Are you looking for a job as a CG Artist? Then you know that having a top-notch resume is essential for standing out from the competition. A resume for a CG Artist should include a detailed summary of your experience and skills and highlight your artistic capabilities. As you prepare your CG Artist resume, it’s important to make sure that you’re showing off your qualifications in the best way possible. To help you get started, this guide will provide an overview of what you should include and provide examples of CG Artist resumes that you can use as models.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for, be sure to check out our complete library of resume examples.
Start building your dream career today!
Create your professional resume in just 5 minutes with our easy-to-use resume builder!
CG Artist Resume Examples
123 Main Street | Anytown, USA 99999 | Phone: (123) 456-7890 | Email: email@example.com
I am an experienced CG Artist with a passion for creating high- quality 3D models, creatures, and environments for a wide range of projects. My expertise lies in the use of Autodesk Maya, Adobe After Effects, and the Unreal Engine 4, enabling me to create stunning visuals for both cinematic and gaming projects. I am confident in my ability to provide timely and accurate deliverables, making me an asset to any team.
- Autodesk Maya
- Adobe After Effects
- Unreal Engine 4
- 3D Modeling
- Creature Design
- Environment Design
- Senior CG Artist at Sci- Fi Studios (2015- Present)
- Developed high- quality 3D models and creatures for a variety of cinematic and gaming projects
- Created environment and texture designs for a range of projects
- Utilized Maya, After Effects, and the Unreal Engine 4 to render visuals for projects
- Collaborated with a team of CGI artists to ensure timely deliverables
- CG Artist at Fantasy FX (2012- 2015)
- Developed 3D models for feature films and games
- Created creatures and environments for project visuals
- Utilized After Effects and the Unreal Engine 4 to produce stunning visuals
- Assisted with texturing and lighting for projects
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in 3D Animation, University of California, Los Angeles (2009- 2012)
- Associate of Arts in Computer Animation, Santa Monica College (2007- 2009)
CG Artist Resume with No Experience
Recent art school graduate looking to make an impactful entry into the CG artist industry. Experienced in creative visualization, design, and art direction. Highly motivated and eager to apply my skills and knowledge in a professional setting.
- Excellent creative vision and attention to detail
- Highly skilled in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Proficient in 3D modeling and animation software
- Familiarity with web design and coding
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Developing original artwork for various multimedia projects
- Creating concept art for character designs, environments, and props
- Participating in brainstorming sessions to generate ideas for innovative projects
- Assisting with the development of storyboards, scripts, and other related artwork
- Collaborating with other CG artists to ensure project deadlines are met
- Troubleshooting technical issues related to software and hardware
CG Artist Resume with 2 Years of Experience
A highly motivated and creative CG Artist with over 2 years of professional experience in the fields of 3D modeling, animation and rendering. Possesses strong technical, artistic and creative abilities and an exceptional eye for detail. Possesses a knack for working collaboratively with design and production teams in order to create original and imaginative content for various projects.
- 3D modeling
- Character animation
- Concept development
- Developed 3D models for characters and environments, applying anatomical, mechanical and technical principles
- Created character animations using advanced software such as Maya and CINEMA 4D
- Developed rigging systems for character models, using advanced techniques and tools such as IK/FK, body and facial rigging
- Developed textures for characters and environments, using various techniques and tools such as Photoshop, ZBrush and Mudbox
- Created lighting setups for characters and environments, using various techniques and tools such as Mental Ray, VRay and Arnold
- Rendered images and videos from 3D scenes, using various software such as Maya and 3ds Max
- Developed concepts for characters and environments, using various techniques and tools
- Composed and edited 3D scenes, using various techniques and tools such as After Effects and Nuke
CG Artist Resume with 5 Years of Experience
Highly experienced and creative CG Artist with 5 years of professional experience in the CG arts. Possesses a comprehensive understanding of the principles and techniques of creating stunning, life- like digital illustrations, 3D models, animations, and visual effects. Proven ability to work closely with clients, directors, and producers to create high- quality visuals that meet their requirements. Skilled in all stages of production from concept to completion.
- 3D Modeling
- Visual Effects
- Developed 2D and 3D illustrations, models, animations, and visual effects for a variety of projects.
- Created 3D character designs, animation rigs, and motion capture data for real- time applications.
- Applied textures, lighting, and other effects to create photorealistic imagery.
- Worked closely with directors and producers to ensure the creative vision was being met.
- Developed user interfaces and other interactive components.
- Utilized scripting and programming to automate processes and optimize workflow.
- Assisted in the design, troubleshooting, and support of hardware and software.
- Provided technical support to other members of the CG production team.
CG Artist Resume with 7 Years of Experience
CG Artist with 7 years of experience, specializing in developing high- quality 3D visuals and animations. Experienced in creating photo- realistic textures, materials and shaders, as well as light and render scenes. Experienced in using professional 3D software and tools like Autodesk Maya and Adobe Photoshop. Motivated and creative, capable of working independently and collaboratively in a team setting to finish projects in a timely manner.
- 3D Modeling
- Lighting and Rendering
- Motion Graphics
- Digital Painting
- Creating and developing complex 3D models and characters
- Designing and creating textures, materials, shaders and normal maps
- Setting up and managing 3D scenes, including lighting, camera and rendering
- Animating 3D models and characters
- Producing high- quality motion graphics and compositing
- Creating digital paintings for concept art
- Troubleshooting any technical issues related to 3D software and tools
CG Artist Resume with 10 Years of Experience
Highly experienced CG Artist with 10 years of experience in creating exceptional 3D and animation content for a variety of projects. Skilled in leading teams in the development of 3D models, textures, cameras, and sets. Able to blend creativity with technical skills to create smooth and realistic 3D animation. Experienced in using the latest software and technologies to generate top- notch visuals. Passionate about creating content that engages viewers and leaves a lasting impression.
- 3D Modeling
- 3D Animation
- Set Design
- Camera Tracking
- Motion Graphics
- Video Editing
- Software Development
- Design and create 3D models, textures, and sets for various projects
- Work with the team in the development of 3D animation content
- Utilize the latest software and technologies to generate top- notch visuals
- Create motion graphics and video edits for projects
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure the quality and accuracy of deliverables
- Provide guidance and support to team members
- Troubleshoot and resolve any technical issues encountered during the production process
- Ensure deliverables are completed within the allotted timeframe
CG Artist Resume with 15 Years of Experience
Highly experienced and talented CG Artist with 15 years of experience in creating photorealistic 3D models and renderings for use in films, television and video games. Experienced in the use of industry standard software packages such as Maya, 3DS Max, Photoshop and Illustrator. Proven ability to use a range of computer graphics tools to create digital models, textures and environments for both film and video game projects. Highly organized with excellent communication and problem- solving skills.
- Autodesk Maya
- Autodesk 3DS Max
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Substance Painter
- After Effects
- Film Editing
- Motion Graphics
- Develop 3D models, textures and environments for films, television and video games
- Utilize computer graphics tools to create photorealistic renderings
- Develop storyboards and design concepts for films and video games
- Create 3D assets and lighting environments
- Animate objects and characters for use in films and video games
- Design graphics and user interfaces for video games
- Integrate 2D and 3D elements into films and video games
- Render and composite digital footage for films and video games
- Develop visual effects for films and video games
- Create motion graphics for films and video games
- Collaborate with producers, writers and directors to ensure digital assets conform to production requirements
In addition to this, be sure to check out our resume templates, resume formats, cover letter examples, job description, and career advice pages for more helpful tips and advice.
What should be included in a CG Artist resume?
As a CG Artist, your resume should effectively communicate your skills and experience to potential employers. When creating your resume, it is important to emphasize key elements such as software proficiency, experience, artistry, and attention to detail.
Here is what should be included in a CG Artist resume:
-Software Proficiencies: List all of the software programs you are proficient in and have used in your projects.
-Education: Include any formal education related to animation, including degree, school, and year of graduation.
-Experience: Detail any work experience related to CG Artistry, including company name, job title, and years of employment.
-Projects: List any CG projects you have completed, including title, format, and year of completion.
-Artistry: Include any awards you have won, exhibitions or festivals you have been a part of, or other recognition you have received for your artistry.
-Portfolio: Provide a link to your online portfolio or highlight any specific CG projects that you have worked on.
-References: Include contact information for references who can vouch for your skills and experience.
-Attention to Detail: Demonstrate your attention to detail by including any technical skills or software proficiency that can be beneficial to companies.
What is a good summary for a CG Artist resume?
A strong resume summary for a CG Artist should highlight the candidate’s expertise in creating computer-generated graphics and visuals. The summary should also showcase the candidate’s knowledge of the tools and software used to create CG visuals, such as Adobe Photoshop, Autodesk Maya, and ZBrush. Additionally, the summary should demonstrate the candidate’s ability to work independently and collaboratively, as well as their technical skills and creative aptitude. A good summary might read something like this:
Experienced and creative CG Artist with a passion for crafting stunning visuals. Skilled in using a range of tools and software, such as Adobe Photoshop, Autodesk Maya, and ZBrush for creating 3D graphics, animations, and special effects. Proven ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with a creative team to create high-quality visuals. Experienced in troubleshooting technical issues and striving for perfection in every project.
What is a good objective for a CG Artist resume?
A good objective for a CG Artist resume should reflect the artist’s goals and experience in the field. It should be succinct, clear and relevant to the position being applied for. Below are some examples of objectives you can use for your CG Artist resume:
- To obtain a position as a CG Artist, utilizing my experience in graphic design, animation, and 3D modeling.
- Seeking a challenging role as a CG Artist in a creative environment, utilizing expertise in character animation and 3D modeling.
- To leverage creative skills in 3D modeling and animation to produce visually compelling content in a role as CG Artist.
- To gain employment as a CG Artist in an innovative and dynamic organization, utilizing my skills in 3D modeling and animation.
- To obtain a position as a CG Artist, utilizing my experience in character animation, special effects, and 3D modeling.
- To provide creative, high-quality 3D modeling and animation as a CG Artist in a fast-paced, professional environment.
- To join a team of animation professionals as a CG Artist, utilizing my experience in 3D modeling and character design.
- To use my technical skills in 3D modeling and animation to produce high-quality, visually engaging content in a CG Artist role.
How do you list CG Artist skills on a resume?
Creating a resume for any career can be a daunting task, especially when you are a CG artist. CG artists typically have a wide range of skills including 3D modeling, animation, texturing, lighting, rendering, and compositing. Knowing how to list these skills in a way that quickly displays your talent and experience can be difficult. Here are a few tips on how to list your CG artist skills on a resume:
- Organize your skills in a way that will be most relevant to the job you are applying for. For example, if you are applying for a 3D modeling job, list your 3D modeling experience and knowledge first.
- Use specific examples of software, techniques, and tools you are skilled in. For instance, list any software you are proficient in, such as Autodesk Maya, Adobe After Effects, or Houdini.
- Describe your experience in the field. If you have been a CG artist for more than three years, mention that. If you have worked on any major projects, be sure to list those as well.
- Highlight any special skills that differentiate you from other CG artists. This could include storytelling, character development, or concept art.
- Identify any awards or recognition you have received for your CG artwork. Awards such as VES and Siggraph are highly respected, so be sure to include them.
By listing your CG artist skills in a way that is relevant and highlights your experience, you can ensure that your resume stands out and communicates your talents.
What skills should I put on my resume for CG Artist?
When it comes to the job market, it’s important to make sure your resume stands out from the rest. As a CG Artist, your resume should be tailored to showcase your skills and strengths, so that potential employers can recognize your potential. To get you started, here are some of the skills you should include on your CG Artist resume:
- Creativity: CG Artists need to be able to come up with new and innovative ideas for their projects. Showcase your creativity by mentioning any awards or recognitions you’ve received for your work.
- Technical Skills: CG Artists need to be proficient in the software they use. List any software you’re comfortable using and include any related certifications you’ve received.
- Attention to Detail: As a CG Artist, you need to be able to pay close attention to detail in order to create the best possible results. Showcase your keen eye by including any projects you’ve completed that required a high level of attention to detail.
- Collaboration: CG Artists often work in teams to create projects. Showcase your teamwork skills by mentioning any group projects you’ve completed.
- Storytelling: CG Art requires the ability to tell stories through visuals. Highlight any projects you’ve completed that required storytelling skills.
By including these skills on your resume for CG Artist, you’ll be able to demonstrate your strengths and make your resume stand out from the crowd. Good luck!
Key takeaways for an CG Artist resume
When crafting a resume for a CG artist, it is important to focus on the skills and accomplishments that are most relevant to the job you are applying for. Here are five key takeaways for creating a CG artist resume that stands out:
- Highlight Your Achievements: Make sure to include notable achievements that demonstrate your ability to create compelling CG visuals. This could be awards you’ve won, projects you’ve completed, or even recognition from industry peers.
- Proofread: Carefully check for typos and grammatical errors in your resume. These small mistakes can make a big difference in how employers perceive your capabilities.
- Focus On Software You Know: It’s important to list the software you’re familiar with on your resume. However, it’s also important to be honest about your level of expertise with each software. Don’t list software you’re not comfortable with.
- Include Relevant Courses: If you’ve completed any classes or training related to CG, be sure to include them. This will show employers that you are dedicated to honing your craft.
- Make It Digital: Unless specifically requested, it’s best to submit your resume digitally. This will make it easier for employers to review your resume and also make it more likely to be seen.
Let us help you build
Make your resume more organized and attractive with our Resume Builder