Are you looking for a job as a Geriatric Nursing Assistant? If so, you need to have a competitive resume that highlights your experience, qualifications, and skills. Writing an effective resume can be intimidating, especially when you don’t have experience in the field. Fortunately, this guide can help you create a strong resume for a Geriatric Nursing Assistant role. By following the tips and examples below, you can make sure your application stands out.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for, be sure to check out our complete library of resume examples.
Start building your dream career today!
Create your professional resume in just 5 minutes with our easy-to-use resume builder!
Geriatric Nursing Assistant Resume Examples
Geriatric Nursing Assistant
123 Main Street | Anytown, USA 99999 | Phone: (123) 456-7890 | Email: email@example.com
As a Geriatric Nursing Assistant, I have extensive experience with elderly care in a long- term care facility. My expertise includes bedside care, medical recordkeeping, and providing assistance to medical staff. I am compassionate, empathetic, organized, and a patient advocate. My goal is to provide the highest quality of care to those I serve.
- Bedside care for elderly clients
- Assessment of vital signs
- Providing assistance to medical staff
- Medical record- keeping
- Medication administration
- Patient advocacy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Empathetic and compassionate demeanor
Geriatric Nursing Assistant, ABC Long- Term Care Facility, July 2018- Present
- Provide bedside care for elderly patients
- Assess and record vital signs
- Administer medications as prescribed
- Assist medical staff with procedures
- Maintain accurate medical records
- Advocate for elderly patients and their families
Certified Nursing Assistant, ABC Nursing School, 2018
- Completed Certified Nursing Assistant coursework
- Certified in First Aid, Adult/Child CPR, and AED
Geriatric Nursing Assistant Resume with No Experience
Dedicated Geriatric Nursing Assistant with a passion for promoting the wellbeing of senior citizens. Adept in providing a safe and comfortable environment for elderly patients. Committed to providing quality care to geriatric patients in need.
- Compassionate and understanding of elderly patients
- Knowledgeable of geriatric care best practices
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to lift and move elderly patients
- Ability to follow directions and complete tasks efficiently
- Good organizational and multitasking abilities
- Assist elderly patients with their daily activities
- Assist with grooming and toileting needs
- Help patients with meals, feeding and nutrition
- Monitor vital signs and report any changes to supervising nurse
- Provide companionship and conversation to reduce loneliness
- Transport patients to doctor’s appointments
- Provide emotional support to elderly patients
Geriatric Nursing Assistant Resume with 2 Years of Experience
Dedicated and compassionate Geriatric Nursing Assistant with 2 years of experience providing excellent patient care in a fast- paced nursing home setting. Possesses a strong knowledge of geriatric care and techniques, with a proven ability to assess, monitor, and document patient condition changes. Experienced in providing basic patient care and assistance with activities of daily living. Remains calm in emergency situations and is able to interact effectively with elderly patients and their families.
- Geriatric Care
- Patient Care
- Medication Administration
- Vital Signs Monitoring
- Mobility Assistance
- Assistance with Activities of Daily Living
- Documentation and Charting
- Patient Comfort
- Hospice Care
- Emergency Response
- Interpersonal Communication
- Assisted patients with daily activities such as bathing, grooming, and basic hygiene
- Monitored and recorded vital signs, such as temperature, blood pressure, and respiration rate
- Administered medications and treatments as instructed by physicians
- Provided assistance and comfort to elderly patients, including assistance with mobility, transfers, and ambulation
- Assisted in the preparation of meals and snacks for patients
- Assisted patients with limited mobility to perform therapeutic exercises as instructed by physical therapists
- Developed and maintained good relationships with patients and their families
- Documented patient progress, conditions, and care according to established standards
Geriatric Nursing Assistant Resume with 5 Years of Experience
Dedicated Geriatric Nursing Assistant with five years of experience providing exceptional care to elderly patients in a variety of healthcare settings. Demonstrated expertise in providing comprehensive geriatric care, including daily hygiene care, medical assessments, administering medications, and assisting with mobility. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build trusting relationships with patients and their families. Committed to adhering to all safety regulations and helping elderly patients maintain their independence and dignity.
- Assessment and documentation of changes in patient status
- Administering medications and treatments as ordered
- Assisting with mobility and personal hygiene
- Coordinating with other healthcare team members
- Caring for patients with acute and chronic conditions
- Monitoring vital signs
- Providing emotional and psychological support
- Maintaining patient confidentiality
- Provided daily personal hygiene care, including bathing, grooming, and assisting with eating
- Assisted with walking and other mobility activities
- Checked vital signs and documented patient progress
- Administered medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician
- Prepared meals according to health care plans
- Ensured a clean and safe environment for all patients
- Provided emotional and psychological support for patients and their families
- Collaborated with other healthcare team members to develop and implement care plans
- Maintained accurate records of patient care and progress
Geriatric Nursing Assistant Resume with 7 Years of Experience
A highly experienced Geriatric Nursing Assistant with 7+ years of experience in providing supportive and compassionate care for elderly patients. Highly skilled in providing physical, emotional, and mental support in conjunction with the care plan provided by the nursing staff. Possesses excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills as well as a strong attention to detail.
- Provide direct care to elderly patients
- Experience in assisting elderly individuals with activities of daily living
- Ability to understand and follow the care plan provided by a nursing staff
- Strong experience in providing emotional, mental, and physical support
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain a safe environment
- Ability to ensure the comfort and well- being of the elderly patients
- Provide assistance with activities of daily living, such as bathing, dressing, grooming, and toileting
- Monitor vital signs and report any changes to the nursing staff
- Assist elderly patients with mobility and transfers
- Provide emotional support to patients and families
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of meals
- Maintain a clean and safe environment for patients
- Provide health education and support to patients and families
- Participate in recreational activities with patients
- Document all patient care activities in patient health records
Geriatric Nursing Assistant Resume with 10 Years of Experience
Experienced and compassionate Geriatric Nursing Assistant with 10 years of experience providing excellent care and assistance to elderly patients. Skilled in assisting with routine daily tasks, providing patient comfort, and helping with activities of daily living. Proven ability to build relationships with patients and their families, resulting in improved quality of care.
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of geriatric healthcare
- Patient safety and comfort
- Administrative skills
- CPR and BLS certified
- Ability to lift and transfer elderly
- Caring and empathetic nature
- Ability to work in a fast- paced environment
- Providing assistance with activities of daily living
- Helping with personal care, such as bathing and dressing
- Observing and reporting patient conditions
- Assisting with range of motion exercises
- Performing light housekeeping duties
- Supporting the nursing staff with patient care
- Documenting patient information
- Providing emotional and moral support to patients and families
Geriatric Nursing Assistant Resume with 15 Years of Experience
Dedicated and reliable Geriatric Nursing Assistant with 15 years of experience providing compassionate and attentive care for elderly patients. Strong commitment to patient safety and comfort, as well as providing support and assistance with activities of daily living. Experienced in geriatric care, dementia care and wound care.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team
- Knowledge of safety protocols in geriatric care
- Ability to perform vital signs accurately
- Knowledgeable in operating medical equipment
- Excellent judgment, problem solving and critical thinking
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Assisted with activities of daily living such as feeding, bathing, dressing, and toileting
- Observed patients and reported changes in their condition and care needs
- Provided companionship and emotional support to the elderly
- Gathered vital information such as patient’s temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure, and weight
- Helped patients with walking, transferring and range of motion exercises
- Assisted in providing wound care, range of motion, urinary catheterization and enema treatments
- Monitored vital signs and reported to nurse when changes occurred
- Assisted in creating a safe and healthy environment for the elderly
In addition to this, be sure to check out our resume templates, resume formats, cover letter examples, job description, and career advice pages for more helpful tips and advice.
What should be included in a Geriatric Nursing Assistant resume?
When applying for a Geriatric Nursing Assistant position, you want to make sure your resume stands out from the competition. You should emphasize your training, experience and skills that are relevant to working with elderly patients. Here are some key points to consider when constructing your resume:
- Highlight your qualifications: Include any education, professional certifications, training, or other credentials that you possess that demonstrate your knowledge and expertise in working with elderly patients.
- Highlight your experience: Include any past work experience or volunteer jobs that involve caring for elderly patients. Make sure to include the duties that you performed, as well as emphasizing any successes you had while in the role.
- Demonstrate your skills: Include any relevant skills that you possess, such as the ability to lift patients, move wheelchairs and beds, administer medication, and provide companionship.
- Include a professional summary: Summarize your qualifications, skills, and experience in a brief summary at the top of your resume.
- Include references: Include contact information for two or three professional references who can attest to your job performance and character.
By emphasizing your qualifications, experience and skills, you will be able to demonstrate to potential employers that you are the ideal candidate for the Geriatric Nursing Assistant position.
What is a good summary for a Geriatric Nursing Assistant resume?
A Geriatric Nursing Assistant (GNA) resume should highlight the applicant’s compassion, attention to detail and commitment to providing comprehensive care to elderly patients. The resume should include a summary that outlines the applicant’s education and work experience, as well as any specialized training in geriatric nursing. The summary should also showcase the applicant’s outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, along with any certifications or awards they have received. Finally, the summary should emphasize the applicant’s strong commitment to providing the highest quality of care to their elderly patients. By emphasizing these qualifications, the applicant can demonstrate their experience and expertise in providing geriatric nursing care and create a resume that stands out among the competition.
What is a good objective for a Geriatric Nursing Assistant resume?
A Geriatric Nursing Assistant (GNA) is a specialized type of medical professional who provides assistance and support to elderly patients. They work in long-term care facilities, hospitals, and other healthcare settings. When writing a resume for such a position, it is important to have a clear objective that outlines your qualifications and experience. Here are some good objectives for a GNA resume:
- To obtain a challenging role as a Geriatric Nursing Assistant where I can utilize my extensive experience in the healthcare field and provide compassionate care to elderly patients.
- Seeking a position as a Geriatric Nursing Assistant to utilize my skills in providing patient-centered care in a long-term care facility.
- Looking to leverage my knowledge and experience in geriatric nursing and my commitment to patient care to serve as a Geriatric Nursing Assistant in a healthcare setting.
- To obtain a position as a Geriatric Nursing Assistant in a hospital or nursing home, where I can use my specialized skills to provide quality care and comfort to elderly patients.
- To use my experience in geriatrics and my dedication to patient care to contribute to a long-term care facility as a Geriatric Nursing Assistant.
Having a clear and concise objective on your resume can help to catch the attention of potential employers and show them why you are the best candidate for the job. A good objective can go a long way in helping you stand out from the competition.
How do you list Geriatric Nursing Assistant skills on a resume?
When applying for a Geriatric Nursing Assistant position, it is important to include relevant skills on your resume to show employers that you are the right fit for the job. It’s important to highlight the skills that you have that make you uniquely qualified for the role.
Below are some of the top skills to list when creating a resume for a Geriatric Nursing Assistant position:
- Patient Care: Geriatric Nursing Assistants are responsible for providing high-quality patient care to elderly individuals. Include any experience you have providing patient care, such as monitoring vital signs, providing assistance with activities of daily living, and administering medication.
- Communication: Geriatric Nursing Assistants must be able to communicate effectively with both elderly patients and their family members. Show off your communication skills by listing examples of how you have successfully communicated with patients and family members in the past.
- Compassion: As a Geriatric Nursing Assistant, you need to have compassion for elderly individuals and their families. Show off your compassionate side by including examples of times you have provided emotional and physical support to elderly patients.
- Multitasking: Geriatric Nursing Assistants must be able to multitask and prioritize tasks in order to provide the best patient care. List any experience you have with multitasking, such as managing multiple patient cases at once or working on multiple projects at the same time.
- Interpersonal Skills: Geriatric Nursing Assistants must be able to work well with others, both colleagues and elderly patients. Show off your interpersonal skills by including examples of times you have successfully worked with others in the past.
By highlighting your relevant skills, you can make your resume stand out from the competition and make yourself a more desirable candidate for the position. Make sure to include these key Geriatric Nursing Assistant skills when creating your resume.
What skills should I put on my resume for Geriatric Nursing Assistant?
If you’re looking to become a geriatric nursing assistant, you need to demonstrate you have the right skills to provide the care and support elderly patients need. When constructing your resume, it’s important to showcase your qualifications and experience that demonstrate your capabilities. Here are some of the top skills to consider when creating your resume for a geriatric nursing assistant position:
- Compassion: As a geriatric nursing assistant, you’ll be caring for elderly patients. Compassion and empathy are essential skills to have in this role, as elderly patients often need a lot of emotional support.
- Knowledge of Geriatric Health Care: You should demonstrate your knowledge of geriatric health care on your resume. Showcase your understanding of the unique physical and emotional challenges older patients face, and your ability to provide the specialized care they require.
- Communication: As a geriatric nursing assistant, you need to be an effective communicator. You should be comfortable speaking with elderly patients and their families, as well as other members of the care team.
- Physical Strength: You should be able to show that you have the physical strength to assist patients with their mobility. This may include helping them to walk, bathe, and dress.
- Documentation Skills: You need to be able to accurately document vital signs, patient notifications, and other medical information. Explain your ability to record patient information in an accurate and timely manner.
These are just a few of the skills you can highlight on your resume for a geriatric nursing assistant position. Demonstrating your qualifications and experience in these areas will help employers see you have the skills and knowledge to provide excellent care to elderly patients.
Key takeaways for an Geriatric Nursing Assistant resume
When creating a resume for a Geriatric Nursing Assistant role, there are certain key takeaways worth considering. A successful resume should demonstrate a candidate’s ability to provide compassionate, patient-centered care in a team environment.
Here are some key takeaways to include in your resume for a Geriatric Nursing Assistant position:
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the needs of elderly patients and the ability to provide reliable and compassionate care.
- Highlight any experience providing assistance with activities of daily living (bathing, grooming, etc.) and in-home care.
- Incorporate knowledge of senior care laws and regulations and your commitment to compliance.
- Show that you are a team player who is willing and able to work under the direction of professionals such as nurses and physicians.
- Emphasize your excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as your ability to keep records accurately.
- Demonstrate your understanding of safety protocols and your ability to observe and report changes in a patient’s condition.
- Present your certifications and training in geriatric care, such as first aid, CPR, and infection control.
By incorporating these takeaways into your resume, you can show that you have the skills, experience, and qualifications necessary to excel in a Geriatric Nursing Assistant role.
Let us help you build
Make your resume more organized and attractive with our Resume Builder