If you are a qualified optician seeking to create a resume you can be proud to submit when applying for roles, this guide is for you! Here, you will learn the basics of crafting a resume, including how to format and organize your content, what to include, and a few examples of resumes for opticians. By following this guide and taking into consideration the examples provided, you can create a professional resume that will help you stand out from the competition.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for, be sure to check out our complete library of resume examples.
Start building your dream career today!
Create your professional resume in just 5 minutes with our easy-to-use resume builder!
Optician Resume Examples
123 Main Street | Anytown, USA 99999 | Phone: (123) 456-7890 | Email: email@example.com
Highly organized and motivated Optician with 5 years of experience in providing excellent patient care and optical services. Thorough understanding of the optical industry and expertise in helping customers select frames, lenses and other optical products. Excellent communication and customer service skills. Ability to quickly adapt to changing environment and evolving technology in the optical industry.
- Experienced in providing excellent patient care
- Thorough understanding of the optical industry
- Expertise in helping customers select frames, lenses and other optical products
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing environment and evolving technology
- Proficient in basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office and optical software
ABC Optical, Dallas, TX
May 2016 – Present
- Assist with fitting and dispensing of eyewear
- Adapt to customer preferences and provide advice on eyewear selection
- Handle all customer inquiries and complaints in a professional manner
- Provide technical support to customers in selecting frames and lenses
- Perform preliminary testing and examine patient vision
- Process orders, maintain inventory and ensure accuracy of orders
- Ensure the highest standards of customer service
XYZ Optical, Miami, FL
January 2013 – April 2016
- Received, stocked and merchandised optical frames, lenses and accessories
- Performed basic optical examinations, including refraction and contact lens fitting
- Responded to customer inquiries and provided technical advice
- Developed strong relationships with customers to ensure customer loyalty
- Maintained accurate records of patient vision tests and orders
Bachelor of Science in Optometry
University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
2010 – 2013
Optician Resume with No Experience
Diligent and detail- oriented optician with a desire to learn and grow in the optical industry. Seeking a role to help customers in finding the appropriate eyewear for their needs.
- Excellent customer service
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of optical instruments
- Ability to handle difficult customers
- Ability to multi- task
- Greet customers and assist them with their eyewear needs
- Educate customers on the different options available
- Measure customers’ eyes to determine the correct prescription
- Assist customers in choosing frames and lenses that best suit their face shape and style
- Provide advice on lens designs and materials
- Adjust and fit eyewear to customers per instructions
- Explain aftercare instructions and answer customer questions
Optician Resume with 2 Years of Experience
Dynamic and highly trained Optician with two years of experience in retail optical stores. Possessing excellent interpersonal, communication and time management skills, as well as a professional attitude and the ability to interact with customers to ensure satisfaction. Proven ability to navigate complex patient insurance requirements and adept at troubleshooting technical problems.
- Patient- focused customer service
- Detailed knowledge of optical laws
- Proficiency in frame styling and fitting
- Prescription eyeglass fabrication
- In- depth knowledge of billing and insurance processes
- Strong organizational, problem- solving and communication skills
- Excellent time management and multi- tasking abilities
- Provided excellent customer service by answering customer inquiries in a timely and friendly manner
- Assisted customers in selecting frames and lenses that best meet their needs
- Performed a variety of tasks related to eyeglass fabrication such as grinding, edging, fitting, and assembly
- Verified prescriptions, took measurements and fitted customers with eyeglasses
- Advised customers on the optimal care and use of their eyeglasses and lenses
- Accurately processed customer payments and insurance claims
- Utilized computer systems to process orders, generate invoices and track shipments
- Worked with vendors and suppliers to ensure a high level of product selection and availability
Optician Resume with 5 Years of Experience
I am an experienced Optician with over 5 years of experience in the field of optometry. I have a great eye for detail and the ability to help my customers find the perfect eyewear for their needs. I have a strong knowledge of frame styles, lens types and helping customers determine which combination is best for them. I’m also knowledgeable in the field of contact lenses, and have experience in teaching customers how to handle them. I am highly organized and can provide excellent customer service.
- Expertise in the field of Optometry
- In- depth knowledge of frame styles and lens types
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Highly organized and reliable
- Knowledgeable in the field of contact lenses
- Assisting customers in selecting the right frames and lenses
- Fitting frames and lenses to client’s needs
- Instructing customers on how to use and care for contact lenses
- Dispensing eyewear and contact lenses
- Performing patient consultations
- Educating customers on eye health and safety
- Maintaining accurate patient records
- Troubleshooting eyewear issues
- Ensuring customer satisfaction.
Optician Resume with 7 Years of Experience
Highly experienced Optician with 7 years in the optical field. Skilled in customer service and sales, along with product knowledge and the ability to perform precise measurements. Proven track record of establishing strong customer relationships and increasing sales. Possess a passion for helping customers with their vision needs and providing them with the best quality of care.
- Optical measurements
- Customer service
- Strong communication skills
- Product knowledge
- Sales experience
- Eye health knowledge
- Computer- savvy
- Performing precise optical measurements
- Providing customer service, including fitting and adjusting frames
- Assisting customers in selecting frames, lenses and other eye wear
- Educating customers on product knowledge, lens options, frames, and other eye wear
- Contacting customers to follow up on orders and check satisfaction levels
- Creating work orders and entering customer information into the system
- Recommending vision correction options to customers
- Maintaining the store’s inventory and restocking product shelves
Optician Resume with 10 Years of Experience
Highly experienced optician with ten years of experience in the vision care industry. Proficient in providing comprehensive eye exams, dispensing eyeglasses and contact lenses, and customer service. In- depth knowledge of standard optometric techniques and the ability to interpret and explain eye care procedures and products. A customer- oriented attitude that puts patients at ease and encourages them to ask questions and make informed decisions regarding their vision care.
- Expertise in providing comprehensive eye exams
- Ability to dispense eyeglasses, contact lenses, and other vision care products
- Knowledge of standard optometric techniques and procedures
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organized
- Perform comprehensive eye exams, including refractions and other tests
- Provide patients with information regarding their vision care options
- Dispense eyeglasses, contact lenses, and other vision care products
- Process orders for eyeglasses and contact lenses
- Recommend specific brands and styles of eyewear
- Follow up with patients to ensure their satisfaction
- Maintain accurate records of patient visits, treatments, and eyewear purchases
Optician Resume with 15 Years of Experience
Highly experienced Optician with over 15 years of experience in the field. Skilled in all aspects of optometry, including fitting eyeglass frames, performing eye examinations, and providing customer service. Expert in maintaining accurate medical records and managing inventory. Proven ability to build customer relationships through excellent customer service. Dedicated to providing quality care, with a focus on patient satisfaction.
- Eye Examination
- Fitting Eyeglass Frames
- Customer Service
- Medical Record Maintenance
- Inventory Management
- Patient Care
- Customer Relationship Building
- Perform comprehensive eye examinations including testing visual acuity, determining corrective lenses and diagnosing eye conditions
- Explain test results to patients and recommend treatment options
- Provide patient education on topics such as contact lenses, eyeglass frames and contact lens care
- Prescribe, fit, and adjust eyeglass frames, lenses, and contact lenses
- Maintain accurate medical records, patient charts, and inventory
- Provide excellent customer service, build customer relationships, and ensure customer satisfaction
- Collaborate with other healthcare professionals to discuss patient care and treatment options
In addition to this, be sure to check out our resume templates, resume formats, cover letter examples, job description, and career advice pages for more helpful tips and advice.
What should be included in a Optician resume?
When applying for a job as an optician, it is important to create a resume that highlights the skills and experience that make you the ideal candidate for the position. Your resume should include the following key elements:
- Professional Summary: Start off your resume with a professional summary that briefly summarizes your career and highlights any qualifications or skills that make you uniquely qualified for the role.
- Education: Include your educational credentials, such as any degrees or certifications related to opticianry.
- Work Experience: List any experience you have in the opticianry field, including any relevant roles you had in retail, sales, and customer service. Be sure to detail the tasks that you were responsible for in each role.
- Soft Skills: Include a section that highlights your interpersonal skills, such as customer service, communication, organization, and problem-solving.
- Technical Skills: Make sure to list any technical optician skills, such as lens fitting, contact lens fitting, frame selection, and prescription verification.
- Licensure: Include any opticianry licenses or certifications that you possess.
- Additional Skills: If you have any additional skills that make you a great candidate, such as fluency in a foreign language, they can be listed here.
By including all of these elements in your optician resume, you can give yourself the best chance of being considered for the role.
What is a good summary for a Optician resume?
A good summary for an Optician resume should include the candidate’s experience with helping clients choose the best lenses and frames, their knowledge of eyewear trends, and their ability to explain different types of corrective lenses to customers. It should also emphasize the candidate’s commitment to delivering excellent customer service and their experience working with a variety of patients, from children to adults. Additionally, the summary should emphasize any special skills the candidate has, such as the ability to troubleshoot and repair eyeglasses, or their knowledge of the latest lens technology. Finally, the summary should highlight the candidate’s trustworthiness and professionalism as an optician.
What is a good objective for a Optician resume?
A job seekers objective on an Optician resume should reflect an individual’s specific experience and qualifications. A good objective should concisely express the desired experience and skill set.
Here are some examples of possible objectives for an Optician resume:
- To utilize my optician experience and knowledge of ophthalmic instruments to provide excellent customer service and patient care.
- To obtain an optician position that allows me to utilize my customer service and communication skills to ensure customer satisfaction.
- To secure a position as an optician that will allow me to use my knowledge of optical instruments and vision care to provide the highest quality of patient care.
- Seeking an optician position that utilizes my in-depth knowledge of contact lenses, spectacle lenses, and vision care.
- To use my experience in optical laboratory management to ensure quality assurance and customer satisfaction.
- To obtain an optician position that will allow me to utilize my knowledge of vision care and customer service to provide excellent patient care.
How do you list Optician skills on a resume?
When applying for an optician position, it is important to showcase your skills and experience on your resume to stand out from other candidates. This guide will help you to include optician skills on your resume.
- Technical Knowledge: Opticians must have excellent technical knowledge and be able to work with precision. Include any relevant certifications and post-secondary education related to opticianry.
- Customer Service: Opticians must be able to provide excellent customer service while they produce eyewear and assist customers. Showcase any customer service experience you may have from previous roles.
- Eye Health: Opticians are responsible for assessing and aiding in the maintenance of eye health. Include any experience you have in this area, for example, helping customers choose lenses and frames that are suitable for their eyes.
- Problem Solving: Eye problems can be complex and require innovative solutions. Highlight any experience you have working through challenging problems and finding solutions.
- Computer Skills: Many opticians use digital equipment and software programs to adjust and fit lenses and frames. Include any experience you have with computers and relevant software.
By including the above skills on your resume, you can demonstrate to employers that you are a qualified optician and the ideal candidate for the job.
What skills should I put on my resume for Optician?
Opticians are skilled professionals who assist clients with vision needs. When compiling your resume, it is important to highlight the skills that make you an ideal candidate for an optician position. Here are the top skills employers often look for when hiring an optician:
- Verifying patient’s eyeglass prescription and measurements
- Fitting eyeglasses and contact lenses
- Examining eyes and diagnosing vision problems
- Educating patients about proper lens wear and care
- Providing advice on eyeglass frames, lens styles, and colors
- Examining, cleaning, and repairing eyeglasses
- Handling customer inquiries and billing information
- Maintaining a clean and organized work station
- Staying up-to-date on the latest vision care trends
- Working with a team of medical professionals
- Utilizing industry-specific software
- Adhering to a strict code of patient confidentiality
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
Key takeaways for an Optician resume
Opticians play a very important role in the medical field by dispending glasses and contact lenses to patients. An Optician resume should highlight the individual’s experience, knowledge, and skills related to the field.
Below are key takeaways for creating an Optician resume that will make a lasting impression on a potential employer:
- Highlight your experience and qualifications. Include any certifications, licenses, and diplomas you have obtained. Also include your years of experience in the field, as well as any relevant volunteer work or internships you have completed.
- Demonstrate your knowledge of eye care techniques and products. Include any training you’ve received, such as optometric technology or optical management.
- Showcase your customer service and interpersonal skills. Opticians are often the first point of contact for patients, so employers will want to see that you have the right combination of interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Explain your experience with optical retail operations. Include any duties you’ve performed, such as taking frame orders, adjusting frames, and fitting lenses.
- Use specific language to describe your skills. List any specialized skills you have, such as knowledge of contact lenses or ability to interpret eyeglasses prescriptions.
By following these key takeaways when writing your Optician resume, you can ensure that employers will be impressed with your qualifications and experience in the field.
Let us help you build
Make your resume more organized and attractive with our Resume Builder