If you’re looking to land a job as a surveillance operator, it’s important to make sure you have a standout resume. This guide will provide you with tips and advice on how to write an effective surveillance operator resume, as well as examples of resumes for surveillance operators to get you started. With the right resume in hand, you’ll be well on your way to landing the job of your dreams.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for, be sure to check out our complete library of resume examples.
Start building your dream career today!
Create your professional resume in just 5 minutes with our easy-to-use resume builder!
Surveillance Operator Resume Examples
123 Main Street | Anytown, USA 99999 | Phone: (123) 456-7890 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Highly motivated and detail- oriented Surveillance Operator with 5 years of experience in the security field. Proven track record of monitoring and responding to security and safety situations in a timely manner. Experienced in conducting regular surveillance operations and preparing reports for security operations. Excellent communication, problem- solving and customer service skills.
- Surveillance and Monitoring
- Risk Assessments
- Incident Response
- Report Writing
- Problem- solving
- Customer Service
- Conflict Resolution
- Data Analysis
Surveillance Operator, ABC Security Group, 2016- Present
- Develop and implement surveillance operations plans.
- Monitor and respond to security and safety situations in a timely manner.
- Investigate security issues and provide feedback to the team.
- Generate detailed reports after conducting surveillance operations.
- Ensure compliance with security protocols.
- Utilize CCTV to monitor and detect suspicious activity.
Surveillance Officer, XYZ Security, 2014- 2016
- Conducted regular surveillance operations and prepared reports for security operations.
- Monitored facilities for suspicious activity and notified senior staff.
- Investigated security incidents and provided feedback to the team.
- Improved surveillance methods and strategies and provided training to new staff members.
Bachelor of Science in Security and Surveillance, ABC University, 2014
Surveillance Operator Resume with No Experience
Recent college graduate with excellent customer service and problem- solving skills. Experienced in using a variety of software applications, including Microsoft Office. Looking to leverage my knowledge and skills as a Surveillance Operator.
- Strong problem- solving skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Able to communicate effectively
- Organized and detail- oriented
- Able to work in a fast- paced environment
- Monitor video surveillance and security systems
- Identify and report any suspicious activities or persons
- Investigate and document all security related incidents
- Ensure the safety and protection of all personnel, property, and assets
- Maintain accurate records and logs of all occurrences
- Respond to alarms, assess threats, and take appropriate action
- Provide customer service to guests, employees, and visitors
Surveillance Operator Resume with 2 Years of Experience
A highly motivated and professional Surveillance Operator with 2 years of experience in the security industry. Experienced in monitoring security systems, CCTV, and other surveillance equipment. Possesses great interpersonal skills, a keen eye for detail, and the ability to assess and analyze data and information to identify potential risks. Capable of maintaining a safe environment by adhering to company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Proficient in CCTV monitoring
- Knowledge of security protocols and regulations
- Excellent surveillance and observation skills
- Strong analytical and problem- solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organizational and time- management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Conduct surveillance and observe premises to ensure safety and security of personnel and assets
- Review and monitor security systems such as CCTV footage and alarms
- Identify suspicious activities and report them to the relevant authorities
- Investigate and document incidents in detailed reports
- Maintain records of surveillance activities
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations and company policies
- Respond to emergencies and provide assistance when required
Surveillance Operator Resume with 5 Years of Experience
I am an experienced Surveillance Operator with 5+ years of experience in the security industry. I have a comprehensive understanding of CCTV surveillance operations and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks. My experience includes monitoring different types of security systems such as CCTV cameras and alarm systems, as well as responding to alarms and providing assistance to security personnel. I have strong communication skills and the ability to work efficiently with limited supervision.
- Excellent knowledge of CCTV and video surveillance systems
- Highly skilled in responding to alarms and providing assistance to security personnel
- Proficient in the use of various computer software applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks efficiently
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Monitoring security systems including CCTV cameras and alarm systems
- Identifying potential security threats and responding to alarms
- Investigating suspicious activities and people
- Writing detailed reports of security incidents
- Providing assistance to security personnel in the event of an emergency
- Performing regular maintenance and upkeep of CCTV systems
- Maintaining accurate records of all security system activities
Surveillance Operator Resume with 7 Years of Experience
A highly experienced Surveillance Operator with 7+ years of experience in security operations and management. Proven success in effectively monitoring and responding to security- related incidents. Skilled in utilizing the latest technologies and equipment in collecting and analyzing security data and implementing security strategies. Possesses an expert knowledge of surveillance hardware and software and the ability to manage a team of security personnel.
- On- site Surveillance
- Security Software & Systems
- CCTV & Alarm Systems
- Team Leadership
- Problem Solving & Analysis
- Incident & Risk Management
- Report Writing
- Operate surveillance equipment to monitor activities within a facility
- Review and analyze security reports to identify any potential security issues
- Train and supervise a team of security personnel
- Monitor and respond to any security incidents as they arise
- Develop and implement security strategies and procedures
- Maintain and update all security records and documentation
- Test and diagnose security systems and equipment regularly
- Investigate any suspicious activities and follow- up with the relevant authorities
- Monitor the CCTV systems and surveillance feeds for any suspicious activities
Surveillance Operator Resume with 10 Years of Experience
Highly experienced Surveillance Operator with over 10 years of experience in monitoring, detecting, and recording suspicious activities or events. Possess strong critical thinking and problem- solving skills and proven ability to remain calm and collected under pressure. Skilled in the implementation of surveillance systems and procedures, as well as the proper use of surveillance equipment.
- Proficient in the use of surveillance equipment
- Ability to recognize suspicious behaviors
- Efficient communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong observational and analytical skills
- Excellent organization and problem- solving skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Monitor and observe activities on- site or through surveillance cameras
- Identify and report any suspicious activities or objects
- Record activities occurring on- site or through surveillance cameras
- Coordinate with other personnel on surveillance operations
- Inspect and maintain surveillance equipment
- Analyze data gathered through surveillance efforts
- Stay up to date with new surveillance technology
Surveillance Operator Resume with 15 Years of Experience
Results- driven Surveillance Operator with 15 years of experience in the surveillance field. Proven track record of success in managing multiple surveillance projects simultaneously, and overseeing security and safety protocol to ensure operational excellence. Excellent problem- solving skills with the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy, attentiveness and focus while monitoring security cameras. Knowledgeable in the latest surveillance systems and protocols, and dedication to providing excellent customer service.
- Surveillance System Operation
- CCTV Monitoring
- Security Protocol
- Problem- Solving
- Attention to Detail
- Report Writing
- Conflict Resolution
- Customer Service
- Operate surveillance systems to ensure the safety and security of personnel and property.
- Monitor and review camera feeds and respond to security breaches in a timely manner.
- Remain vigilant and attentive to detail while conducting surveillance.
- File accurate reports documenting surveillance activities.
- Maintain a high level of customer service to build relationships with clients.
- Respond to emergency situations promptly and assess potential threats.
- Ensure all surveillance systems are functioning properly and promptly notify supervisor of any malfunctions.
- Investigate suspicious activities and comply with the standards and regulations of the organization.
In addition to this, be sure to check out our resume templates, resume formats, cover letter examples, job description, and career advice pages for more helpful tips and advice.
What should be included in a Surveillance Operator resume?
Creating a professional resume is an important step in landing a job as a Surveillance Operator. A resume should detail your qualifications, experience, and skills in a succinct format. To maximize your chances of success, there are several key elements to include on your Surveillance Operator resume.
Here are the elements you should include on your Surveillance Operator resume:
- Professional Summary: Start your resume off with a brief, but compelling, summary of your qualifications and experience. This should be no more than a few sentences that give a prospective employer an overview of your background.
- Education & Certifications: Include your highest degree or diploma, and any relevant certifications or licenses you hold.
- Work Experience: Demonstrate your hands-on experience in the field by detailing your past positions as a Surveillance Operator and any other relevant experience. Include the job title, duties and accomplishments, and the dates of employment.
- Technical Skills: Highlight your video surveillance, computer monitoring, and other technical skills.
- Soft Skills: List any applicable soft skills that are needed to perform the job. This can include communication, attention to detail, problem-solving, and multitasking ability.
- Achievements: Include any awards, honors, or accolades you have received related to your work as a Surveillance Operator.
- Professional References: Provide a few professional references who can vouch for your skills and experience.
By including these elements, you can create a resume that will attract the attention of prospective employers and show them why you are the ideal Surveillance Operator for the job.
What is a good summary for a Surveillance Operator resume?
When applying for a job as a Surveillance Operator, you want to make sure that your resume is a clear, concise summary of your education, experience, and knowledge in the sector. Your resume should highlight your comprehensive understanding of security protocols, your experience in monitoring surveillance systems, and the range of skills you possess that make you a qualified candidate for the role. Additionally, you should make sure to emphasize any relevant certifications or qualifications that you have, as well as any knowledge or experience in areas such as data analysis or report writing. Finally, you should make sure to include key words that are relevant to the job description to make it easier for employers to find your resume during their search. Writing a good summary for a Surveillance Operator resume helps you to demonstrate that you are the perfect candidate for the position.
What is a good objective for a Surveillance Operator resume?
Writing an effective objective statement is one of the most important parts of creating a successful Surveillance Operator resume. A good objective statement should clearly articulate your qualifications, skills, and experiences that make you a suitable candidate for the role. Here are some tips to help you create a winning objective statement:
- Highlight your experience: Make sure to include any relevant experience you have working in surveillance operations. Emphasize any specialized roles or positions you’ve held in the past that would be beneficial to the position you’re applying for.
- Emphasize your technical skills: Surveillance Operator roles require a set of technical abilities, such as being able to identify potential threats and being able to interpret video data. Make sure to include any relevant technical skills that you possess in your objective statement.
- Stress your attention to detail: Surveillance Operators need to be detail-oriented to alert security teams in the event of a breach or suspicious activity. Make sure to include your attention to detail in your objective statement.
A good objective statement for a Surveillance Operator resume could be: “Highly experienced Surveillance Operator with 8+ years of experience in monitoring premises and preventative security measures. Possessing strong technical skills and a keen eye for detail, I am well-equipped to identify potential threats and interpret video data.”
How do you list Surveillance Operator skills on a resume?
Surveillance Operators are professionals responsible for monitoring video and audio surveillance systems in order to detect and prevent criminal activities. They need to possess a range of technical and interpersonal skills in order to excel in their job.
When listing Surveillance Operator skills on a resume, it is important to include both technical and interpersonal abilities. The following list includes some of the skills needed for this role:
- Professionalism: Surveillance Operators must have a professional attitude and be able to maintain confidentiality when handling sensitive information.
- Surveillance System Knowledge: Surveillance Operators need to have a good understanding of surveillance systems and their components, such as cameras, monitors, and recording devices.
- Attention to Detail: Surveillance Operators need to be able to pay close attention to the details in order to detect suspicious activity.
- Communication: Surveillance Operators need to be able to communicate effectively with other members of the security team and law enforcement.
- Problem-Solving: Surveillance Operators have to be able to think on their feet and solve problems quickly.
- Report Writing: Surveillance Operators need to be able to write concise, accurate reports about the surveillance activities they observe.
By including these skills on a resume, job seekers can demonstrate to potential employers that they possess the knowledge and abilities necessary to successfully perform the role of a Surveillance Operator.
What skills should I put on my resume for Surveillance Operator?
Surveillance operators need to possess a number of skills in order to be successful in their roles. In order to demonstrate that you have these skills, you should make sure to include them on your resume. Here are some of the most important skills to list on your resume if you are applying for a position as a surveillance operator:
- Attention to Detail: Surveillance operators need to be able to pay attention to even the smallest details in order to be successful. Demonstrate your ability to pay attention to detail by describing any prior jobs or experiences that required you to be detail-oriented.
- Decision Making: Surveillance operators must be able to make quick decisions in sometimes uncertain situations. Showing that you have the ability to make decisions quickly and accurately is essential. List any prior jobs or experiences that required you to make decisions quickly and accurately.
- Communication: Surveillance operators must be able to communicate effectively with their colleagues, supervisors, and other members of the team. Demonstrate your communication skills by listing any experience or training in communication you may have had.
- Technical Skills: Surveillance operators need to be familiar with a variety of technical equipment in order to perform their job duties. List any technical training or experience you may have had.
- Problem-Solving: Surveillance operators need to be able to identify and solve problems quickly and efficiently. Describe any experience you may have had with problem-solving, such as troubleshooting technical issues.
By including these skills on your resume, you can demonstrate that you have the necessary skills to be a successful surveillance operator. Make sure to provide details on your experience and training with each skill to give potential employers a better sense of your abilities.
Key takeaways for an Surveillance Operator resume
Are you looking to stand out from the competition and land the position of your dreams as a Surveillance Operator? A well-crafted resume is the key to success and it’s important to make sure you highlight your skills and experience in the best way possible. Here are some key takeaways for creating an effective Surveillance Operator resume:
- Highlight Relevant Experience: Make sure to emphasize any relevant experience you have as a Surveillance Operator, such as any past surveillance work you’ve done or any security-related certifications.
- Demonstrate Attention to Detail: Surveillance Operators need to pay close attention to detail in order to detect any suspicious activity. Make sure to emphasize your strengths in this area.
- Demonstrate Technical Proficiency: Surveillance Operators need to be proficient with a variety of technical tools, such as cameras, alarms, and communication systems. Be sure to list any technical skills you have in your resume.
- List Related Skills: Surveillance Operators need to have strong communication and problem-solving skills. Make sure to list any related skills you have that may be beneficial in this role.
- Be Brief: Keep your resume concise and to the point. You don’t want to overload the reader with too much information.
By following these key takeaways for creating an effective Surveillance Operator resume, you can be sure to stand out from the competition and land the job of your dreams. Good luck!
Let us help you build
Make your resume more organized and attractive with our Resume Builder