Are you a styling consultant looking to update your resume but not sure where to start? Writing a professional resume can be a daunting task, but it doesn’t have to be. With the right tips and tricks, you can create a resume that will help you stand out as a styling consultant and get you to the top of the list for job interviews. In this resume writing guide, we’ll take a look at what makes a great styling consultant resume and provide examples of successful resumes to help get you started.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for, be sure to check out our complete library of resume examples.
Start building your dream career today!
Create your professional resume in just 5 minutes with our easy-to-use resume builder!
Styling Consultant Resume Examples
123 Main Street | Anytown, USA 99999 | Phone: (123) 456-7890 | Email: email@example.com
Enthusiastic and detail- oriented Styling Consultant with 5+ years of experience in styling, makeup, and fashion. Possesses excellent communication and organizational skills, strong fashion sense, and a knack for building relationships with clients. Experienced in working with a variety of clients and creating unique, eye- catching looks.
- Proficient in styling, makeup, and fashion
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong fashion sense
- Comprehensive knowledge of current trends and styles
- Creative and resourceful
- Ability to create unique, eye- catching looks
- Styling Consultant, XYZ Fashion House, New York, NY
- Provide styling services to a variety of clients
- Create unique, eye- catching looks to match the client’s needs
- Keep up to date with current trends and styles
- Develop relationships with clients and ensure satisfaction
- Work with vendors to source products and materials
- Organize and manage inventory
Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Fashion Styling and Makeup, ABC University, New York, NY, 2017
Styling Consultant Resume with No Experience
Recent college graduate looking to start a career in Styling Consultant. I am an enthusiastic individual with a passion for fashion and have excellent communication skills, enabling me to effectively interact with clients. My goal is to help clients look and feel their best.
- Detailed knowledge of the fashion industry
- Knowledge of styling trends and techniques
- Passion for helping clients look their best
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate with clients
- Aptitude for staying up- to- date with fashion trends
- Assess customer’s needs and preferences in order to recommend suitable wardrobe choices
- Assist clients in finding the best fit for their body shape
- Suggest clothing and accessories to enhance clients’ looks
- Develop and implement strategies to promote styling services
- Create looks that are both stylish and appropriate for client’s lifestyle
- Facilitate the selection of garments and accessories to meet customer’s needs
- Provide tailored styling advice to clients
- Utilize customer feedback to continuously improve styling services
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the fashion industry and current trends
Styling Consultant Resume with 2 Years of Experience
A reliable and competent Styling Consultant with 2 years of experience in delivering customer service and styling advice to individuals. Possessing extensive knowledge in the fashion industry and the ability to assess personal fashion needs and combine them with current trends. Experience in providing advice on styling and color coordination and helping customers find the perfect look. A great communicator and problem solver with a passion for customer service and fashion.
- Outstanding knowledge of the current fashion trends and colors
- Capability to assess customer needs and suggest the right outfit
- Strong understanding of styling and color coordination
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to problem solve and offer tailored solutions
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities
- Providing advice and styling services to customers
- Assisting customers to find the perfect look
- Keeping up with the latest fashion trends
- Advising customers on the best color combinations
- Assisting customers with the selection of apparel and accessories
- Providing information and advice on current fashion trends
- Processing customer orders and maintaining customer records
- Creating displays and organizing merchandise to attract customers
Styling Consultant Resume with 5 Years of Experience
A highly experienced and motivated styling consultant with five years of experience in the fashion and styling industry. Possessing strong knowledge of the current fashion trends and a keen eye for detail. Experienced in producing creative and eye- catching visuals for promotional campaigns and styling photoshoots. Dedicated to providing excellent customer service and achieving exceptional results.
- Creative Visuals
- Fashion Trends
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Customer Service
- Designing and creating innovative styling concepts for photoshoots and campaigns
- Educating customers on the latest fashion trends and providing styling advice
- Maintaining and merchandising the styling studio
- Developing and recommending new products and services
- Working closely with the marketing and sales teams to create visuals and promotional material
- Developing relationships with clients, fashion photographers, and other professionals in the industry
Styling Consultant Resume with 7 Years of Experience
A highly experienced, professional and detail oriented Styling Consultant with 7 years of experience in providing styling services to customers. Possessing knowledge of the latest fashion trends and looks, able to advise clients on the latest styles and colors for their body types and desires. A reliable and committed individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships with clients.
- Excellent customer service
- Strong fashion knowledge
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build long- term relationships with clients
- Sales and marketing experience
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Good eye for detail
- Advise clients on the latest fashion trends and looks
- Identify customer needs and suggest the best options
- Provide styling services to customers
- Develop and implement marketing strategies
- Ensure customer satisfaction by providing excellent after- sales service
- Maintain a current understanding of the latest fashion trends
- Assist in organizing fashion shows and other events
- Maintain client databases and records
Styling Consultant Resume with 10 Years of Experience
A highly experienced and skilled Styling Consultant with over 10 years of experience in the design and styling industry. Thrive on working with clients to create and deliver innovative, fashion- forward styling solutions. Skilled at utilizing an array of techniques and digital tools to create unique designs, products and services that meet the needs and individual style of the client. Great knowledge in the fashion industry and ability to stay up to date with current trends and innovative techniques.
- Client consultation and styling
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and creative problem- solving
- Design and illustration
- Knowledge of current trends and fashion industry
- Aesthetic and color sense
- Adaptability to customer needs
- Meeting clients to discuss styling requirements
- Consulting with clients to understand their individual style needs and preferences
- Creating mood boards and designs according to the client’s specifications
- Researching current trends in fashion and styling to ensure clients are staying ahead of the curve
- Creating visual displays and styling products for clients
- Working with vendors to source materials and products
- Ensuring all styling projects are completed in a timely manner and to the highest standard
Styling Consultant Resume with 15 Years of Experience
Highly experienced styling consultant with over 15 years of experience in the fashion and beauty industry. I have extensive knowledge in fashion and beauty trends and styles, and am able to advise clients on the best looks for their unique body type and personality. I have excellent communication and customer service skills, and am able to build strong relationships with clients and store associates. My expertise lies in wardrobe styling, personal shopping, color analysis, and beauty advice.
- Wardrobe styling
- Personal shopping
- Customer service
- Color analysis
- Beauty advice
- Expertise in fashion and beauty trends
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Provide styling advice to clients, based on their individual needs
- Understand fashion and beauty trends, and offer advice on the best looks
- Assist clients in selecting the right pieces for their wardrobe
- Organize and manage personal shopping sessions
- Provide color analysis to help clients determine the best colors to wear
- Provide beauty advice on how to best apply make- up and select hair styles
- Create strong relationships with clients and store associates
- Work with clients to develop their personal style and image
In addition to this, be sure to check out our resume templates, resume formats, cover letter examples, job description, and career advice pages for more helpful tips and advice.
What should be included in a Styling Consultant resume?
When writing a resume as a Styling Consultant, it is important to highlight the knowledge and skills that are specific to this type of job. Here are some of the components that should be included in a Styling Consultant resume:
- Education: List any relevant degrees, certificates, or other training related to the styling industry.
- Experience: Include any previous work experience, with a focus on styling-related roles. Be sure to mention the company you worked for, the length of employment, and the primary duties you performed.
- Skills: Provide an overview of the core competencies that make you a great Styling Consultant. These may include things like fashion knowledge, styling and design skills, customer service, and visual merchandising.
- Portfolio: Include a link to your portfolio, where potential employers can view some of your previous work.
- References: List at least three references that potential employers can contact about your work.
Being a Styling Consultant requires a unique set of skills and experiences. Make sure to highlight these in your resume so that potential employers can get a better idea of your capabilities.
What is a good summary for a Styling Consultant resume?
A styling consultant is responsible for helping clients discover their own unique style, while simultaneously helping them to express that style through clothing, hairstyles, makeup, and accessories. As a styling consultant, your resume should be a concise summary of your professional experience, highlighting your skills and accomplishments in the styling industry.
Your resume should begin by highlighting your educational qualifications, certifications, and professional experience. Include any relevant experience in the styling industry, such as styling for fashion shows, assisting with wardrobe for photoshoots, working with fashion designers, and anything else that showcases your expertise in the styling field.
Next, you should list any skills you have that are related to styling, such as fashion trends, color theory, fabric selection, and more. Additionally, include any awards, achievements, or other qualifications you may have earned in the styling industry.
Finally, list any other related experience that may be relevant to the styling field, such as retail, customer service, and sales. This will demonstrate your ability to apply your knowledge and skills outside of a styling context.
By following these steps, you’ll create a comprehensive yet concise summary of your experience in the styling industry that will help you stand out from other applicants.
What is a good objective for a Styling Consultant resume?
The styling industry is rapidly growing, and the demand for experienced professionals is increasing. If you are a styling consultant looking for a new job, you will need to have an objective statement that stands out from the competition. A good objective for a styling consultant resume should focus on your experience, skills, and accomplishments that make you the ideal candidate for the job. Here are a few tips for creating a compelling objective for a styling consultant resume:
- Highlight your experience in the fashion and styling industry, highlighting any awards and recognition you have received.
- Showcase your creativity and technical knowledge with examples of special projects or styling jobs you have completed.
- Demonstrate your ability to work with clients and provide them with superior customer service.
- Emphasize your communication skills, including your ability to present ideas and recommendations to clients.
- Mention any relevant certifications or educational qualifications that you have, such as a degree in fashion design or styling.
- Detail any special skills or talents that set you apart from other applicants, such as a strong understanding of color theory or an ability to stay organized in a fast-paced environment.
By following these tips, you can create a strong objective statement that will help you stand out in the competitive styling industry. Be sure to highlight your experience and strengths, and you can create a statement that grabs the attention of potential employers.
How do you list Styling Consultant skills on a resume?
When it comes to creating a great resume, listing your skills is essential. As a Styling Consultant, you have a unique set of skills that could be the key to getting you the job. Here are some tips on how to list your Styling Consultant skills on your resume:
- Have a Strong Summary: A great way to showcase your Styling Consultant skills on your resume is by having a strong summary. This section should outline your experience in styling and highlight the skills that you bring to the job.
- Highlight Your Technical Skills: While it is important to showcase your technical skills such as fashion design, color theory, and photography, it is also important to highlight some of your other skills such as communication, customer service, and problem-solving.
- Showcase Your Creativity: As a Styling Consultant, your ability to create innovative looks is essential. Showcase your creativity through past projects and highlight the skills you used to create them.
- Demonstrate Your Knowledge: Showcase your knowledge of the fashion industry by outlining your experience in the field. Mention any industry-related classes you’ve taken, seminars you’ve attended, or industry-specific certifications you have received.
Following these tips can help you create a stellar resume that showcases your Styling Consultant skills. With the right skills, you can be sure to stand out from the pack and land the job you desire.
What skills should I put on my resume for Styling Consultant?
A Styling Consultant is an expert in fashion styling and wardrobe consultation. Their job is to help clients create a personal style that reflects their lifestyle, personality, and body shape. If you are applying for a job as a Styling Consultant, here are some of the skills you should include on your resume:
- Knowledge of the fashion industry: It is important to have an up-to-date knowledge of the fashion industry and the latest trends. You should be able to identify and recommend fashion trends that are suitable for your clients.
- Excellent communication skills: You need to be able to communicate effectively with your clients in order to understand their needs, preferences, and personal style.
- Analytical skills: Being a Styling Consultant requires the ability to observe and analyze a client’s body shape, lifestyle, and personality in order to recommend the best clothing options.
- Creativity: You should also have the ability to think outside of the box and create unique and stylish looks for your clients.
- Organization: Styling Consultants must be able to organize and manage their time in order to meet deadlines and provide excellent service to their clients.
- Computer skills: Proficiency in computer programs such as Photoshop and Illustrator is a must for any Styling Consultant.
By demonstrating these key skills on your resume, you will show potential employers that you have what it takes to excel as a Styling Consultant.
Key takeaways for an Styling Consultant resume
When you are seeking a career as a styling consultant, having a well-crafted resume can be the difference between landing the job or being passed over. To make sure your resume stands out, there are some key takeaways to remember.
First, make sure to include any relevant experience you may have. Even if you don’t have any past styling consultant jobs, you can include experiences in fashion, retail, and photography that could help demonstrate your skills. Be sure to highlight your knowledge of the latest trends and current fashion styles.
Second, emphasize your creativity. As a styling consultant, you need to be able to come up with stylish and innovative looks for your clients. Demonstrate your eye for style and showcase your ability to create unique looks by including examples of your work in your resume.
Third, emphasize your communication skills. Good communication is essential for all successful styling consultants. Make sure to highlight your ability to listen to a client’s needs, provide feedback, and negotiate to create the best possible outcome.
Finally, make sure to include any certifications or fashion-related qualifications you may have. Certification can demonstrate to employers that you have the necessary knowledge and skills to be successful in the job.
By following these key takeaways, you can make sure your styling consultant resume stands out and increases your chances of being hired. Good luck!
Let us help you build
Make your resume more organized and attractive with our Resume Builder