Are you an Administrative Support Specialist looking for a job? You will need to create a resume that stands out from the competition. An effective resume should showcase your qualifications and highlight your professional achievements. This guide will provide useful tips and examples on how to write an outstanding Administrative Support Specialist resume. This guide will also help you identify important elements to include such as your skills, experience, accomplishments, and education. By following the advice in this guide, you will be well on your way to creating a winning resume that will get you the job you’re applying for.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for, be sure to check out our complete library of resume examples.
Start building your dream career today!
Create your professional resume in just 5 minutes with our easy-to-use resume builder!
Administrative Support Specialist Resume Examples
Administrative Support Specialist
123 Main Street | Anytown, USA 99999 | Phone: (123) 456-7890 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Highly organized and detail- oriented Administrative Support Specialist with 8+ years of experience in providing administrative and clerical support to ensure effective operations. Possesses excellent organizational skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office software. Experience includes scheduling meetings, preparing documents, and handling customer inquiries. Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast- paced environment to accomplish tasks and meet deadlines.
- Filing and document management
- Data entry and recordkeeping
- Scheduling and calendar management
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Customer service and support
- Inventory management
- Data analysis and reporting
- Written and verbal communication
ABC Corporation, Administrative Support Specialist, San Francisco, CA
- Provided administrative support to multiple departments, including human resources, finance, and marketing
- Managed calendars, scheduled meetings, and organized travel arrangements for executive staff
- Coordinated and maintained office supplies, equipment, and inventory
- Assisted in the preparation of documents and reports, as needed
- Answered customer inquiries and resolved customer service issues
XYZ Corporation, Administrative Assistant, San Francisco, CA
- Collaborated with multiple departments to ensure smooth daily operations
- Organized documents, updated records, and performed data entry
- Performed various clerical tasks, including filing and photocopying
- Greeted customers, answered phones, and managed incoming/outgoing mail
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, San Francisco State University, San Francisco, CA
Administrative Support Specialist Resume with No Experience
Recently graduated student with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, seeking to develop a career as an Administrative Support Specialist. Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and a keen eye for detail.
- Data Entry
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Customer Service
- Organizational Skills
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Written and Verbal Communication
- Answering phones in a professional manner
- Greeting customers and clients
- Managing incoming and outgoing mail
- Scheduling meetings
- Creating documents and spreadsheets
- Assisting with research and special projects
- Organizing and maintaining files
- Coordinating travel arrangements
- Providing administrative support to colleagues
- Handling sensitive and confidential information
- Perform basic bookkeeping tasks as needed.
Administrative Support Specialist Resume with 2 Years of Experience
A highly organized and detail- oriented Administrative Support Specialist with 2 years of experience providing administrative and clerical support to teams. Adept at managing multiple tasks and efficiently organizing documents, records, and data. Proficient in MS Office Suite, Google Suite, and several social media platforms. Possesses excellent communication, problem- solving, and customer service skills.
- Data Entry
- MS Office Suite
- Google Suite
- Social Media Platforms
- Problem- Solving
- Customer Service
- Greeted and assisted visitors
- Organized and filed documents and records
- Answered phone calls and handled customer inquiries
- Managed data entry of customer information
- Sorted and distributed incoming mail
- Scheduled meetings and appointments
- Provided administrative support for staff and teams
- Created spreadsheets and documents using MS Office Suite and Google Suite
Administrative Support Specialist Resume with 5 Years of Experience
A highly organized, detail- oriented Administrative Support Specialist with over 5 years of experience in providing administrative and operational support to executive- level staff and departments. Skilled at developing and following effective processes and procedures to improve the overall efficiency of the office. Possesses excellent organizational and communication skills, a strong work ethic, and the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and other software applications
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Strong customer service orientation
- Proactive problem- solving ability
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Provide administrative support to executive- level staff and departments
- Maintain filing and records management systems
- Schedule and coordinate internal and external meetings
- Organize and manage office operations and supplies
- Perform general office duties, such as sorting mail, ordering supplies, and answering phones
- Handle confidential documents and information in a discreet and professional manner
- Perform other duties as assigned
Administrative Support Specialist Resume with 7 Years of Experience
A highly organized and efficient Administrative Support Specialist with 7 years of experience providing exceptional support in a variety of roles. Possesses a thorough knowledge of administrative procedures, excellent organizational and problem- solving skills, and an unwavering commitment to providing superior customer service. Well- versed in the use of a broad range of computer software and new technologies, such as MS Office Suite, databases, and communication tools. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively with people from all backgrounds.
- Superb organizational skills
- Outstanding customer service
- Advanced computer proficiency
- Excellent problem- solving skills
- Highly- developed communication skills
- Professional attitude
- Ability to multi- task
- Conflict resolution
- Detail- oriented
- Assisted in the development, implementation and maintenance of administrative processes and procedures.
- Managed daily office operations, including filing, data entry, and record management.
- Assisted in the preparation of various reports, proposals, presentations, and other documents.
- Answered customer inquiries and provided excellent customer service.
- Scheduled and coordinated meetings and events.
- Liaised with vendors, customers and other external stakeholders.
- Developed and maintained comprehensive filing systems.
- Processed invoices, purchase orders and other documents.
- Performed other administrative tasks as needed.
Administrative Support Specialist Resume with 10 Years of Experience
Administrative Support Specialist with 10+ years of office management and customer service experience. Possesses a comprehensive knowledge of administrative processes and procedures, as well as a hospitality- minded attitude. Highly organized and detail- oriented with a focus on streamlining operations and providing quality service.
- Analytical and problem solving
- Data entry and management
- Customer service
- MS Office proficient
- Strong communication skills
- Project management
- Process and procedure development
- Conflict resolution
- Time management
- Greeted, assisted, and directed incoming customers or clients
- Reconciled discrepancies in invoices, purchase orders, and other documents
- Handled accounts payable and receivable, including accounts reconciliation
- Scheduled and tracked maintenance, repairs, and other related services
- Created and maintained filing systems, both electronic and hard- copy
- Prepared reports, spreadsheets, and presentations using MS Office Suite
- Performed general office duties such as copying, faxing, and mailing
- Provided administrative support to management and other staff
- Answered incoming calls and assisted customers with inquiries
- Assisted in the implementation of organizational policies and procedures
- Maintained inventory of office supplies and placed orders when necessary
- Assisted in scheduling meetings and preparing agendas
Administrative Support Specialist Resume with 15 Years of Experience
I am an experienced Administrative Support Specialist with over 15 years of successful experience providing organizational and office management support. I am an experienced administrative professional with a proven track record of providing top- notch support to both corporate and government clients. My areas of specialty include document preparation, records management, correspondence review, calendar management, and customer service. In addition, I have extensive experience in office automation and working with various computer programs and systems. I am highly organized, detail- oriented, and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong office management experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- High degree of accuracy in document preparation
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities
- Capable of maintaining records and filing systems
- Manage calendar appointments, meetings, and travel arrangements.
- Review and assort incoming correspondence and prepare responses.
- Provide administrative assistance to internal and external customers.
- Maintain confidential records and filing systems.
- Develop and prepare reports, memos, and presentations.
- Perform general office duties including answering phones, ordering supplies, and making copies.
- Coordinate events and meetings as needed.
- Assist with the development of new systems and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What should be included in a Administrative Support Specialist resume?
A resume for an Administrative Support Specialist is an important document that will help you to stand out from the competition. To be successful in this role, you must have a strong background in administrative support and be highly organized. In addition to highlighting your skills and experience, a good Administrative Support Specialist resume should also include:
- Professional summary: A brief statement that outlines your qualifications, experience, and skill set that makes you a great candidate for the role.
- Education: List any post-secondary education as well as any certificates or certifications you may have obtained.
- Work Experience: Detail any prior positions you have held in administration support and highlight any successes or accomplishments you have achieved in those roles.
- Relevant Skills: Include any computer skills, software proficiency, or other technical abilities that you can bring to the table.
- Professional References: Provide contact information for several references who can vouch for your professional capabilities.
By making sure to include all of the above components in your resume, you will be able to create an effective and compelling document that will help you to stand out to potential employers.
What is a good summary for a Administrative Support Specialist resume?
A well-crafted summary for an Administrative Support Specialist resume should highlight a candidate’s extensive experience providing general office and administrative support. It should also emphasize their ability to multitask, stay organized, and collaborate with both colleagues and clients to ensure that tasks are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
The summary should also include any technical skills or software proficiency the candidate may have acquired such as proficiency in platforms like Microsoft Office or Quickbooks. It should also detail any additional job responsibilities the candidate has held such as event planning, bookkeeping, or data entry.
By providing a concise yet comprehensive overview of their talents and qualifications, an Administrative Support Specialist resume summary should demonstrate to potential employers the candidate’s ability to contribute to the company’s success.
What is a good objective for a Administrative Support Specialist resume?
A job as an Administrative Support Specialist is an important role in an organization, providing support to a variety of tasks. Having a strong objective statement on your resume is an important part of standing out to potential employers. Here are some objectives to consider including on your resume:
- To utilize my organizational and administrative skills to provide efficient and quality support to the team
- To apply my knowledge of administrative processes and procedures to streamline and improve the effectiveness of the office
- To effectively apply my communication and interpersonal skills to support staff and collaborate with external stakeholders
- To use my problem solving and analytical skills to resolve issues quickly and help keep the office running smoothly
- To leverage my experience with computer systems and software to help create and maintain accurate records
- To employ my enthusiasm for continuous learning to stay up-to-date on the latest administrative technologies and best practices
How do you list Administrative Support Specialist skills on a resume?
Administrative Support Specialists play an important role in ensuring an office functions smoothly and efficiently. Many of their skills are transferable and can be used in a variety of office tasks. When crafting a resume for an Administrative Support Specialist job, it’s important to highlight the skills and experiences that make you a strong candidate. Here’s how to list your Administrative Support Specialist skills on a resume:
- Highly organized and detail-oriented: Administrative Support Specialists are responsible for organizing and maintaining office documents, as well as coordinating activities and maintaining schedules. Show off your organizational skills by including past experiences where you successfully juggled multiple tasks and maintained an organized office.
- Strong communication skills: Administrative Support Specialists act as the main point of contact for customers, vendors, and other stakeholders. Show off your communication skills by including examples of how you effectively handled customer inquiries and other interactions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other office software: Most Administrative Support Specialists are required to have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other office software. Highlight your expertise in this area by listing the software you’re familiar with and including any related certifications you’ve earned.
- Invoicing and bookkeeping: Many Administrative Support Specialists are responsible for managing the invoicing and bookkeeping for the office. Explain your experience in this area by including past experiences where you successfully managed accounts receivable and payable.
- Adaptability and problem-solving: As the office’s go-to person, Administrative Support Specialists often find themselves tasked with solving problems and adapting to changing conditions. Show off your problem-solving skills by including experiences where you successfully overcame a challenge or adapted to a new situation.
What skills should I put on my resume for Administrative Support Specialist?
When it comes to crafting a resume for an Administrative Support Specialist role, you want to make sure that your skills and abilities are accurately represented. This will help you stand out from other applicants and give potential employers a better understanding of your qualifications. Here are some of the key skills to consider putting on your resume for an Administrative Support Specialist role:
- Great customer service: As an Administrative Support Specialist, you will be expected to communicate with customers and handle their inquiries in a professional and knowledgeable manner.
- Knowledge of administrative processes: It’s important to have an understanding of standard office processes and protocols, such as filing, data entry, customer service, and customer communication.
- Computer proficiency: Administrative Support Specialists should have an in-depth understanding of commonly used computer systems, software, and applications.
- Organization: Being well-organized and detail-oriented are important skills that can help an Administrative Support Specialist stay on top of their tasks and duties.
- Ability to work under pressure: Working in an administrative role often requires the ability to stay focused and remain on task even when under pressure.
By highlighting these skills on your resume, you can demonstrate to potential employers that you have the qualifications and abilities to excel in an Administrative Support Specialist role.
Key takeaways for an Administrative Support Specialist resume
Writing a resume for an Administrative Support Specialist role can be a daunting task. After all, you have to make sure that your resume is tailored to the job you’re applying for and stands out from the other applicants. To help you get started, here are some key takeaways for creating an effective resume for an Administrative Support Specialist position.
- Highlight your key skills and accomplishments. This is one of the most important elements of a resume, so make sure to include any job-specific skills, certifications, and accomplishments that will demonstrate how qualified you are for the role.
- Focus on your ability to multitask. As an Administrative Support Specialist, you need to be able to juggle multiple tasks at the same time. Make sure to highlight your ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Showcase your organizational skills. As an Administrative Support Specialist, you will be responsible for managing multiple tasks and projects. Be sure to emphasize your organizational skills, such as your ability to stay organized, manage multiple deadlines, and maintain detailed records.
- Prove your technical skills. Many Administrative Support Specialist roles involve using specific software and tools. Make sure to highlight any technical skills you have, such as proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, or other software packages.
- Provide concrete examples of your work. Don’t just list skills and accomplishments—provide concrete examples that show how you have applied your skills and achieved results.
By following these tips, you can create a strong resume that will help you stand out from the crowd and get the attention of hiring managers. Good luck!
Let us help you build
Make your resume more organized and attractive with our Resume Builder