Putting together a resume for a payroll administrator role is like preparing any other job application – there are certain elements that should be included. Writing a resume for this type of role is a little more specific, though, so this guide will provide examples of what to include and the best way to showcase your skills and experience. Having a well-crafted resume can be the difference between getting a job interview and being overlooked, so it’s important to take the time to make sure that yours is up to scratch. Once your resume is complete, then you can concentrate on impressing potential employers with your knowledge and abilities!
If you didn’t find what you were looking for, be sure to check out our complete library of resume examples.
Start building your dream career today!
Create your professional resume in just 5 minutes with our easy-to-use resume builder!
Payroll Administrator Resume Examples
123 Main Street | Anytown, USA 99999 | Phone: (123) 456-7890 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A highly organized and detail- oriented professional with over 6 years of experience in payroll and accounting. Proven track record of ensuring accuracy of payrolls and accurate accounting records. Possess excellent communication, problem solving and customer service skills. A team player with a commitment to providing excellent customer service and staying up- to- date with the latest payroll technologies.
- Payroll processing
- Tax management
- Data entry
- Problem solving
- Employee relations
- Human Resources
- Customer service
- Microsoft Office Suite
Payroll Administrator, ABC Company, 2019- Present
- Processed and audited all company payrolls, ensuring accuracy of information, payments and deductions
- Developed and implemented procedures for accurate payroll processing
- Ensured compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements related to payroll
- Compiled, analyzed and reported payroll information
- Created and maintained employee records
- Collaborated with Human Resources team on employee contracts, benefits, and other related payroll matters
- Responded to employee inquiries regarding payroll and benefits
Accounting Clerk, XYZ Company, 2017- 2019
- Handled all accounts payable and accounts receivable duties
- Processed customer invoices and payments
- Recorded and updated inventory information
- Reconciled account balances
- Generated financial statements
- Resolved customer inquiries
Bachelor of Science in Accounting, University of XYZ, 2013- 2017
Payroll Administrator Resume with No Experience
Hardworking and organized recent graduate eager to become a Payroll Administrator. Possess strong mathematical and organizational skills, with a passion for problem- solving and customer service. Possesses a strong knack for learning quickly and adapting to any industry.
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Adaptable to any industry
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and payroll software
- Compile and enter employee payroll data accurately
- Calculate and process payroll in a timely manner
- Properly document all payroll transactions and ensure accurate record keeping
- Assist with the preparation of W- 2 and 1099 forms
- Resolve discrepancies or issues related to payroll
- Conduct audits to ensure accuracy of payroll data
- Prepare monthly and quarterly payroll reports
- Provide customer service to employees regarding payroll related issues
Payroll Administrator Resume with 2 Years of Experience
An experienced and detail- oriented Payroll Administrator with two years of experience in managing payroll for various organizations. Skilled in processing payrolls accurately and in a timely manner and ensuring the smooth running of payroll operations. Proven ability to work effectively in a fast- paced environment with advanced knowledge of human resources, payroll, and financial issues.
- Payroll Processing
- Payroll Taxation
- Data Entry
- Employee Benefits
- Financial Reporting
- Human Resources
- Tax Compliance
- Processed payroll for over 500 employees and maintained accurate records
- Ensured accurate and timely processing of payrolls
- Handled all payroll inquiries and resolved payroll issues
- Calculated employee wages and deductions
- Managed payroll taxes, deductions, and benefits
- Provided financial and operational reporting
- Reconciled monthly payroll records and financial statements
- Assisted with employee onboarding and offboarding processes
- Maintained confidentiality of employee records and payroll data
Payroll Administrator Resume with 5 Years of Experience
Highly organized and diligent Payroll Administrator with 5 years of experience in a medium- sized payroll department. Adept in payroll processing and auditing, maintaining payroll information confidentiality, developing payroll documentation, reporting, and payroll reconciliation. Experienced in working with a variety of payroll systems and software such as ADP, QuickBooks, and Microsoft Office Suite. Exceptional communicator with strong customer service skills, a commitment to accuracy and timeliness, and a dedication to providing best- in- class payroll services.
- Payroll Processing and Auditing
- Payroll Documentation Development
- Payroll Reporting
- System and Software Proficiency
- Problem- Solving
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Time Management
- Customer Service
- Process payroll for around 500 employees on a bi- weekly basis
- Ensure accuracy of payroll information and calculations by auditing and validating employee data
- Create and update payroll documentation, ensuring all necessary signatures are obtained
- Process and submit payroll taxes, garnishments, and other deductions
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding payroll, deductions, and other payroll- related issues
- Generate payroll reports and submit to relevant government agencies
- Reconcile payroll records against bank statements
- Maintain payroll information and files in a confidential manner in accordance with relevant data protection regulations
- Process payment runs for contractors and manage system access for those users
- Troubleshoot any payroll system issues and ensure system updates and patches are applied as needed
Payroll Administrator Resume with 7 Years of Experience
I am an experienced Payroll Administrator with seven years in the field. My expertise lies in setting up and maintaining payroll systems, streamlining processes, and managing payroll for multiple organizations. I am familiar with leading payroll software programs and can stay up to date on the latest compliance and tax regulations. I am committed to providing fast, efficient and accurate services, and I work diligently to ensure that all payroll activities are completed on time.
- Strong knowledge of payroll processes and procedures
- Proficient in payroll software, including ADP, Paycom, and Sage
- Excellent problem- solving and analytical skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- High degree of professionalism and customer service
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Processing, auditing, and managing employee payrolls
- Calculating and distributing salary and wages
- Maintaining records of employee payroll information
- Reconciling payroll accounts
- Managing benefits and deductions accounts
- Resolving payroll discrepancies and queries
- Updating payroll software and managing security
- Ensuring compliance with local and federal laws
- Preparing and filing payroll documents, reports, and taxes
Payroll Administrator Resume with 10 Years of Experience
Highly organized and detail- oriented Payroll Administrator with 10 years of experience in payroll processing and management. Proven ability to handle confidential information with care and discretion. Skilled in various payroll software, including QuickBooks and ADP. Adept at training and leading teams while meeting deadlines and maintaining accuracy. Passionate about delivering quality work in a fast- paced environment.
- Payroll Processing
- Tax Return Preparation
- Benefits Administration
- Team Building
- Data Analysis
- Multi- tasking
- Problem Solving
- Calculated employee wages, commissions, bonuses and deductions ensuring accuracy.
- Prepared and filed quarterly and annual tax forms, including federal and state.
- Tracked employee sick and vacation time and ensured compliance with company policies.
- Monitored changes in state and federal payroll regulations to ensure accurate compliance.
- Processed and managed employee benefits, including health insurance and 401k.
- Developed and implemented systems to improve payroll processes.
- Managed and trained a team of payroll clerks.
- Conducted audits to ensure accuracy and compliance with company policies.
- Processed payroll reports and adjusted payroll accounts as needed.
Payroll Administrator Resume with 15 Years of Experience
Highly experienced Payroll Administrator with over fifteen years of experience in payroll processing and management. Skilled in payroll tax filing, payroll system management, and payroll budget management. Experienced in working with multiple payroll systems to create a payroll process that is efficient, effective, and accurate. Possesses excellent interpersonal and problem- solving skills.
- Payroll tax filing
- Payroll system management
- Payroll budget management
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem solving
- Data entry
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Timekeeping management
- Payroll process improvement
- Created and maintained employee payroll records and files
- Ensured accurate and timely payment of employees
- Processed payroll taxes and ensured all documents were properly filed
- Reconciled payroll accounts and identified discrepancies
- Audited discrepancies/errors and submitted corrected/updated information as needed
- Implemented and maintained timekeeping systems
- Developed and implemented payroll policies and procedures
- Assisted with the implementation of a new payroll system
- Generated accurate and timely reports for upper management
- Acted as the point of contact for payroll related inquiries from employees and supervisors
What should be included in a Payroll Administrator resume?
When creating a resume for a Payroll Administrator position, it is important to highlight the skills, experience, and qualifications that are most relevant to the job. Your resume should clearly explain why you are the best candidate for the job. Below are some of the key details that should be included in a Payroll Administrator resume:
- Professional Summary: A short, but powerful summary of your qualifications and reasons for seeking the position.
- Work Experience: A comprehensive listing of relevant experience and roles, including the dates of employment, job duties, and key accomplishments.
- Education and Training: Details of any professional certifications, college degrees, and other relevant training.
- Skills and Knowledge: A list of your key skills and knowledge areas, such as payroll systems and software, financial record-keeping, and payroll regulations.
- Personal Attributes: A list of personal attributes that make you a great fit for the job, such as strong organizational abilities, attention to detail, and excellent communication skills.
- Achievements: A list of awards, honors, and achievements to demonstrate your success in the field of payroll administration.
By including all of the above information in your resume, you will be able to create a compelling document that will make the hiring manager take notice. A well-written resume will help you stand out from the competition and increase your chances of securing the position.
What is a good summary for a Payroll Administrator resume?
A good summary for a Payroll Administrator resume should highlight the candidate’s experience in payroll processes, such as payroll processing, payroll tax filing, data entry, and payroll accounting. The summary should also emphasize the candidate’s excellent communication and customer service skills, as well as their ability to work collaboratively with colleagues. Furthermore, the summary should highlight any skills or certifications that the candidate may have that are related to payroll administration, such as a Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation. A good summary should also explain how the candidate has successfully met payroll deadlines and minimized payroll errors. These details can help the employer understand how the candidate is likely to perform well in the position of a Payroll Administrator.
What is a good objective for a Payroll Administrator resume?
A Payroll Administrator is responsible for the accurate and timely payment of staff salaries, wages, bonuses and deductions. In order to get a good job in this role, you need to have a strong and clear objective for your resume. Here are some examples:
- To secure a Payroll Administrator position in a rapidly growing organization, where my experience in payroll processing, payroll tax compliance and financial reporting will be utilized.
- Seeking a Payroll Administrator position, where my knowledge and expertise in payroll processing and benefits administration will be utilized to help the organization grow.
- Aiming to secure a Payroll Administrator role in a company that values efficiency and accuracy, where my extensive knowledge of payroll regulations and payroll systems can be utilized.
- To utilize my extensive experience in payroll processing, payroll tax compliance and financial reporting to secure a Payroll Administrator position in a dynamic and fast-paced organization.
- To secure a Payroll Administrator position in a challenging and rewarding environment, where my knowledge of payroll systems and experience in payroll processing will be fully utilized.
How do you list Payroll Administrator skills on a resume?
When creating a resume as a Payroll Administrator, it is important to highlight your specific qualifications and skills. This will help you to stand out to potential employers and show that you are the right candidate for the job.
To help you effectively list your skills on your resume, here are some key Payroll Administrator skills to consider:
- Understanding of payroll regulations: As a Payroll Administrator, you must be well-versed in all applicable payroll regulations, such as withholding and taxation.
- Knowledge of payroll software: You should have experience with popular payroll software, such as ADP, QuickBooks, and Sage.
- Excellent communication skills: You must be able to effectively communicate with colleagues, managers, and payroll service providers.
- Attention to detail: You must be able to accurately process payrolls, including verifying calculations and reviewing changes.
- Problem-solving skills: You must be able to troubleshoot any payroll issues and come up with solutions quickly and efficiently.
- Organization skills: You must be organized and able to manage multiple tasks in a timely manner.
By highlighting these Payroll Administrator skills on your resume, you can demonstrate to potential employers that you have the qualifications and experience necessary to be successful in the role.
What skills should I put on my resume for Payroll Administrator?
A Payroll Administrator is responsible for ensuring that employees are paid accurately and on time. As such, it is important to highlight specific skills on your resume that demonstrate your competency in this area. Here are some essential skills to consider including on your resume for a Payroll Administrator position:
- Knowledge of Payroll Administration: A Payroll Administrator should have a thorough understanding of payroll administration laws, regulations, and procedures in order to guarantee accurate and timely payments.
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail: Payroll Administrators should have the ability to correctly input data and verify the accuracy of the information. It is also important to have a keen eye for minute details to ensure compliance with policies and regulations.
- Computer Skills: Since payroll is largely completed and managed electronically, strong computer skills and familiarity with payroll software programs are required.
- Strong Organizational Skills: A Payroll Administrator must be able to manage multiple tasks at once and develop a system to stay organized.
- Excellent Communication Skills: Payroll Administrators need to be able to communicate with colleagues and management in a professional manner and be able to explain payroll policies and procedures to employees.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Payroll Administrators must be able to identify and resolve any discrepancies or errors.
By including these skills on your resume, you can show the potential employer that you have the qualifications and experience necessary to be a successful Payroll Administrator.
Key takeaways for an Payroll Administrator resume
As the most important document of your job search, your resume should clearly demonstrate the skills and experience that make you an ideal candidate for a payroll administrator position. It should be concise, well-organized, and tailored to the specific job you’re applying for. Here are some key takeaways to consider when crafting your resume:
- Highlight Your Payroll Experience: When crafting your resume, make sure to highlight both your technical and administrative experience related to payroll. Include specific software programs and technology you’ve worked with, as well as any experience you have in payroll-related tasks such as calculating deductions, tax withholdings, and withholding payments.
- Show Off Your Organizational Skills: Payroll administrators are highly organized individuals who are able to handle multiple tasks at once. Showcase your organizational skills on your resume by including relevant experience and tasks, such as processing payroll for multiple departments, meeting deadlines, and filing documents.
- Include Your Education: If you have a degree in accounting or finance, make sure to include it on your resume. This will demonstrate to potential employers that you have the skills and knowledge required for a payroll administrator role.
- Demonstrate Your Problem-Solving Abilities: Payroll administrators are regularly required to solve complex problems. Highlight any problem-solving experience you have on your resume and provide examples of how you’ve been able to successfully troubleshoot and solve payroll-related issues in the past.
- Show Your Communication Strengths: As a payroll administrator, you’ll spend a lot of time talking to both internal and external stakeholders. Make sure to showcase your communication strengths on your resume. Include examples and skills that demonstrate your ability to communicate clearly, accurately, and effectively.
By following these key takeaways, you’ll be sure to create a resume that stands out from other candidates and shows potential employers why you’re the ideal candidate for a payroll
Let us help you build
Make your resume more organized and attractive with our Resume Builder