Writing a resume for a receptionist and administrative assistant role is a challenging task. It’s important to present your skills and experience in a way that will set you apart from other applicants and make you stand out from the competition. But there are certain tips and tricks to consider when writing a resume for a receptionist position. Understanding the job requirements and making sure to include relevant keywords and phrases are key elements to crafting a resume that will grab the attention of the hiring manager. This guide will provide examples and helpful advice on writing an effective receptionist and administrative assistant resume that will help get you noticed.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for, be sure to check out our complete library of resume examples.
Start building your dream career today!
Create your professional resume in just 5 minutes with our easy-to-use resume builder!
Receptionist And Administrative Assistant Resume Examples
Receptionist And Administrative Assistant
123 Main Street | Anytown, USA 99999 | Phone: (123) 456-7890 | Email: email@example.com
I am an experienced Receptionist and Administrative Assistant with great interpersonal skills, effective communication and problem- solving abilities. I am well- versed in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook, and have a knack for multitasking and staying organized in a fast- paced environment. I am a proactive and self- motivated professional, capable of handling diverse tasks and working independently. I am confident that I can be an asset to any organization in the role of a Receptionist and Administrative Assistant.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities
- Exceptional problem- solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Accurate data entry and record- keeping
- Superior customer service and telephone etiquette
Receptionist and Administrative Assistant, ABC Company – June 2014 to Present
- Greet and register guests and clients in a professional manner
- Record and manage important documents and data into the system
- Answer and direct incoming calls, emails and online inquiries
- Assist with the coordination of internal and external meetings
- Prepare documents, spreadsheets and presentations as required
- Handle administrative tasks, such as bookkeeping and filing
- Ensure the reception area is organized and presentable
Associate’s Degree in Business Administration, ABC University – June 2011
Receptionist And Administrative Assistant Resume with No Experience
Recent college graduate seeks a Receptionist and Administrative Assistant position to utilize my strong interpersonal and organizational skills to benefit an organization. I am highly organized, with strong problem solving and multitasking abilities, and have a passion for helping others.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experienced in data entry
- Proficient in using Microsoft Suite applications
- Highly organized and detail- oriented
- Ability to multitask efficiently
- Strong problem- solving skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Greeting and directing visitors
- Answering and transferring phone calls
- Managing incoming and outgoing mail
- Scheduling appointments
- Maintaining filing systems
- Providing administrative and clerical support
- Performing data entry tasks
- Ordering office supplies
Receptionist And Administrative Assistant Resume with 2 Years of Experience
I am an experienced Receptionist and Administrative Assistant with two years experience in providing outstanding customer service, handling administrative duties and managing office activities. I offer excellent communication skills, computer proficiency and the ability to multi- task in a fast- paced environment. I bring a strong work ethic and commitment to efficiently completing projects and tasks.
- Front Desk Reception
- Data Entry
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Customer Service
- Problem Solving
- Greeted visitors, answered and directed inquiries in a professional manner
- Provided administrative support to all departments
- Managed incoming and outgoing mail and packages
- Coordinated and scheduled travel arrangements
- Assisted in all general office duties, filing, data entry, and customer service
- Prepared presentations, reports, and other documents, as needed
- Provided accounting support such as invoicing, reconciliations, and data entry
- Coordinated special events and meetings, including preparing agendas, organizing catering, and scheduling
- Performed basic office equipment maintenance and troubleshooting
Receptionist And Administrative Assistant Resume with 5 Years of Experience
A highly competent and organized Receptionist and Administrative Assistant with 5+ years of experience in performing a variety of administrative and office support activities. Possess excellent customer service and communication skills, with the ability to organize, prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Superb organizational, administrative and clerical skills
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast- paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to follow instructions accurately and efficiently
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Managing the reception area including attending to visitors, and answering telephone calls
- Handling the daily mail, deliveries, and dispatching
- Assist in handling general administration duties, such as filing, typing, copying documents, scanning, faxing, and dispatching
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings, appointments and travel arrangements
- Maintaining filing system, both hardcopy and electronic
- Assisting with other administrative tasks, as needed
- Assisting with data entry, preparing reports, and creating presentations
- Providing support to other departments and personnel, as required
Receptionist And Administrative Assistant Resume with 7 Years of Experience
Highly organized, efficient, and dependable Receptionist and Administrative Assistant with 7 years of experience in providing quality administrative support. Experienced in handling sensitive information in a confidential manner, performing multifaceted tasks such as fielding phone calls, providing customer service and maintaining office supplies. Possesses excellent communication and organizational skills, as well as possesses the ability to focus on details while managing multiple tasks under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills
- Detail- oriented
- Ability to multitask
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Excellent customer service skills
- Confident and professional demeanor
- Greeted customers upon arrival and took care of their needs
- Answered incoming calls and transferred them to the appropriate department
- Scheduled meetings and appointments for the office staff
- Assisted in the preparation of presentations and reports
- Assisted with filing, scanning, and other administrative tasks
- Managed office supplies and restocked them as needed
- Maintained a clean and organized workspace
- Coordinated with vendors to ensure that all office supplies were ordered and delivered on time
Receptionist And Administrative Assistant Resume with 10 Years of Experience
Highly organized and detail- oriented professional with 10 years of experience as a receptionist and administrative assistant. Skilled in maintaining excellent customer service for both clients and colleagues, and in providing a wide range of support to ensure smooth office operations. Experienced in booking travel, scheduling meetings, and managing databases. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and office administration software.
- Exceptional customer service
- Multi- tasking
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Managing databases
- Scheduling meetings
- Booking travel
- Answer incoming calls and greet customers in a professional manner
- Manage calendars and organize meetings
- Book travel for staff and customers
- Create, update, and maintain administrative databases and records
- Create and distribute office memos and other correspondence
- Maintain office supplies and equipment
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail
- Process customer orders and invoices
- Prepare and submit reports as requested
Receptionist And Administrative Assistant Resume with 15 Years of Experience
A highly motivated and organized professional with over 15 years of experience in providing administrative and receptionist services in busy office settings. Possesses a professional attitude, excellent customer service and communication skills, and a proven ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information. Experienced in handling multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously, as well as developing and implementing processes and procedures to increase efficiency.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Highly proficient in MS Office Suite
- Attention to detail
- Data entry and filing
- Excellent customer service
- Strong time management
- Ability to multi- task
- Management of office supplies
- Greet and welcome guests and clients
- Answer, screen, and transfer phone calls
- Take detailed messages
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments, and travel arrangements
- Organize and maintain office filing system
- Data entry and filing of documents
- Coordinate office activities to ensure maximum efficiency
- Assist with special projects as requested
- Maintain office equipment and supplies
- Provide general administrative and clerical support
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
What should be included in a Receptionist And Administrative Assistant resume?
A Receptionist and Administrative Assistant resume should highlight the unique qualifications and skills that you can bring to the business. To make sure your resume stands out, it should include the following key points:
- Education: Include your educational background, listing any relevant degrees, certifications, and courses that you have completed.
- Experience: Include your professional experience and highlight any positions that you held at a receptionist or administrative assistant role. Describe the duties and responsibilities of the role and add any related achievements.
- Technical Skills: List the software and technology that you are familiar with and proficient in using, such as word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and customer relation management systems.
- Interpersonal Skills: Describe your communication and interpersonal skills, such as communication, customer service, problem-solving, and time management.
- Professional Affiliations: List any professional memberships and affiliations that you hold.
- Additional Skills: Include any other skills that you have, such as multitasking, research, and organizational skills.
By including these key points in your resume, you can ensure that you highlight your qualifications and stand out from the competition.
What is a good summary for a Receptionist And Administrative Assistant resume?
A good summary for a receptionist and administrative assistant resume should include skills and qualifications that demonstrate the individual’s ability to handle a variety of tasks, such as customer service, scheduling, data entry, filing, and other office duties. It should also include experience in answering phones and working with computers, along with any special skills such as bilingual fluency or knowledge of specific software programs. The summary should be written in a clear and concise manner, highlighting the most important and relevant skills and experiences. Additionally, the summary should also emphasize the individual’s excellent written and verbal communication abilities, customer service expertise, and organizational skills.
What is a good objective for a Receptionist And Administrative Assistant resume?
A receptionist and administrative assistant is an important role that helps ensure the smooth running of any organization. When writing a resume for this position, it is important to have an effective objective statement that can draw the attention of employers. Here are some good objectives for a Receptionist and Administrative Assistant resume:
- To utilize strong organizational and communication skills to effectively welcome visitors and answer phone calls.
- To use my experience in customer service and office administration to become an invaluable asset to the team.
- To bring excellent customer service skills and organizational abilities to the table and provide exceptional receptionist and administrative support.
- To leverage knowledge of office operations to provide a high level of customer service and help streamline daily tasks.
- To utilize excellent organizational skills and multitasking abilities to provide efficient administrative support to the team.
- To utilize strong communication and organizational skills to help support the daily operations of the company.
- To help ensure the efficient running of the office while providing the highest level of customer service.
- To use my experience in customer service and office administration to help streamline daily operations and ensure the smooth running of the office.
- To provide a high level of customer service and administrative support to the team to help ensure the efficient running of the office.
- To utilize my strong communication and multitasking skills to provide exceptional receptionist and administrative support.
By using one of these objectives for your Receptionist and Administrative Assistant resume, you can make sure that your resume stands out from the crowd. This will give you a better chance of catching the eye of potential employers and landing the job.
How do you list Receptionist And Administrative Assistant skills on a resume?
symbol.Receptionist and administrative assistants play a vital role in many businesses. They are often the face and voice of the company, handling front desk duties, answering and directing phone calls, and providing general support. When applying for a receptionist or administrative assistant position, it is important to highlight your skills in your resume. Here is a guide to listing your key skills and strengths on a resume:
- Organizational Skills: Being an administrative assistant or receptionist requires excellent organizational skills. Make sure to list skills such as scheduling appointments, managing files, and organizing data.
- Communication Skills: Your ability to communicate effectively is key in these roles. Emphasize your exceptional verbal and written communication skills, as well as your ability to dialogue with people of all ages.
- Tech Savvy: Technology is a large part of many workplaces today. Make sure to list proficiency in Microsoft Office, as well as any other knowledge of office software you may have.
- Problem Solving: Administrative assistants and receptionists must often resolve issues with customers or clients. Show off your problem-solving abilities to demonstrate how you can effectively handle difficult situations.
- Customer Service: The ability to provide excellent customer service is a must for these roles. List your experience providing customer service, as well as any awards or certifications you have for customer service.
These are some of the skills to list when applying for a receptionist or administrative assistant job. Be sure to highlight any relevant experience and qualifications you have to make your resume stand out from the rest.
What skills should I put on my resume for Receptionist And Administrative Assistant?
When applying for Receptionist and Administrative Assistant positions, it is important to make sure you showcase the skills that employers are looking for. Your resume should demonstrate that you possess the necessary technical and soft skills, as well as any other qualifications and experience that could set you apart from the competition.
When listing your skills on your resume, make sure to include the following:
- Excellent communication: As a Receptionist and Administrative Assistant, you need to be able to clearly and effectively communicate with the public and other staff members.
- Computer literacy: You need to be able to confidently and accurately use computers and other office technology, such as printers and scanners.
- Organization: You will be required to organize and manage files, paperwork, schedules and other administrative tasks.
- Multi-tasking: As a Receptionist and Administrative Assistant, you will be required to juggle multiple tasks at once.
- Professionalism: You will be the first point of contact for visitors, so you need to be professional, friendly and courteous.
- Problem-solving: You need to be able to think on your feet and quickly find solutions to any problems that arise.
- Time management: You will be expected to manage your own time, as well as handle any scheduling issues that come up.
These are the key skills that employers look for when hiring for Receptionist and Administrative Assistant positions. If you possess these skills, make sure to list them prominently on your resume. Doing so will help you stand out from the competition and highlight why you are the ideal candidate for the job.
Key takeaways for an Receptionist And Administrative Assistant resume
When it comes to crafting a resume as a receptionist and administrative assistant, there are certain key takeaways you should keep in mind. From highlighting the right skills and qualifications to the proper formatting, your resume can be an effective tool in getting you the job. Here are some key takeaways you should keep in mind when writing a resume for this role.
First, you should focus on highlighting your communication skills. As a receptionist and administrative assistant, you’ll need to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other personnel. This means that you should emphasize your ability to communicate professionally, both orally and in writing.
Second, you should emphasize your organization and multitasking skills. This position requires you to work quickly and efficiently on multiple tasks. Showing that you have the ability to prioritize tasks and stay organized can demonstrate your value as a potential employee.
Third, you should include any relevant certifications or licenses that are applicable to the role. These can include professional certifications or licenses, as well as any certifications or licenses related to the software or hardware you’re comfortable working with.
Finally, you should ensure that your resume is formatted properly. This means that you should be consistent in the font, spacing, and margins, and that you should avoid using complex layouts or designs.
By following the key takeaways discussed above, you can craft an effective resume that will help you stand out as a receptionist and administrative assistant.
Let us help you build
Make your resume more organized and attractive with our Resume Builder