Are you a payroll manager looking to update your resume? It’s important to make sure your resume accurately reflects your skills and experiences as a payroll manager in order to stand out from other applicants. This guide will provide you with tips for writing a strong resume, as well as examples of successful resumes from payroll managers in various industries. With the right information and examples to guide you, you’ll be able to create a resume that clearly emphasizes your value to an employer.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for, be sure to check out our complete library of resume examples.
Start building your dream career today!
Create your professional resume in just 5 minutes with our easy-to-use resume builder!
Payroll Manager Resume Examples
123 Main Street | Anytown, USA 99999 | Phone: (123) 456-7890 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Experienced and organized Payroll Manager with over 10 years of experience in the payroll industry. Skilled in data analysis, interpretation, and problem- solving, as well as policy and procedure design. Proven ability to ensure accuracy and timely payment of wages and benefits and to develop and implement efficient payroll processes. Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Payroll Management
- Data Analysis
- Benefits Administration
- Policy and Procedure Design
- Process Improvement
- Problem- solving
- Interpersonal Skills
- Organizational Skills
Payroll Manager, ABC Corporation, 2012- present
- Handle payroll for 500 employee organization.
- Ensure accurate and timely payment of wages and benefits.
- Manage and coordinate payroll functions related to employee deductions, taxes, and benefits.
- Perform payroll audits and review, update, and audit timekeeping software.
- Develop and improve payroll processes and procedures.
- Manage and coordinate payroll transfer between banking institutions and payroll systems.
- Provide guidance and technical support to staff.
Payroll Administrator, XYZ Corporation, 2006- 2012
- Managed payroll for a 200 person organization.
- Developed and maintained accurate payroll records.
- Processed and reconciled payroll data.
- Researched, analyzed, and resolved payroll discrepancies.
- Assisted with the development and implementation of payroll policies and procedures.
- Provided technical support and customer service to staff and management in relation to payroll concerns.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, University of New York, 2006
Payroll Manager Resume with No Experience
Recent college graduate with excellent organizational and communication skills. Proficient in payroll software and Excel, eager to leverage my problem- solving and analytical skillset in a Payroll Manager role.
- Payroll Software: ADP, Ceridian, Paylocity
- Excel: Pivot Tables, Formulas, Charts
- Data Analysis: Problem- solving, Organization and Evaluation
- Interpersonal: Conflict resolution, Teamwork and Professionalism
- Maintain payroll records for multiple employees in different locations
- Ensure accurate calculation of wages, deductions, and overtime
- Manage payroll changes, such as new hires and terminations
- Prepare and submit payroll tax documents
- Keep up to date with changes in payroll laws and regulations
- Provide assistance with resolving payroll issues or discrepancies
- Review and reconcile payroll balances and handle payroll errors
- Ensure timely payment of employee benefits and withholdings
Payroll Manager Resume with 2 Years of Experience
Highly organized, meticulous, and driven Payroll Manager with two years of experience in payroll processing and management. Adept at using diverse payroll software, developing and implementing payroll policies, and managing employee pay and benefit information. Skilled at navigating complex labor regulations and laws to ensure compliance. Committed to providing accurate and professional payroll services.
- Financial Reporting
- Computer Proficiency
- Data Entry
- Tax Preparation
- Payroll Processing
- Human Resources
- Employee Benefits
- Employee Relations
- Maintained and updated employee payroll records and personnel files
- Processed accurate and timely payroll for all employees
- Managed payroll system ensuring accurate and timely payments
- Prepared and created monthly payroll statements
- Prepared new hire and termination paperwork
- Processed timecards, bonuses, and other payroll deductions
- Reconciled payroll discrepancies
- Researched and resolved payroll discrepancies
- Assisted with preparation of annual payroll audits
- Administered employee benefits and verify deductions
- Developed and maintained payroll policies and procedures
Payroll Manager Resume with 5 Years of Experience
Dynamic and motivated Payroll Manager with 5 years of experience in payroll, accounting, and finance. Proven ability to efficiently process accounting transactions, create financial reports, and carry out financial analyses. Experienced in leveraging data to drive better business decisions. Highly organized with a passion for delivering the highest quality of service and accuracy.
- Payroll Processing
- Financial Reporting
- Financial Analysis
- Data Analysis
- Data Entry
- Customer Service
- Processed payroll for a company of 500 employees
- Recorded and reconciled accounting transactions
- Prepared financial reports to management
- Developed and maintained financial models
- Provided accurate and timely financial data
- Analyzed and interpreted data to identify trends and opportunities
- Provided customer service and support to employees related to payroll and other financial issues
- Ensured compliance with all payroll and accounting regulations and laws
Payroll Manager Resume with 7 Years of Experience
I am a payroll manager with 7 years of experience in managing all aspects of payroll operations. My expertise is in overseeing data entry of timekeeping information, payroll processing and filing, reconciliations, and reporting. I have extensive experience in operating a variety of payroll systems, ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local laws, and monitoring payroll expenses. I have excellent problem- solving skills and have a strong commitment to accuracy and detail.
- Strong knowledge of federal, state, and local payroll regulations
- Advanced proficiency in payroll systems
- Excellent organizational and problem- solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other office applications
- Proven track record of accuracy and efficiency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Oversee data entry of timekeeping information and payroll processing
- Ensure payroll processes are accurate and compliant with all applicable laws
- Reconcile payroll accounts and handle payroll discrepancies
- Prepare and submit payroll taxes, reports, and other documentation
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual payroll reports and financial statements
- Develop and implement payroll policies and procedures
- Monitor payroll expenses and ensure accuracy of deductions
- Answer employee inquiries related to payroll processing
Payroll Manager Resume with 10 Years of Experience
I am a highly experienced Payroll Manager with over 10 years of experience in the industry. I have a strong background in payroll operations and have managed and implemented payroll processing activities for all types of organizations. My experience also covers coordinating and managing payroll staff, payroll administration, training and development of payroll staff, and providing a high level of customer service to all stakeholders. I am confident in my ability to ensure accurate and timely payroll processing, and I am experienced in compliance with the applicable labor regulations.
- Payroll Operations
- Payroll Administration
- Payroll Processing
- Organizational Management
- Developing and Implementing Training Programs
- Compliance with Labor Regulations
- Customer Service
- Manage and coordinate payroll staff
- Lead payroll processing activities
- Develop and implement payroll training programs
- Ensure accurate and timely payroll processing
- Provide a high level of customer service to all stakeholders
- Manage payroll accounts and ensure accurate payment
- Ensure compliance with all applicable labor regulations
- Resolve issues and inquiries from employees
- Prepare and distribute payroll reports
Payroll Manager Resume with 15 Years of Experience
Highly experienced and knowledgeable Payroll Manager with 15 years of experience overseeing payroll processes and managing payroll teams. Proven track record of successfully managing large volumes of complex salaries and wages. Skilled at developing and maintaining productive working relationships with business units and ensuring compliance with relevant laws and regulations. Strong ability to analyze and interpret financial data to ensure accurate accounting, reporting and filing of taxes.
- Payroll Operations & Management
- Tax & Regulatory Compliance
- Financial Analysis & Reporting
- Team Leadership & Development
- People Management & Training
- Software & System Management
- Data Entry & Quality Control
- Accounting & Budgeting
- Ensuring accuracy of payroll by processing accurate calculations of salaries, wages, and deductions
- Managing payroll staff and ensuring timely and accurate processing of payroll
- Creating and maintaining payroll records in accordance with applicable laws and regulations
- Maintaining accurate records of deductions for benefit plans and other payroll deductions
- Analyzing financial statements and reports to identify areas for improvement
- Developing payroll policies and procedures to ensure compliance with current laws and regulations
- Leading and managing payroll audits and conducting reviews to ensure compliance
- Identifying and resolving errors and discrepancies in payroll records
- Assisting with the preparation of financial statements and reports for review
- Analyzing and interpreting payroll data to ensure timely and accurate payroll information is available for review
What should be included in a Payroll Manager resume?
A Payroll Manager is responsible for managing and overseeing payroll, calculating salaries, benefits, deductions, and other related tasks. To be successful in this role, a Payroll Manager needs to have a range of skills and experiences, so employers will be expecting to see these in a well-crafted resume.
When writing a Payroll Manager resume, you should ensure that you have the following details included:
- Education and Qualifications: To qualify for a role as a Payroll Manager, you should have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent. You should also have relevant qualifications in payroll management and a good understanding of payroll laws and regulations.
- Work History: Your work history should demonstrate a proven track record in handling payroll processes, including calculating salaries, benefits, and deductions, as well as administering payroll taxes and other related tasks. It is beneficial to include any experience that you have working with payroll software and other related technologies.
- Skills: Payroll Managers should be able to demonstrate a range of skills, including attention to detail, excellent communication and analytical skills, problem-solving capabilities, and an ability to work accurately and efficiently.
- Professional Achievements: It is beneficial to include any professional achievements that you have achieved in your role as a Payroll Manager. This could include any awards you have won, successful projects you have completed, or any other achievements that can demonstrate your competency in managing payrolls.
By including the above information in your resume, you will be able to make a strong case to potential employers and demonstrate why you are the best fit for the role.
What is a good summary for a Payroll Manager resume?
A good summary for a Payroll Manager resume should highlight the skills, experience, and qualifications that make you the ideal candidate for the job. It should include key details such as the number of years of experience in payroll management, the type of payroll software you are experienced with, and any additional certifications or qualifications you may have. It should also include a summary of how your skills can help the company and how you can use your expertise to increase efficiency and accuracy in managing payroll. By clearly outlining your qualifications and experience, you can demonstrate to potential employers that you have the necessary skills to successfully handle the payroll for their organization.
What is a good objective for a Payroll Manager resume?
A Payroll Manager is responsible for ensuring that payroll is accurately processed and taxes are paid in compliance with applicable laws. When writing the objective for a Payroll Manager resume, the aim should be to show potential employers that you understand the responsibilities of the position and have the experience and skills to manage payroll efficiently and accurately.
Here are some suggestions for a Payroll Manager resume objective:
- Seeking a position as a Payroll Manager to utilize my 10+ years of experience in payroll processing and tax compliance.
- To apply my expertise in payroll management to effectively manage payroll operations and ensure accuracy and compliance with applicable laws.
- To secure a position as a Payroll Manager and use my knowledge of payroll processing and payroll tax regulations to effectively manage payroll operations.
- Motivated professional looking for a position as a Payroll Manager to leverage my 10+ years of experience in payroll processing and tax compliance.
- Energetic and experienced Payroll Manager with 8+ years of experience in payroll processing and tax compliance seeking a position to utilize my skills.
How do you list Payroll Manager skills on a resume?
The Payroll Manager plays a vital role in ensuring a company’s payroll is accurately calculated and distributed to staff. When applying for a job in this role, your resume should clearly outline the skills and experiences you can bring to the table.
To demonstrate your suitability for a position as a Payroll Manager, here are some skills and qualities you may want to consider listing on your resume:
- Experience with payroll and tax regulations: Having a strong understanding of payroll regulations and the ability to apply them in a timely and accurate manner is essential for a successful Payroll Manager.
- Leadership skills: Many Payroll Managers supervise other payroll staff and assist with onboarding new staff and training them. Leadership skills should be highlighted to showcase your ability to direct and manage a team.
- Problem solving: Payroll Managers must be able to troubleshoot any payroll issues or discrepancies quickly and professionally.
- Excellent communication skills: Effective communication is important for Payroll Managers in order to maintain relationships with staff, supervisors, and external authorities.
- Attention to detail: Payroll Managers must have an eye for detail and the ability to detect and correct errors, ensuring that all payroll information is accurate.
- Proficiency with payroll software: Being able to use, manage, and troubleshoot payroll software is essential for a successful Payroll Manager.
By listing your strongest Payroll Manager skills on your resume, you can give employers an accurate picture of how you can help them ensure accurate and efficient payroll operations.
What skills should I put on my resume for Payroll Manager?
bulletsWriting a resume for a position as a Payroll Manager requires highlighting skills that demonstrate a strong understanding of payroll processing, data analysis and financial management. In addition to experience, employers value payroll managers with great communication, organization and problem solving skills. Below are some of the key skills to consider including on your resume for a Payroll Manager role.
- Payroll processing: Proficiency in payroll processing systems and procedures, including the ability to utilize software for preparing and tracking payroll.
- Data Analysis: Strong ability to analyze reports and data related to payroll to identify discrepancies and make corrective adjustments.
- Financial Management: Experience with budgeting and forecasting as well as an understanding of how to comply with taxation laws and regulations.
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to communicate with employees and management regarding pay, benefits and other payroll-related issues.
- Organization: Ability to stay organized and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Problem solving: Quick and effective problem solving skills to troubleshoot payroll issues.
By including these skills on your resume, you can demonstrate to potential employers that you are a great candidate for the Payroll Manager role.
Key takeaways for an Payroll Manager resume
When it comes to creating a resume as a payroll manager, there are several key takeaways that you should keep in mind. A great resume should be crafted to highlight your experience and accomplishments, while also showcasing your abilities in the field. By focusing on these key takeaways, you can create an effective resume that can help you stand out and get noticed in the crowded job market.
- Highlight Your Accomplishments: When crafting your resume, it is important to clearly showcase your accomplishments in the field. Instead of simply stating your job duties and responsibilities, focus on the results you have achieved. This can include any awards or certificates you have achieved, as well as any projects or initiatives you have completed.
- Demonstrate Your Skills: As a payroll manager, you need to demonstrate your expertise in the field. Showcase your knowledge in accounting, payroll and tax regulations, as well as any software or technology you are familiar with. This can help to set you apart from other candidates, as employers are looking for highly skilled workers.
- Focus on Your Career Progression: Many employers are looking for candidates who have shown a steady career progression. Focus on the roles you have held and any promotions or advancements you have received. This information can help to demonstrate your commitment to the field and your willingness to take on new challenges.
By following these key takeaways, you can create an effective resume that can help you stand out to potential employers. Showcasing your skills, accomplishments, and career progression can help to demonstrate your value and increase your chances of getting hired.
Let us help you build
Make your resume more organized and attractive with our Resume Builder