Writing a resume for an Accounts Receivable Clerk position can be a daunting task and often requires careful consideration and patience. Crafting a resume that stands out and effectively showcases your skills, qualifications, and experience is vital to success in the job search process. This guide will provide an overview of what an Accounts Receivable Clerk should include in their resume and offer examples of resumes for various types of Accounts Receivable Clerk positions. By following the advice within this guide, you can create an effective and professional resume that will help you get noticed by potential employers and increase your chances of being hired for the Accounts Receivable Clerk position.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for, be sure to check out our complete library of resume examples.
Start building your dream career today!
Create your professional resume in just 5 minutes with our easy-to-use resume builder!
Accounts Receivable Clerk Resume Examples
Accounts Receivable Clerk
123 Main Street | Anytown, USA 99999 | Phone: (123) 456-7890 | Email: email@example.com
Dynamic Accounts Receivable Clerk with 5+ years of experience in maintaining accurate records of all accounts receivable. Possess excellent skills in communication, problem- solving, and organization. Adept at verifying, allocating and posting payments to accounts in a timely manner. Experienced in preparing monthly billing, invoicing, and aging reports.
- Accounts Receivable
- Financial Reporting
- Data Management
- Problem- Solving
- A/R reconciliation
- Tax Preparation
- Billing & Invoicing
- Credit & Collections
- Accounting Software
Accounts Receivable Clerk, ABC Corporation, Miami, FL, 2017 – Present
- Ensure accurate and timely billing and accounts receivable management.
- Verify, allocate and post payments to accounts.
- Generate monthly closing statements and aging reports.
- Reconcile accounts receivable ledgers and ensure they are accurate.
- Prepare deposits and ensure prompt payments from clients.
- Handle account inquiries and resolve discrepancies in a timely manner.
Accounts Receivable Clerk, XYZ Corporation, Miami, FL, 2016 – 2017
- Maintained accurate records of accounts receivable.
- Assisted in reconciling accounts receivable ledgers.
- Prepared monthly billing and invoicing for clients.
- Analyzed accounts for discrepancies and resolved any issues.
- Processed refunds and credits to accounts.
- Collaborated with department managers on various projects.
Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Florida State University, Miami, FL, 2014 – 2016
Associate of Science in Accounting, Miami Dade College, Miami, FL, 2012 – 2014
Accounts Receivable Clerk Resume with No Experience
A recent college graduate seeking to pursue a career as an Accounts Receivable Clerk. I have a strong knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and am capable of performing a variety of tasks in a fast- paced environment.
- Detail oriented
- Accounting principles
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to multitask
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent time management
- Accurately update customer accounts
- Process and verify customer payments
- Assist with the daily reconciliation of A/R accounts
- Maintain accurate records of customer accounts
- Communicate with customers regarding payment inquiries
- Assist with the month- end close processes
- Perform additional duties as assigned
Accounts Receivable Clerk Resume with 2 Years of Experience
Efficient and organized Accounts Receivable Clerk with two years of experience in finance and accounting. Experienced in handling invoices, accounts reconciliation, and general ledger entries. Possess a highly- developed sense of accuracy and attention to detail. Ability to communicate effectively with customers and maintain positive relationships with clients.
- Accounts Receivable & Payable
- Invoicing & Billing
- Account Reconciliation & Balancing
- General Ledger & Journal Entries
- Inventory Management & Stock Control
- Customer Relationship Management
- Tax Preparation & Reporting
- Data Entry & Administrative Tasks
- Executed daily accounts receivable functions such as invoicing, billing and collections
- Reconciled accounts receivable ledgers by verifying, allocating and posting payments
- Processed and managed payments from customers and suppliers
- Recorded and maintained accurate details of customer accounts
- Generated and issued invoices, credit memos and debit memos
- Assisted in accounts reconciliation, general journal entries and account balancing
- Handled customer inquiries and complaints related to accounts receivable
- Followed- up on payments and collection of past due accounts
- Answered phones, managed emails, and handled other administrative tasks as required
Accounts Receivable Clerk Resume with 5 Years of Experience
I am an experienced Accounts Receivable Clerk with 5 years of experience in working with customers to collect payments, resolving customer inquiries, and maintaining accurate records of transactions. I have an excellent track record of success in reducing delinquent accounts, managing accounts receivable, and generating revenue to achieve organizational goals. I am knowledgeable in a variety of accounting software and I am proficient in problem- solving and conflict resolution. My organizational, communication, and customer service skills make me a great addition to any team.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and customer service skills
- Proficient in problem- solving and conflict resolution
- Knowledgeable in a variety of accounting software
- Experience in collecting payments and providing customer service
- Experience in maintaining accurate records of transactions
- Ability to generate revenue to meet organizational goals
- Manage accounts receivable and ensure timely collection of payments
- Maintain accurate records of payments and customer information
- Resolve customer inquiries and provide excellent customer service
- Analyze customer payment patterns and identify potential risks
- Monitor customer payments and reduce delinquent accounts
- Generate reports for accounts receivable and track progress
- Work with customers to establish payment plans and negotiate settlements
- Reconcile accounts receivable ledgers and distribute payments
Accounts Receivable Clerk Resume with 7 Years of Experience
I am an Accounts Receivable Clerk with 7 years of experience in the accounting field. I have extensive experience with accounts receivable, accounts payable, and collections. I am highly organized and detail- oriented, allowing me to accurately process and manage financial records. I have exceptional communication skills and the ability to interact with customers, vendors, and other financial professionals. I also have experience in preparing financial reports and bank reconciliations, as well as maintaining financial records in a timely manner.
- Accounts Receivable
- Accounts Payable
- Financial Reporting
- Bank Reconciliations
- Customer Service
- Vendor Relations
- Financial Record Maintenance
- Processing accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Handling customer/vendor inquiries and disputes
- Managing collections activities
- Preparing financial reports and bank reconciliations
- Maintaining accurate financial records
- Reconciling accounts and investigating discrepancies
- Ensuring timely payments of invoices
- Reviewing and processing invoices and payments
- Providing excellent customer service
- Assisting with internal and external audits
- Identifying opportunities for process improvement
Accounts Receivable Clerk Resume with 10 Years of Experience
A highly experienced Accounts Receivable Clerk with 10 years of accounting experience. Skilled in accurately entering financial data, creating detailed reports, and streamlining processes. Excellent customer service and communication skills, with a dedication to accuracy and precision. Proven ability to work with minimal supervision and to perform efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Accounting and Financial Reporting
- Data Entry
- Records Management
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Customer Service
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
- Maintain and track all accounts receivable records and adjust customer accounts.
- Reconcile customer accounts and billing discrepancies.
- Provide excellent customer service and respond to customer inquiries.
- Generate customer statements and invoices.
- Identify and analyze credit risk.
- Initiate and process collections.
- Prepare financial reports and analyze account activity.
- Monitor accounts for overdue payments.
- Create and maintain filing systems for financial records.
- Post payments to customer accounts.
- Process customer refunds.
- Follow up on past due accounts.
Accounts Receivable Clerk Resume with 15 Years of Experience
Highly experienced Accounts Receivable Clerk with 15 years of experience in accounts receivable management, data entry, and customer service. Proven ability to accurately and quickly process payments, analyze budgets, and track and reconcile accounts. Expertise in using QuickBooks and Excel to create complex reports and billing statements. A motivated team player with excellent problem- solving, multitasking, and communication skills.
- Accounts receivable management
- Data entry
- Spreadsheet management
- Budget analysis
- Payment processing
- Customer service
- Problem solving
- Process payments and reconcile accounts
- Generate invoices and billing statements
- Follow up on overdue payments and create payment plans
- Respond to customer inquiries and complaints
- Monitor credit balances and allocated payments
- Update and maintain customer accounts
- Analyze budgets and cost reports
- Maintain accurate records of financial transactions
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for senior management
What should be included in a Accounts Receivable Clerk resume?
Writing a resume for an Accounts Receivable Clerk role can be a daunting task. To help you craft the perfect resume, here are some tips and best practices to consider.
- Begin your resume with a succinct, professional summary. This section should be a brief, yet informative description of your qualifications and experience.
- Under the summary, include a list of relevant skills and accomplishments. Make sure to highlight any technical skills, such as knowledge of bookkeeping software, as well as any experience working in a fast-paced environment or with tight deadlines.
- Under the skills section, include a list of your work experience. Be sure to include relevant details, such as the company you worked for and your job title.
- Under the experience section, list any educational qualifications and certifications you have obtained. This can include any accounting, bookkeeping, or business-related degrees.
- Finally, be sure to include any additional details that you think would be beneficial for your application. This can include awards, volunteer experience, or other accomplishments.
By following these tips and best practices, you can craft an effective resume that will help you stand out from other applicants and land an accounting job. Good luck!
What is a good summary for a Accounts Receivable Clerk resume?
An effective summary for an Accounts Receivable Clerk resume should provide a brief overview of the candidate’s experience, skills, and accomplishments. The summary should include the candidate’s background in accounting, their experience with data entry, accounts receivable and reconciliation, and their ability to handle collections. Additionally, the summary should demonstrate the candidate’s knowledge of accounting principles, problem-solving skills, and customer service acumen. The summary should provide a comprehensive, but concise, summary of the candidate’s best qualifications and why they are the best candidate for the job.
What is a good objective for a Accounts Receivable Clerk resume?
Writing a resume for an Accounts Receivable Clerk position can be challenging when you’re unsure of what to include and how to word it. In order to get noticed by employers, you must have an objective statement that demonstrates your qualifications and commitment to the job. Here are some examples of objectives that you can use for your Accounts Receivable Clerk resume:
- To utilize my experience and knowledge of accounting principles to accurately and efficiently manage Accounts Receivable for a reputable organization.
- Seeking a challenging position in Accounts Receivable at a growing organization that values my commitment to meeting deadlines and customer satisfaction.
- To obtain an Accounts Receivable role with a team-oriented company that offers the opportunity to exercise my problem-solving, organizational, and customer service skills.
- To secure a challenging and rewarding position in Accounts Receivable that allows me to utilize my experience and expertise to ensure a high level of accuracy and customer service.
- A highly motivated individual seeking a position in Accounts Receivable that requires accuracy, attention to detail, and customer service satisfaction.
By including an objective statement on your Accounts Receivable Clerk resume, you can demonstrate to employers that you have the necessary skills to excel in that role. Make sure that your objective is tailored to the job you are applying for, and highlight any relevant experience or qualifications that you possess.
How do you list Accounts Receivable Clerk skills on a resume?
When creating a resume as an Accounts Receivable Clerk, it is important to include a skills section that showcases the abilities you possess that make you a valuable asset in this position. Here are several examples of skills to consider listing on an Accounts Receivable Clerk resume:
- Proficiency in accounting software: Showcase your ability to use specialized accounting software, such as QuickBooks, Sage, or any other software you may be knowledgeable in.
- Attention to detail: Detail-oriented individuals are highly sought after in the accounts receivable field. Highlight your ability to double check and review documents to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Communication: Demonstrate your ability to effectively communicate with customers, colleagues, and management.
- Problem-solving: Accounts receivable clerks must be able to identify issues and resolve them in a timely manner. Showcase your problem-solving skills to demonstrate your value.
- Time management: Every accounts receivable clerk must possess the ability to balance multiple tasks and prioritize deadlines.
- Organization: Accounts receivable clerks are constantly dealing with large amounts of data and paperwork. Highlight your ability to organize and manage files with ease.
By listing the skills mentioned above on an Accounts Receivable Clerk resume, you can show potential employers that you possess the necessary skills required to be successful in this position. Good luck!
What skills should I put on my resume for Accounts Receivable Clerk?
As an Accounts Receivable Clerk, you are responsible for a variety of tasks in a company’s accounting department. It is essential to showcase the skills that demonstrate your ability to manage this important role. The following are some of the key skills to include on your resume for an Accounts Receivable Clerk:
- Accounting Knowledge: An Accounts Receivable Clerk must have a solid understanding of basic accounting principles and procedures. You should include any courses or training you have taken in accounting, as well as any experience you have in a related role.
- Organizational Skills: You will be responsible for managing large volumes of documents and data, so it is important to demonstrate your ability to stay organized.
- Attention to Detail: You must be able to review and process documents accurately, so it is important to showcase your attention to detail.
- Analytical Thinking: You will be responsible for making decisions based on data and documents. Showing that you are able to analyze complex information and make sound decisions is essential.
- Communication Skills: You will be interacting with customers, colleagues, and other departments. Including your ability to communicate effectively will be beneficial.
- Problem-Solving: You must be able to solve any issues that arise during the accounting process. Showing your aptitude for problem-solving will be beneficial.
By highlighting your skills in these areas, you can demonstrate to potential employers that you have what it takes to excel as an Accounts Receivable Clerk.
Key takeaways for an Accounts Receivable Clerk resume
Building an effective resume is one of the most important steps in the job seeking process. An accounts receivable clerk is responsible for managing a company’s accounts receivable and is typically tasked with billing, allocating payments, and reconciling accounts. Crafting a successful resume for this position requires a focus on the key skills and experience that will make you an asset to a potential employer. Here are some key takeaways to keep in mind when crafting an accounts receivable clerk resume:
- Highlight Your Accounting Skills: Accounts receivable clerks are responsible for a wide range of accounting tasks, so it’s essential to emphasize your mathematical and accounting abilities. Focus on any accounting-related coursework you’ve completed, accounting certifications you possess, and any software or systems you have experience with.
- Showcase Your Organizational Skills: Accounts receivable clerks must have a high level of organizational skills to be successful. Showcase your ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize work, and stay organized by listing any relevant experience on your resume.
- Demonstrate Your Attention to Detail: Working with numbers involves a great deal of precision, and potential employers need to know that you can be relied upon to get the details right. If you have experience proofreading documents or auditing accounts, make sure to include this on your resume.
- Detail Your Communication Skills: Communication is a crucial part of being an accounts receivable clerk, as you’ll be working closely with clients and colleagues to resolve any payment issues. Make sure to emphasize any customer service experience you have, as well as any communication-related classes or certifications.
These are just a few of the key takeaways to keep in mind when crafting an accounts receivable clerk resume. By emphasizing the right skills and experience, you can make sure that your resume does a good job of highlighting why you’re the ideal candidate for the job.
Let us help you build
Make your resume more organized and attractive with our Resume Builder