Writing a resume as a network systems administrator can be a daunting task, especially if you are unsure of how to showcase your experience and skills. This blog post is here to provide a guide on how to write a network systems administrator resume that stands out from the competition and presents you as the best candidate for the job. With examples of resumes for various types of positions in the field, this post will help you create a resume that highlights your qualifications and makes you a top contender for any network systems administrator position you apply to.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for, be sure to check out our complete library of resume examples.
Start building your dream career today!
Create your professional resume in just 5 minutes with our easy-to-use resume builder!
Network Systems Administrator Resume Examples
Network Systems Administrator
123 Main Street | Anytown, USA 99999 | Phone: (123) 456-7890 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I am a Network Systems Administrator with 8 years of experience in the IT industry. I have a comprehensive understanding of network maintenance and management, as well as experience in database and network security. I possess a strong aptitude for troubleshooting and problem solving and my technical knowledge spans a wide range of computer systems and networks. I am committed to providing reliable and secure systems and services to clients.
- Network Maintenance & Management
- Database & Network Security
- Troubleshooting & Problem Solving
- Network Configuration & Installation
- System Maintenance & Upgrades
- Firewall & Antivirus Solutions
- Network Monitoring
Network Systems Administrator, ABC Company, 2012 – Present
- Designed and implemented secure computer networks for clients.
- Ensured the quality and security of server systems and networks.
- Evaluated and implemented hardware and software solutions for clients.
- Installed, tested and maintained operating systems, software applications and system management tools.
- Monitored network performance and identified and fixed problems.
- Developed and maintained automated system and security administration tools.
- Implemented system security protocols and policies.
Network Technician, XYZ Company, 2010 – 2012
- Responsible for providing technical support to clients.
- Installed and configured new hardware and software systems.
- Performed system maintenance and upgrades.
- Troubleshot and solved technical issues.
- Monitored and maintained network performance.
- Generated and maintained system documentation.
BSc in Computer Science, University of South Florida, 2010.
Network Systems Administrator Resume with No Experience
Recent graduate with an Associate of Science in Network Systems Administration. A detail- oriented individual possessing technical abilities, problem- solving skills, and an eagerness to work in a challenging environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows and UNIX operating systems
- Knowledge in disaster recovery procedures
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot hardware and software issues
- Familiarity with networking protocols and security
- Proficient in configuring and maintaining servers and routers
- Install, configure, and maintain company network systems
- Troubleshoot any network issues and ensure network stability
- Monitor network performance and ensure optimal uptime
- Perform regular maintenance and upgrade network components when necessary
- Ensure network security and compliance with policies and regulations
- Provide technical support to users and respond to inquiries in a timely manner
Network Systems Administrator Resume with 2 Years of Experience
A highly- skilled and motivated Network Systems Administrator with 2 years of experience in the IT industry. Possesses a strong background in designing, configuring, and maintaining networks and systems to ensure their optimal performance. Proven ability to troubleshoot hardware and software issues while maintaining cyber security best practices.
- Network Administration
- Cyber Security
- Systems Troubleshooting
- Data Analysis
- Hardware Installation
- Software Configuration
- Network Design
- Installed, configured, and troubleshot hardware and software systems
- Monitored system performance and provided technical support
- Ensured proper backup of data and implemented disaster recovery plans
- Developed and implemented network security protocols and procedures
- Performed network maintenance, upgrades, and repair
- Created and maintained user accounts and network access rights
- Analyzed network traffic and system performance data
- Installed and configured new servers and peripherals
Network Systems Administrator Resume with 5 Years of Experience
Highly motivated and experienced Network Systems Administrator with 5 years of experience in configuring, managing, and troubleshooting network infrastructure in a fast- paced environment. Proven ability to maintain high performance network systems and ensure the availability of critical services. Expertise in creating, implementing, and managing security policies and procedures to protect organization’s confidential data. Possesses hands- on experience in migration of data and systems from one platform to another.
- Network Infrastructure Management and Troubleshooting
- Network and Security Protocols
- Installation, Configuration and Upgrading
- Network and System Performance Monitoring
- Data Migration and Backup
- VLANs, LAN/WAN, VPNs, Routers and Switches
- Cloud Computing, Microsoft Office, and Linux
- Active Directory, TCP/IP, and DHCP
- Installed, configured and maintained switches, routers and other network appliances.
- Deployed and managed network security solutions such as firewalls, intrusion detection systems and anti- virus.
- Implemented and administered Active Directory, DHCP and DNS services.
- Monitored and optimized network and system performance.
- Assisted in data migration and backup management.
- Developed and implemented secure network policies and procedures.
- Provided technical support for network systems related issues.
- Resolved network and system outages.
Network Systems Administrator Resume with 7 Years of Experience
Highly organized and detail- oriented Network Systems Administrator with 7 years of experience managing corporate networks and systems. Able to design and develop secure networks, troubleshoot system and network issues, and ensure the optimal performance of IT systems. Core strengths include system automation, scripting, network security, and storage solutions. A reliable and efficient professional, consistently striving to stay up- to- date with the latest technologies.
- Network Administration
- Systems Automation
- Scripting and Troubleshooting
- Network Security
- Storage Solutions
- Network Design and Development
- Vendor Management
- Asset Management
- Configured and maintained corporate networks, ensuring optimal performance and security
- Performed daily maintenance of systems, including patching, software configuration, and application updates
- Established best practices for network and system administration
- Installed and upgraded software and hardware components
- Provided technical support to end- users in resolving system issues
- Developed scripts and automated processes for system maintenance and management
- Implemented security measures to protect networks from malicious activities
- Developed and maintained storage solutions for data backup and archiving
- Managed vendors and contracts to ensure best service and value
Network Systems Administrator Resume with 10 Years of Experience
Experienced Network Systems Administrator with 10 years of experience in configuring and monitoring computer networks. Proven track record in problem solving and developing strategies to maximize network performance. Possesses excellent customer service and communication skills, as well as an in- depth knowledge of network architecture and server components.
- Network Architecture
- Server Configuration
- Network Security
- Data Backup and Recovery
- Cloud Computing
- Installing, configuring and maintaining computer networks
- Monitoring networks and diagnosing and troubleshooting problems
- Ensuring network security by setting up firewalls and implementing security measures
- Testing and evaluating new technologies
- Implementing system upgrades and performing regular server maintenance
- Developing and maintaining network- related documentation
- Managing user accounts and user access control
- Installing and managing software applications, such as database management systems
Network Systems Administrator Resume with 15 Years of Experience
A highly experienced and detail- oriented Network Systems Administrator with over 15 years of experience in providing technical support to systems users and troubleshooting network and system issues. Possess extensive knowledge of networking technologies, computing systems and software applications, as well as strong problem- solving and analytical skills. Proven ability to work collaboratively with cross- functional teams to design, deploy, configure and maintain highly functional networks.
- Network Administration
- Systems Troubleshooting
- Server Configuration
- Active Directory
- Virtualization Technologies
- Network Security
- LAN/WAN Design
- Backup and Recovery Systems
- Network Monitoring
- Software Installation
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of network hardware and software
- Identifying and troubleshooting network issues
- Monitoring, maintaining and ensuring performance of networks
- Implementing security measures to protect networks from unauthorized access
- Designing and implementing LAN/WAN structures
- Installing and configuring physical and virtual servers
- Managing and maintaining active directory and group policies
- Creating and managing user accounts
- Performing regular backup and recovery operations
- Creating scripts to automate network tasks
What should be included in a Network Systems Administrator resume?
When writing a resume for the role of a Network Systems Administrator, it’s essential to include a few key elements that demonstrate your technical skills, experience, and accomplishments. A good resume should include the following:-
- Technical Skills: These should be prominently featured in your resume, as they are a major component of the job. Include any relevant certifications and training you have received, as well as any programming languages, operating systems, or software packages you are proficient in.
- Experience: Include any past positions that you have held in the IT field, even if they did not directly involve network administration. This will show that you have a strong background in the field.
- Accomplishments: Make sure to highlight any major successes you have achieved in the past, such as launching a successful system implementation or completing a complicated project.
- Education: Include any higher education degrees or certifications, such as a bachelor’s degree or a master’s degree in computer science or another related field.
- Soft Skills: As a Network Systems Administrator, you will need to have strong communication and problem solving skills. Be sure to mention any relevant skills that you have, such as the ability to work well in a team or to think quickly in a crisis.
By including these key aspects in your resume, you can demonstrate that you have the skills and experience necessary to be a successful Network Systems Administrator.
What is a good summary for a Network Systems Administrator resume?
A Network Systems Administrator resume should include a summary that highlights the applicant’s experience and technical skills. It should demonstrate knowledge of a wide range of IT systems and services, such as networking, systems administration, troubleshooting, server setup, maintenance, and configuration. In addition to these technical skills, the summary should also include soft skills, such as effective communication, problem-solving, and teamwork. Knowledge of industry trends and standards, as well as the ability to stay organized and multi-task, are also valuable assets for a Network Systems Administrator. Finally, the summary should describe the applicant’s previous experience and qualifications in a concise yet informative way.
What is a good objective for a Network Systems Administrator resume?
Networking is an ever-evolving field, and the goal of a Network Systems Administrator is to be able to manage and troubleshoot a variety of different systems. When writing a resume for this type of position, it is important to have an objective that clearly outlines the skills and experience that you can bring to the job. Here are some examples of good objectives for a Network Systems Administrator resume:
- To leverage my 5+ years of experience in network systems administration and network security to aid in the growth and maintenance of the organization’s networks and systems.
- To use my skills and knowledge of network systems, hardware and software to ensure optimal system performance, security and scalability.
- To apply my technical writing and documentation expertise to create and maintain detailed system documentation.
- To utilize my experience with troubleshooting and problem-solving to quickly and effectively find solutions to system issues.
- To utilize my strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with team members and other stakeholders.
How do you list Network Systems Administrator skills on a resume?
Network systems administrators are responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of a company’s computer networks. To list the required skills for this role on a resume, the following should be highlighted:
- Technical Proficiency: Network systems administrators must have technical expertise in a wide range of networking technologies, such as routers, switches, firewalls, and wireless networks. They must also be knowledgeable in Windows, Linux, and other operating systems.
- Troubleshooting: Network systems administrators should be able to quickly identify and resolve network problems. They should be able to set up and maintain system logs, diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, and perform system maintenance.
- Communication Skills: Network systems administrators must be able to communicate effectively with colleagues and customers. They must be able to explain complex technical concepts in easy-to-understand language.
- Documentation Skills: Network systems administrators must be able to document their work thoroughly. They must be able to create detailed network diagrams, and write procedures and instructions for operating systems and network equipment.
- Project Management: Network systems administrators must be able to manage projects from conception to completion. They must be able to set and meet deadlines, and have the necessary organizational skills to prioritize tasks and manage resources.
- Security Knowledge: Network systems administrators should have a strong understanding of security measures, such as firewalls, antivirus software, and encryption techniques. They must be able to monitor and protect networks from potential threats.
What skills should I put on my resume for Network Systems Administrator?
A Network Systems Administrator is a crucial role in any organization as they maintain, monitor, and deploy networks. Having the right skills on your resume is key to getting the job. Here are some skills to include on your resume to demonstrate your qualifications for a Network Systems Administrator role:
- Extensive experience with networking protocols and technologies, such as TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, and VoIP
- Ability to plan and design local and wide area networks
- Competency in troubleshooting and resolving network and system issues
- Proficiency in configuring, deploying, and maintaining network equipment, including routers, switches, and firewalls
- Knowledge of network security principles and best practices
- Proficiency in scripting and automation tools, such as Python and Ansible
- Ability to manage and maintain servers, including Windows and Linux
- Understanding of virtualization technologies and cloud computing platforms
- Expertise in monitoring and performance tuning
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
Key takeaways for an Network Systems Administrator resume
When it comes to crafting a resume for a Network Systems Administrator, there are several key takeaways to keep in mind. These takeaways can help you craft a resume that stands out to employers and accurately portrays your qualifications and experience.
First and foremost, it’s essential that you highlight your technical skills. Network Systems Administrators require a high level of technical expertise and employers will be looking for specific qualifications in a candidate. Be sure to list any certifications you have, such as Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA) or Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA). Include any programming languages or other technologies you’re skilled in as well.
In addition to technical skills, you should also showcase your problem solving skills and attention to detail. Network Systems Administrators are responsible for troubleshooting issues with networks, so you’ll want to highlight your ability to think critically and quickly come up with solutions to complex problems.
Finally, make sure to include any relevant work experience. If you’ve been a Network Systems Administrator previously, include the name of your past employers along with the dates and the responsibilities you had. If you don’t have any previous experience in the field, include any experience you have with IT or problem solving, such as project management or customer service.
Overall, crafting a Network Systems Administrator resume is all about showcasing your technical skills and problem solving abilities. Highlight any relevant experience you have and make sure to include certifications and other technical qualifications. With these key takeaways, you can craft a resume that will get you noticed by employers.
Let us help you build
Make your resume more organized and attractive with our Resume Builder