Writing a resume for an office intern position can be challenging, especially if you’re a student or recent graduate with limited professional experience. However, with the right approach, you can craft a resume that showcases your transferable skills and emphasize your accomplishments, showcasing why you are the perfect fit for the position. In this blog post, we’ll give you a step-by-step guide on how to create an office intern resume that will stand out to employers and make a great first impression. We’ll also provide you with some example resumes to help you get started.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for, be sure to check out our complete library of resume examples.
Start building your dream career today!
Create your professional resume in just 5 minutes with our easy-to-use resume builder!
Office Intern Resume Examples
123 Main Street | Anytown, USA 99999 | Phone: (123) 456-7890 | Email: email@example.com
I am a recent college graduate with two years of professional experience as an office intern. During my work experience, I have developed a variety of skills such as organization, customer service, data entry and filing. My time as an intern has given me the ability to learn quickly, think critically and collaborate successfully with my coworkers. Additionally, I have a strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills and the ability to take initiative and work independently. I am a highly motivated and organized individual who is eager to contribute to the success of an organization.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Data Entry
- Filing and Record Keeping
- Scheduling and Calendar Management
- Organization and Time Management
- Customer Service and Interpersonal Communications
Office Intern, XYZ Companies, Inc.
- Supported day- to- day operations such as filing, data entry, and customer service.
- Improved departmental organization by implementing filing systems and streamlining processes.
- Developed customer service skills by responding to customer inquiries and resolving complaints.
- Collaborated with staff on projects and tasks to ensure deadlines were met.
Office Intern, ABC Industries, Ltd.
- Assisted with administrative tasks including scheduling, filing, data entry and answering phones.
- Developed and maintained a filing system to increase office efficiency.
- Collaborated with other departments to ensure deadlines were met.
- Improved customer service by responding to customer inquiries.
Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration, University of ABC, 2021
Office Intern Resume with No Experience
- Recent College Graduate with an interest in expanding knowledge of office administration and organization as an Office Intern
- Highly organized, motivated and eager to learn
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Provided administrative support to office personnel
- Assisted with filing, data entry, preparing documents and reports
- Supported office staff in organizing and updating systems
- Processed incoming and outgoing mail and couriers
- Answered phones and directed calls accordingly
Office Intern Resume with 2 Years of Experience
Dynamic, high- energy office intern with 2 years of experience in providing administrative and clerical support. Proven ability to organize and prioritize tasks in a fast- paced work environment while managing multiple projects and deadlines. Adept at creating and maintaining filing systems, analyzing data, drafting documents and reports, and conducting research.
- Administrative duties
- Data entry and analysis
- Research and fact- checking
- Filing systems
- Maintaining records
- Preparing documents and reports
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Problem- solving
- Provided administrative and clerical support
- Created documents, reports, and presentations
- Managed multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Organized and prioritized tasks
- Maintained filing systems and records
- Inputted data accurately into databases
- Conducted research and fact- checking
- Prepared memos, emails, letters, and other correspondence
- Assisted in the preparation of meetings and events
Office Intern Resume with 5 Years of Experience
Motivated and organized Office Intern with 5 years of experience in office administration. Proven ability to manage multiple projects at once and prioritize tasks to ensure that deadlines are met. Highly organized and detail- oriented, with a strong ability to develop and maintain efficient systems for tasks such as filing, data entry, and document organization. Experience in customer service and problem solving in fast- paced environments.
- Organizational Skills
- Data Entry
- Customer Service
- Computer Literacy
- Document Management
- Time Management
- Multi- tasking
- Assisted with management of multiple projects simultaneously
- Provided customer service to clients
- Maintained filing and organization of business documents
- Performed data entry duties and updated customer information in databases
- Inputted orders accurately and efficiently
- Streamlined existing processes and procedures
- Assisted with general office task such as scanning and photocopying documents
- Managed correspondence and proofread documents
Office Intern Resume with 7 Years of Experience
A highly motivated and organized office intern with 7 years of experience in assisting with administrative tasks, managing office supplies, and providing excellent customer service. Possess excellent communication skills and the ability to think quickly and problem solve. Energetic and eager to take on any challenge presented, with a demonstrated ability to streamline processes and carry out clerical assignments with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Familiarity with office equipment and general office procedures
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure
- Answered phones and greeted visitors in a pleasant and professional manner
- Provided administrative support to management and other departments
- Sorted, opened and distributed incoming mail
- Organized and filed documents and records in an efficient manner
- Organized and stocked office supplies
- Made travel arrangements for employees
- Maintained calendars, scheduled appointments, and managed databases
- Assisted with various projects and other tasks as assigned
Office Intern Resume with 10 Years of Experience
Accomplished Office Intern with 10 years of experience providing administrative support to management teams, sales departments, and customer service departments. Highly skilled in customer relations, problem- solving, multitasking, and time management. Experienced in data entry, scheduling, and creating and maintaining filing systems. Highly organized and detail- oriented, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Administrative Support
- Customer Relations
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
- Data Entry
- Filing Systems
- Interpersonal Skills
- Answered and directed incoming calls and managed customer inquiries
- Created, maintained and updated filing systems
- Assisted in the creation of reports, presentations, and other documents
- Assisted in sales department operations by inputting customer purchases into databases
- Ensured office supplies were ordered and inventoried
- Scheduled appointments and meetings for management
- Acted as a liaison between management and staff
- Provided administrative support for customer service inquiries
- Performed data entry and maintained accurate records
- Assisted with event planning and coordinating
- Organized and managed company databases and files
- Provided support to departments within the organization
Office Intern Resume with 15 Years of Experience
I am an experienced Office Intern with over 15 years of experience in office administration, customer service, and data entry. My expertise lies in my ability to build positive relationships with customers, accurately manage confidential data, and operate a wide variety of office equipment. In addition, I am highly organized, reliable, and excel at multitasking to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Data entry
- Administrative and office support
- Document management
- Customer service
- Team collaboration
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Time management
- Attention to detail
- Greeted customers and addressed their inquiries in a polite and professional manner.
- Assisted with the collection, compilation, and analysis of data.
- Organized and filed confidential reports, documents, and other materials.
- Maintained appropriate inventory levels of office supplies.
- Provided excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Performed data entry of customer orders and other financial information.
- Ensured office equipment was in proper working order.
- Supported day- to- day office operations.
- Assisted with payroll and accounts payable processing.
- Researched, tracked, and resolved customer issues and complaints.
- Provided assistance with the development and implementation of office policies and procedures.
What should be included in a Office Intern resume?
If you’re looking for an office intern position, you’ll need to put together a resume to present to employers. An office intern resume should include an effective summary statement, clear and concise work experience, and relevant education. It’s important to highlight any skills related to office work such as filing, typing, data entry, and customer service.
Here’s what to include in an office intern resume:
- Professional Summary: This should be a few sentences that give potential employers an overview of your skills and experiences.
- Education: Include your educational background, such as the degree you’re pursuing and any relevant courses you’ve taken.
- Work Experience: Include any internship and volunteer experience that is applicable to the position you’re applying for.
- Skills: List any office skills you have, including filing, typing, data entry, customer service, and any software programs you’re comfortable with.
- Awards: If you’ve received any awards or recognition related to office or academic work, be sure to include them.
- Interests: This is optional, but you can include any hobbies or interests that could be relevant to the position.
By following these steps, you’ll be well on your way to creating a successful office intern resume. Be sure to proofread your resume and have a friend or mentor review it before submitting it to employers. Good luck!
What is a good summary for a Office Intern resume?
A good summary for an Office Intern resume should be a concise overview of the applicant’s education, experience, and qualifications that make them a suitable candidate for the role. It should highlight the relevant skills, knowledge, and abilities that make them an ideal choice for the job. It should also reflect the applicant’s enthusiasm and commitment to their work as an intern, showcasing their ability to work independently and collaboratively in a professional setting. Ultimately, the summary should demonstrate the applicant’s commitment to furthering their knowledge of the office environment and to providing assistance to the staff.
What is a good objective for a Office Intern resume?
A resume objective is a statement that tells employers what type of intern you are and what your goals are. A good objective for an office intern resume should highlight your education, experience, and any qualities that would make you stand out from other applicants. Here are a few examples of good objectives for office intern resumes:
- To obtain an office intern position in a challenging and fast-paced environment, where my organizational and interpersonal skills can be utilized to a great extent.
- To leverage my education in Business Administration and my strong interpersonal and organizational skills to succeed in an office intern position.
- Looking to gain experience in an office environment while utilizing my knowledge of office procedures, customer service, and administrative duties.
- Seeking a position as an office intern to utilize my excellent communication, organization, and problem-solving skills.
- To obtain an office internship that will enable me to apply my strong organizational and communication skills.
How do you list Office Intern skills on a resume?
When writing a resume for an office intern position, you should highlight the skills you have that are relevant to the job. The skills you list will demonstrate to the employer that you have acquired the talents necessary to perform the duties of the position.
Including a ‘Skills’ section on your resume is a great way to showcase the relevant office intern skills you possess. Here are some skills you may want to consider listing:
- Computer Proficiency: Demonstrate your ability to use a range of software programs such as Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
- Problem-Solving: Show your ability to recognize, analyze and solve issues that arise in the office.
- Data Entry: Prove your accuracy and speed when entering large volumes of data.
- Interpersonal Communication: Highlight your ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, customers, and vendors.
- Organizational Skills: Showcase your organizational ability by listing your ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize workloads, and meet deadlines.
- Time Management: Demonstrate your knack for managing your time, delegating tasks and meeting deadlines.
By including a ‘Skills’ section on your resume and including these office intern skills, you can show employers the value you bring to their office. You can also use the job description for the position to help you identify other skills you should consider including on your resume.
What skills should I put on my resume for Office Intern?
Writing a resume can be a tricky task, especially when you’re applying for an office intern position. You want to showcase your skills and show the employer that you’re the perfect fit for the job. Here are some important skills you should include on your office intern resume:
- Organization: Being organized and managing your time is an essential skill for any administrative role. Show the employer that you can prioritize tasks and stay on top of deadlines.
- Interpersonal Communication: As an office intern, you’ll likely be working with many different people in the organization. Show that you have strong interpersonal communication skills and can work well with others.
- Technical Proficiencies: It’s important to demonstrate that you have the technical proficiency to use office software like Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. List any other programs you’re familiar with as well.
- Multitasking: Show that you can juggle multiple tasks at the same time and keep up with the fast-paced environment of an office setting.
- Problem Solving: Demonstrate that you have the critical thinking skills to troubleshoot issues and come up with creative solutions.
- Attention to Detail: As an office intern, it’s important that you pay attention to the small details and ensure accuracy in all of your work. Show the employer that you have a keen eye for detail.
By including these important skills on your office intern resume, you’ll be sure to stand out from the competition and show the employer that you’re the perfect candidate for the job. Good luck!
Key takeaways for an Office Intern resume
An office intern resume should stand out in order to land the job. Here are some key takeaways that can be included to make a resume stand out:
- Demonstrate strong work ethic: Show that you are reliable and can handle tasks efficiently.
- Highlight relevant skills: Include any skills that are useful for an office intern, such as working with computers, filing, data entry, and organizing.
- Include any internships or jobs related to office work: This will show that you have the necessary experience to be successful in the role.
- Showcase communication skills: Show that you can effectively communicate with colleagues and clients when needed.
- Detail any related education: Include any certificates, degrees, and classes that you have taken that are relevant to the job.
- Showcase your ability to multitask: Demonstrate that you are capable of handling multiple tasks and staying organized.
By including these key takeaways in your office intern resume, you can stand out from the crowd and increase your chances of landing the job.
Let us help you build
Make your resume more organized and attractive with our Resume Builder