrate to potential employers how you can contribute to their team. Below is a list of the kinds of skills to consider including on your resume when applying for a nursing job:
- Patient Care: Showcase your skills in providing direct care to patients and helping them reach their health goals.
- Clinical Protocols: Demonstrate your knowledge of the clinical protocols used in the nursing profession.
- Diagnosis and Treatment: Highlight your ability to diagnose and treat patients effectively.
- Communication: Demonstrate your ability to communicate effectively with patients and other medical staff.
- Computers and Software: Showcase your skills in using computers and software related to the nursing profession.
- Teamwork: Prove you are capable of working well with other medical staff and providing excellent patient care.
- Caring: Showcase your strong bedside manner and ability to provide compassionate care to patients.
- Documentation: Demonstrate your ability to accurately document data and patient progress.
You should also include any industry-specific certifications or licenses you have in the relevant section of your resume. By showing off your Registered Nurse skills on your resume, you can prove to employers that you have the experience and knowledge needed to succeed in the profession.
What skills should I put on my resume for Registered Nurse?
When looking to apply as a Registered Nurse, it is important to showcase your qualifications and experience on your resume. To strengthen your resume, there are certain skills that employers look for when hiring Registered Nurses.
- Clinical Skills: Registered Nurses are required to possess a wide variety of clinical skills, and it is essential that they are able to demonstrate these skills effectively and efficiently. This includes administering medications and treatments, providing patient assessments, and monitoring patients.
- Communication Skills: As a Registered Nurse, you must be able to effectively communicate with patients, family members, and other medical professionals. This includes being able to clearly and concisely explain medical procedures and treatments, as well as provide support and comfort to patients and their families.
- Problem-solving Skills: Registered Nurses must be able to think on their feet, and must possess strong problem-solving skills. In many cases, RNs must be able to recognize and diagnose medical conditions and determine appropriate medical interventions in order to provide the best care for their patients.
- Leadership Skills: Registered Nurses are often responsible for managing teams of medical staff, and therefore they must possess strong leadership and organizational skills. This includes effective delegation of tasks, being able to mentor and guide other medical staff, and taking initiative in developing new approaches to patient care.
By including these skills on your resume, you will be able to show employers that you have the necessary qualifications and experience to excel as a Registered Nurse.
Key takeaways for an Registered Nurse resume
When crafting the perfect resume for a Registered Nurse, it is important to ensure that the key skills, qualifications and experience are effectively highlighted to capture the attention of potential employers. This blog section will aim to provide some key takeaways that will help you create an impressive resume for a Registered Nurse.
- Highlight your Nursing Experience: A Registered Nurse resume should begin with a detailed summary of your nursing experience. Include the types of care you’ve provided, the length of time you spent in the position, and any certification or licensure you have. Make sure to also include any clinical experience you have, such as working in specialized areas like hospice, geriatrics, or neonatal.
- Showcase your Communication Skills: As a Registered Nurse, communication is key. Make sure to highlight your ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, and other healthcare professionals. Include any awards or accolades you have received for your communication skills and any additional training you have done to further develop your professional capabilities.
- Detail your Leadership Qualities: Nursing is an industry that highly values leadership. Highlight any leadership roles you have held throughout your career, such as team leader or head nurse. If you have any experience working with other healthcare professionals, include this as well. Focus on any areas you have led in that have helped improve patient care and outcomes.
- Talk About Your Education: Nursing requires a certain level of education. Make sure to include any degrees or certifications you have earned in your resume. Be sure to list your education section in reverse chronological order, meaning that the most recent degrees or certifications you have should be listed first.
By following these key takeaways, you can create an impressive resume for a Registered Nurse that will help you stand out from the competition. Highlighting your nursing experience, communication skills, leadership qualities, and education can help to showcase your skills and make you a top candidate for the job.
Let us help you build
Make your resume more organized and attractive with our Resume Builder