Writing a resume for a role as a Human Intelligence Collector (HIC) requires a knowledge of the job and its related tasks. It is important to highlight the skills and experience that make you qualified for the position, while also demonstrating your knowledge of the technical and analytical aspects of the job. This guide will provide examples of how to write a resume for a HIC position. It will discuss the key skills and qualifications needed to be successful in the position, as well as what to include in each section of your resume. Additionally, it will provide sample resumes for HIC positions to give you an idea of what a successful HIC resume looks like. By the end of this guide, you will have the tools you need to create a well-crafted Human Intelligence Collector resume.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for, be sure to check out our complete library of resume examples.
Start building your dream career today!
Create your professional resume in just 5 minutes with our easy-to-use resume builder!
Human Intelligence Collector Resume Examples
Human Intelligence Collector
123 Main Street | Anytown, USA 99999 | Phone: (123) 456-7890 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Highly motivated Human Intelligence Collector with 5 years of experience gathering, analyzing and interpreting data to develop actionable intelligence. Proven success in coordinating multiple sources of intelligence, while performing in- depth investigations and managing information operations. Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, enabling superior collaboration with personnel of varying ranks and backgrounds.
- Knowledgeable in national security policies, intelligence directives and strategic planning
- Skilled in developing, analyzing and presenting intelligence products
- Experienced in operational planning and intelligence cycle management
- Adept in collecting, interpreting and evaluating human intelligence
- Skilled in using various tools and techniques to identify and evaluate sources
- Experienced in managing operations for high- threat, high- risk missions
- Proficient in both verbal and written communication
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
Human Intelligence Collector, US Army | 2016- present
- Develop human intelligence collection plans and determine appropriate operations
- Execute and continue human intelligence operations, both onsite and remotely
- Analyze source information and determine accuracy of provided information
- Manage operations for high- threat, high- risk missions
- Utilize various tools and techniques to identify and evaluate sources
- Manage intelligence cycle and coordinate multiple sources of intelligence
- Prepare and present intelligence products to senior leadership
Human Intelligence Collector, US Navy | 2015- 2016
- Conducted in- depth investigations and gathered intelligence to support operation planning
- Collected, interpreted and evaluated human intelligence
- Developed, analyzed and presented intelligence products
- Coordinated multiple sources of intelligence
- Provided intelligence support and advice to senior leadership
Bachelor of Arts in International Studies, University of Washington | 2011- 2015
Human Intelligence Collector Resume with No Experience
Recent college graduate with a degree in Intelligence Analysis and a passion for working in the field of human intelligence collection. Possess excellent research, communication, and problem- solving skills, as well as the ability to think critically and use the data collected to develop innovative solutions.
- Critical Thinking
- Research and Investigation
- Data Analysis
- Problem- Solving
- Attention to Detail
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with sources
- Performing information gathering and research on intelligence- related topics
- Analyzing data and making intelligence- based recommendations
- Identifying, evaluating and exploiting sources of information
- Conducting interviews, surveillance and other intelligence operations
- Writing reports and presenting findings to supervisors and other stakeholders
Human Intelligence Collector Resume with 2 Years of Experience
Motivated and well- trained Human Intelligence Collector with 2 years of experience in the Intelligence field. Proven ability to develop intelligence sources, collect and analyze intelligence, and conduct debriefings. Skilled in working with a variety of personnel from different backgrounds and cultures. Possess a strong knowledge of intelligence gathering methods, techniques and processes.
- Source Development
- Intelligence Gathering
- Debriefing Interviews
- Analysis of Information
- Interpersonal Communication
- Cultural Awareness
- Knowledge of Intelligence Gathering Methods, Techniques and Processes
- Developed intelligence sources to gather information that is of importance to the intelligence community.
- Conducted interviews of intelligence sources, gathering information relevant to the mission.
- Analyzed collected information, determining its relevance and accuracy.
- Conducted debriefings of intelligence personnel, identifying any discrepancies in information.
- Compiled intelligence reports to document and present findings.
- Applied cultural understanding to successfully interact with individuals from different backgrounds.
- Established relationships with intelligence sources to gain more information.
- Updated supervisors on the status of intelligence gathering operations.
Human Intelligence Collector Resume with 5 Years of Experience
Experienced Human Intelligence Collector with five years of experience and a proven track record of success in the intelligence field. Experienced in gathering, analyzing, and reporting intelligence data through the use of both technical and interpersonal skills. Possess a working knowledge of intelligence collection and analysis systems, as well as intelligence gathering technologies. Skilled in utilizing intelligence collection methods and techniques. Possess strong communication and organizational skills, as well as the ability to work independently and with other professionals.
- Extensive knowledge of intelligence gathering technologies
- Experience in working with intelligence collection and analysis systems
- Ability to utilize intelligence collection methods and techniques
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Able to work independently and with other professionals
- Proficient in data analysis
- Detail- oriented and able to focus on goals
- Analyzing and interpreting intelligence data from various sources
- Developing strategies for effective intelligence gathering
- Collecting and reporting intelligence data
- Maintaining intelligence databases
- Conducting research for analysis purposes
- Identifying and verifying intelligence information
- Developing and maintaining relationships with sources
- Coordinating with other intelligence professionals to share data and resources
Human Intelligence Collector Resume with 7 Years of Experience
A competent and experienced Human Intelligence Collector with 7 years of experience in gathering intelligence information through a variety of sources, including open source intelligence and human source intelligence, while maintaining the highest integrity and confidentiality. Experienced in providing intelligence support services to the United States military. Skilled in using intelligence databases and software applications to catalog and analyze the collected data. Possesses strong research and investigative skills with the ability to work independently and in a team- based environment.
- Human Intelligence Collector
- Intelligence Gathering
- Open Source Intelligence
- Human Source Intelligence
- Intelligence Support Services
- Intelligence Databases
- Software Applications
- Research and Investigative Skills
- Gather intelligence information from multiple sources including open source and human source intelligence.
- Provide intelligence support services for the United States military.
- Utilize intelligence databases and software applications to catalog and analyze the collected data.
- Research and investigate individuals and organizations of interest to the United States military.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality and integrity in all intelligence related activities.
- Provide timely and detailed reports on intelligence activities.
- Provide assistance to other intelligence personnel in the field.
- Collaborate with other intelligence personnel on various projects.
Human Intelligence Collector Resume with 10 Years of Experience
A highly experienced Human Intelligence Collector with ten years of extensive experience in intelligence gathering and analysis, conducting investigations, and providing security and counterintelligence support. Possesses excellent knowledge of threat assessment, intelligence operations, and IT systems. Possesses the ability to conduct effective interviews and interrogations, identifying target opportunities, collecting and analyzing information. Has a proven ability to work with a diverse array of individuals, both domestic and international.
- Threat assessment
- Gathering and analyzing information
- Conducting investigations
- Intelligence operations
- Conducting interviews and interrogations
- Providing security and counterintelligence support
- IT systems
- Working with a diverse array of individuals
- Conducting intelligence- gathering operations to identify target opportunities and threats
- Collecting and analyzing information from both domestic and international sources
- Developing detailed assessments of current and emerging threats
- Providing reports and recommendations to senior management
- Developing and implementing countermeasures to reduce threats
- Conducting security and counterintelligence operations
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key agency personnel
- Developing and maintaining intelligence databases
- Identifying and tracking key persons of interest
- Conducting interviews and interrogations to gather intelligence
- Providing security and counterintelligence briefings to personnel
Human Intelligence Collector Resume with 15 Years of Experience
Experienced Human Intelligence Collector with 15 years of experience in the military intelligence field. Possess expertise in the areas of intelligence analysis, intelligence collection, and special operations. Highly skilled in gathering information and intelligence from numerous sources and in providing detailed reports on the same. Experienced in working in interagency environments, as well as with foreign military services. Proven ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with leadership and operational personnel in high stress scenarios.
- Knowledge of intelligence operations and intelligence collection techniques
- Ability to analyze and interpret intelligence data
- Capacity to effectively utilize various intelligence collection systems and technologies
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with personnel from multiple agencies
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software, including Outlook and Word
- Knowledge of security clearance procedures and policy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Collected and analyzed intelligence data, including human intelligence and signals intelligence
- Conducted special operations in hostile environments
- Worked closely with all levels of personnel to gather intelligence
- Prepared detailed intelligence reports and briefings
- Evaluated and processed data from various sources
- Developed, maintained and implemented security protocols
- Assisted in the training and instruction of personnel in intelligence collection techniques
What should be included in a Human Intelligence Collector resume?
Having a strong Human Intelligence Collector resume is key to finding a job in the intelligence field. Intelligence collectors are responsible for collecting, processing, and filing international data in order to protect national security. As such, a Human Intelligence Collector should include the following information on their resume to demonstrate their qualifications and experience.
- Work experience: Include any past or present intelligence-based job experience, such as data collection or analysis. Be sure to list specific tasks and accomplishments.
- Education: Include all relevant academic and professional qualifications, such as degrees, certificates, and training courses taken related to intelligence work.
- Key skills: List any skills that may be relevant to the intelligence field, such as foreign language proficiency, computer programming, and problem-solving abilities.
- Professional affiliations: List any professional organizations or associations relevant to the intelligence field, such as the Association of Intelligence Professionals or the Central Intelligence Agency.
- Security clearances: List any security clearances you may have and the level of access they provide.
- Professional references: Include references from any previous employers or intelligence-related positions.
By including all of the above elements on your resume, you can demonstrate that you have the skills and qualifications necessary to work as a Human Intelligence Collector. With a strong resume, you can make yourself a more appealing candidate to prospective employers.
What is a good summary for a Human Intelligence Collector resume?
A Human Intelligence Collector resume should provide a concise yet comprehensive summary of your skills, experience, and expertise in this field. It should showcase your deep understanding and expertise in collecting and analyzing human intelligence data. Additionally, it should highlight your ability to assess, analyze, and interpret complex data, as well as your extensive knowledge of various collection sources. Your resume should also demonstrate your ability to collaborate with various organizations, including government agencies, to ensure that accurate and useful intelligence data is collected. Finally, your resume should demonstrate your effective communication skills, allowing you to provide reports and briefings in a timely manner. Overall, a successful Human Intelligence Collector resume should accurately reflect your experience and expertise in this field, as well as your commitment to providing reliable and accurate intelligence data.
What is a good objective for a Human Intelligence Collector resume?
A Human Intelligence Collector (HIC) is someone who collects and analyzes information to help organizations solve difficult challenges. Writing a resume for this position requires a good objective statement to communicate your skills and accomplishments. Here are some objectives you can use in your HIC resume:
- To secure a challenging and rewarding Human Intelligence Collector position where I can utilize my interpersonal and analytical skills to develop successful intelligence operations for an organization.
- To apply my expertise in Human Intelligence Collection, analysis and reporting to help an organization achieve its mission goals.
- Seeking an opportunity to apply my knowledge of intelligence principles and practices to a Human Intelligence Collector role and help organizations make informed decisions.
- To contribute my knowledge and experience in Human Intelligence Collection to an organization and become an asset in achieving its desired objectives.
- To apply my data analysis, communication and problem solving skills in a Human Intelligence Collector position and make a positive impact on the organization.
- Seeking a Human Intelligence Collector position to combine my interpersonal, organizational and reporting skills to help the organization make informed decisions.
These are some of the objectives you can use in your HIC resume to help you stand out from the competition and land the job you want. Make sure to tailor your objective statement to the position and highlight your unique skills and qualifications. Good luck!
How do you list Human Intelligence Collector skills on a resume?
In the field of Human Intelligence (HUMINT) collection, a Human Intelligence Collector (HUMINT Collector) is responsible for collecting and analyzing information from human sources. A HUMINT Collector’s skills are highly sought after, making it important to list them accurately on your resume. Here is a list of skills and knowledge that hiring managers will be looking for:
- Experience in interviewing, interrogating and debriefing sources
- Knowledge of intelligence operations and HUMINT collection
- Proficient in managing and carrying out counterintelligence operations
- Expertise in collecting and analyzing information from human sources
- Ability to generate intelligence products
- Proficient in developing and leveraging sources
- Knowledge of intelligence operations and HUMINT collection
- Ability to prepare and present written and oral reports
- Ability to develop and maintain databases
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to conduct research on various topics
- Familiarity with security practices and procedures
What skills should I put on my resume for Human Intelligence Collector?
A Human Intelligence Collector (HUMINT) is an individual who works to collect and analyze valuable information from humans. As an HUMINT specialist, you will need to have many skills to be successful in this role. Here are some of the key skills to include on your resume:
- Interviewing: To effectively obtain information from humans, you must have interviewing skills. This includes the ability to properly formulate questions, actively listen to responses, probe for additional details, and interpret non-verbal cues.
- Analysis: As an HUMINT specialist, you will need to take the information collected and analyze it. This requires the ability to recognize patterns and draw conclusions based on the data.
- Language Ability: In many cases, HUMINT specialists have to communicate with people who do not speak the same language. To be successful, you must have proficiency in at least one foreign language.
- Management: HUMINT specialists often manage a team of people responsible for collecting information. This requires the ability to assign tasks, provide direction, and evaluate performance.
- Computer Knowledge: Many HUMINT specialists use computers to store and analyze the information collected. You must be proficient in using computers, which includes the ability to use Microsoft Office Suite and other software programs.
By including these skills on your resume, you can demonstrate to employers that you have the necessary qualifications to be a successful HUMINT specialist.
Key takeaways for an Human Intelligence Collector resume
Creating a successful resume as a Human Intelligence Collector (HIC) requires creative and strategic thinking on your part. When crafting your resume, you want to ensure that it captures the attention of potential employers and provides them with the right kind of information to gauge your qualifications. Here are the key takeaways to keep in mind when crafting a resume for an HIC position:
- Highlight Your Training and Certifications: As an HIC, your job requires a set of specialized skills and knowledge that potential employers need to know about. Be sure to include any training or certifications you’ve received in your resume, as this will demonstrate your commitment to the profession and your expertise.
- Emphasize Your Problem-Solving Abilities: As an HIC, you’ll be expected to take on complex tasks and solve difficult problems. Be sure to highlight any achievements you’ve had in the field that demonstrate your problem-solving abilities.
- Showcase Your Interpersonal Skills: Human intelligence collection requires a great degree of interactivity with both colleagues and potential sources. Be sure to showcase any achievements or experiences you’ve had that illustrate your interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate Your Adaptability: As an HIC, you’ll be expected to work in a variety of scenarios, often with little notice. To demonstrate your adaptability, be sure to include any examples in your resume where you’ve had to adjust to new or difficult situations quickly and efficiently.
- Showcase Your Language Skills: As an HIC, you’ll likely be required to communicate in multiple languages. Make sure to list any language skills you have in your resume, as this will give potential employers an idea of your versatility and ability to communicate effectively.
With these key takeaways in mind, you’ll be able to craft a resume that effectively captures the attention of potential employers and highlights
Let us help you build
Make your resume more organized and attractive with our Resume Builder