Writing a resume as a front desk manager can be intimidating but with the right tools and guidance, it doesn’t have to be. This blog post will provide you with a step-by-step guide to creating an effective resume for a front desk manager, along with examples to help you create the best version of your resume. Whether you’re looking for your first job as a front desk manager or you’re looking to switch industries, this guide will provide you with the tips and advice you need to make sure your resume stands out from the competition.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for, be sure to check out our complete library of resume examples.
Start building your dream career today!
Create your professional resume in just 5 minutes with our easy-to-use resume builder!
Front Desk Manager Resume Examples
Front Desk Manager
123 Main Street | Anytown, USA 99999 | Phone: (123) 456-7890 | Email: email@example.com
Highly effective and organized Front Desk Manager with over 6 years of customer service, administrative and office management experience. Proven track record of developing effective customer service policies and procedures and providing excellent service to customers. Experienced in identifying customer needs and resolving customer issues. Skilled in supervising front desk staff, handling customer inquiries and complaints, and monitoring customer service standards.
- Supervisory Experience
- Customer Service
- Office Management
- Problem- Solving
- Time Management
Front Desk Manager, ABC Hotel – New York, NY
May 2015 – Present
- Maintain customer service standards and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Supervise front desk staff, providing guidance and direction to ensure efficient service.
- Identify customer needs and respond to customer inquiries and complaints.
- Ensure all customer service policies and procedures are followed.
- Develop customer service strategies to improve customer satisfaction.
- Maintain accurate records of customer service activities.
- Manage daily operations of the front desk.
Front Desk Receptionist, XYZ Hotel – New York, NY
July 2013 – May 2015
- Greeted customers and provided customer service.
- Managed customer inquiries and complaints.
- Assisted customers with check- in and check- out.
- Performed administrative duties such as filing, typing, and photocopying.
- Answered phones and handled customer requests.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Cornell University – New York, NY
Front Desk Manager Resume with No Experience
Highly organized and detail- oriented individual, seeking to leverage excellent communication and customer service skills in the role of Front Desk Manager.
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable to changing needs
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Proficient with office equipment and computers
- Ability to multi- task and prioritize
- Excellent organizational skills
- Greet visitors and guests in a warm and welcoming manner
- Answer phone calls and redirect them accordingly
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail
- Keep the front desk area clean and tidy
- Monitor and maintain office supplies
- Maintain a log of guests and visitors
- Update and manage the company’s database
- Ensure all security protocols are followed
Front Desk Manager Resume with 2 Years of Experience
Motivated and customer- centric Front Desk Manager with two years of experience in hospitality and customer service. Skills include strong organizational, customer engagement, multitasking, and problem- solving skills. Experienced in developing and leading a high- performing team, which includes setting goals, providing feedback and training. Experienced in dealing with difficult customers and creating a positive customer experience.
- Excellent customer service
- Strong organizational skills
- Leadership and teamwork
- Conflict resolution
- Multi- tasking
- Problem solving and troubleshooting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of reservation systems and hotel management systems
- Greeting customers warmly and providing assistance in a timely and efficient manner.
- Providing information on hotel services, facilities, and attractions.
- Answering telephone calls, inquiries, and responding to emails; monitoring reservation systems.
- Performing cashier duties, including processing payments and handling customer inquiries related to payments.
- Assisting with check- in/check- out procedures.
- Monitoring and maintaining the cleanliness of the lobby and reception area.
- Developing and leading a high- performance team, setting goals, providing feedback and training.
- Handling customer complaints and providing resolutions in a timely manner.
- Assisting with the management of inventory and ordering supplies.
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures related to front desk operations.
Front Desk Manager Resume with 5 Years of Experience
Highly organized and detail- oriented Front Desk Manager with 5 years of experience in customer service, hospitality, and administrative duties. Possesses an in- depth knowledge of hospitality regulations and industry best practices. Proven track record of creating a memorable and excellent customer experience. Talented in managing multiple projects simultaneously and establishing strong relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Organizational & Communication Skills
- Guest Relations
- Customer Service
- Team Management
- Time Management
- Inventory Management
- Ensured exceptional customer service by handling guest reservations and inquiries.
- Managed front desk operations and ensured organized administration of records.
- Handled cash and credit card transactions accurately and efficiently.
- Monitored guest services and ensured compliance with hospitality regulations.
- Supervised front desk staff and ensured proper training and orientation of new staff.
- Developed policies and procedures to improve customer service and streamline operations.
- Consistently provided accurate information regarding hotel services and local attractions.
- Created reports and maintained records to ensure efficient operations.
- Resolved customer issues promptly and efficiently.
Front Desk Manager Resume with 7 Years of Experience
Dynamic and highly organized professional, with 7 years of progressive experience in Front Desk Management and customer service. Proven ability to develop customer service and communication skills to ensure a positive customer experience. Focused on developing and maintaining customer loyalty to ensure customer satisfaction. Possess strong problem- solving and interpersonal skills, along with excellent organizational, administrative, and customer service skills.
- Strong leadership and customer service skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem- solving abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and other software
- Organizational and planning abilities
- Knowledge of the hospitality industry
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks
- Greet customers warmly and ensure that all customer complaints are handled efficiently and professionally
- Manage customer accounts, billing, and other inquiries
- Receive and respond to customer inquiries through telephone, email and other communication methods
- Ensure the front desk is neat and organized
- Maintain the customer database and ensure accurate customer information is available
- Monitor customer feedback and ensure satisfaction levels are maintained
- Manage check- ins and check- outs of customers
- Ensure all customer requests and needs are met in a timely manner
- Assist with other tasks as required.
Front Desk Manager Resume with 10 Years of Experience
Proactive Front Desk Manager with 10 years of experience in the hospitality industry. Skilled at maintaining front desk operations in a professional and efficient manner. Adept at delivering superior customer service, resolving conflicts and handling high- volume inquiries. Demonstrated ability to anticipate and address customer needs.
- Customer Service
- Front Desk Management
- Payment Processing
- Reservation System
- Complaint Resolution
- Attention to Detail
- Written and Verbal Communication
- Problem Solving
- Greeted and checked guests in and out of the hotel
- Ensured a positive customer service experience
- Responded to guest inquiries and complaints in a polite and professional manner
- Handled reservations and cancellations
- Processed payments, issued receipts and collected payments
- Maintained hotel registration information
- Provided information about hotel services, features, and local attractions
- Ensured proper handling of cash and other transactions
- Maintained a clean and orderly front desk and lobby area
- Resolved conflicts in a diplomatic and professional manner
- Trained and supervised new front desk personnel
Front Desk Manager Resume with 15 Years of Experience
Dynamic and results- driven professional with 15 years of extensive experience in hotel front desk management. A highly organized, efficient and reliable individual with remarkable problem- solving and decision- making skills. An enthusiastic team player with the ability to create effective relationships with guests, and staff.
- Outstanding customer service and guest relations
- In- depth knowledge of hotel operations and services
- Excellent leadership and management
- Exceptional communication and presentation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to multi- task and prioritize
- Detail- oriented and organized
- Ensured exceptional service by providing a clean and comfortable front desk environment
- Greeted, welcomed and checked- in guests and resolved customer service inquiries
- Developed and implemented strategies to improve customer service
- Developed and maintained customer relations, handled customer complaints and provided customer feedback
- Ensured customer satisfaction and responded to guest inquiries in a timely manner
- Monitored and maintained front desk inventory and supplies
- Assisted in the development of customer service standards and procedures
- Trained and managed front desk staff in customer service techniques, hotel policies and procedures
- Coordinated with inter- department staff and management in resolving customer service issues
- Prepared daily, weekly and monthly reports on front desk activities
- Ensured compliance with all safety and security regulations
What should be included in a Front Desk Manager resume?
A Front Desk Manager is a key employee of any organization and is often the first point of contact for customers. A great Front Desk Manager resume should highlight a candidate’s customer service and administrative skills, as well as any previous experience in a customer service-related position. When writing a resume for a Front Desk Manager position, consider including the following:
- Detailed work history: Include the name of your employer, the dates you worked, and a brief description of your job duties.
- Professional summary: This section should include a brief introduction about your skills and experience, as well as what makes you a great fit for the Front Desk Manager position.
- Administrative skills: Emphasize any administrative skills you possess, such as schedule management, scheduling appointments, data entry, and bookkeeping.
- Customer service skills: Demonstrate your customer service skills, such as excellent communication, conflict resolution techniques, and problem-solving abilities.
- Education: List any relevant education or certifications that you may have.
- Technology proficiency: Highlight any software programs you are proficient in, such as Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, and customer relationship management (CRM) systems.
- Relevant volunteer experience: Include any volunteer experience that demonstrates your customer service and administrative skills.
- Awards and achievements: List any awards or achievements that you received while in customer service or administrative roles.
By including these sections in your resume, you will be able to showcase your qualifications and experience and make a great first impression with potential employers.
What is a good summary for a Front Desk Manager resume?
A successful Front Desk Manager resume should include a summary statement that highlights the candidate’s ability to efficiently manage the front desk operations, provide superior customer service and successfully resolve customer inquiries. Additionally, the summary should also mention their experience in leading and motivating team members, managing operations and implementing the company’s policies and procedures. Furthermore, they should also highlight their organizational and interpersonal skills, which are essential in managing a front desk. Lastly, they should also mention any relevant certifications, such as a hospitality or customer service certificate.
What is a good objective for a Front Desk Manager resume?
A Front Desk Manager is responsible for the smooth and efficient running of a hotel or motel reception desk. As a Front Desk Manager, you should focus on your customer service and communication skills, as well as your ability to manage a team and stay organized. When writing your resume objective, you should use strong action verbs that reflect these duties and emphasize your qualifications.
Here are some examples of good objectives for a Front Desk Manager resume:
- To leverage strong customer service, organizational and operational capabilities to become a Front Desk Manager and lead a successful team.
- Utilizing problem-solving and interpersonal skills to provide excellent customer service and manage the Front Desk as a Front Desk Manager.
- Result-oriented professional looking to secure a Front Desk Manager position, utilizing exceptional customer service and communication skills to achieve success.
- Experienced Front Desk Manager seeking to apply strong customer service, organization and communication skills to ensure maximum satisfaction and efficiency.
- Seeking to apply my customer service, interpersonal and problem-solving skills, to become a Front Desk Manager and lead a successful team.
How do you list Front Desk Manager skills on a resume?
When applying for a Front Desk Manager position, you will want to showcase your skills and qualifications in your resume to stand out and make a good impression on employers. To do this, include an “Areas of Expertise” or “Skills” section to list the relevant skills you possess. Here are some of the key skills employers look for when hiring for a Front Desk Manager role:
- Customer Service: A Front Desk Manager should excel in providing excellent customer service. This includes being able to effectively communicate and handle customer inquiries in a professional and courteous manner.
- Organizational Skills: As a Front Desk Manager, you must be able to effectively organize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously. This includes ensuring that the front desk runs smoothly and efficiently and staying on top of tasks and activities.
- Leadership: The ability to lead and motivate a team is an important skill to have as a Front Desk Manager. This includes delegating tasks and managing staff to ensure that the front desk operations are running smoothly.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of computer programs and software is a must. This includes being able to use scheduling software, basic office equipment, and other programs as needed.
- Communication: As the face of the company, the Front Desk Manager must possess strong communication skills. This includes the ability to speak clearly and effectively to both customers and team members.
- Problem-Solving: A successful Front Desk Manager is able to quickly and effectively identify and resolve any issues that may arise in the front desk operations.
By including these key skills in your resume, you will be able to demonstrate to employers that you have the experience and qualifications necessary to succeed in the role of Front Desk Manager.
What skills should I put on my resume for Front Desk Manager?
A Front Desk Manager is responsible for the smooth running of a hotel’s reception area, ensuring guests have a pleasant and efficient check-in and check-out experience. To be successful at this role, you will need a combination of technical and interpersonal skills. Here are some skills you should consider including on your resume:
- Proven experience as a Front Desk Manager or similar role
- In-depth knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Proficiency in MS Office, Opera, and other front desk software
- Excellent communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles and ability to perform financial calculations
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks
- Strong customer service orientation
- Familiarity with hotel operations
- Up-to-date with hospitality trends
- High school diploma; degree in Hospitality, Hotel Management, or related field is an asset
Key takeaways for an Front Desk Manager resume
A Front Desk Manager resume is an important part of any job search. It’s the document that will help employers learn more about who you are and what type of employee you would be. To ensure that your resume stands out, there are a few key takeaways that you should consider when crafting it.
First, make sure that your resume is concise and to the point. The average reader spends just a few seconds looking at a resume, so you want to make sure that your important information is accessible and visible. Include only the most relevant information, such as your job experience, certifications, and skills.
Second, don’t forget to focus on your customer service skills. As a Front Desk Manager, you will be expected to have excellent soft skills. Make sure to show employers that you can work well with customers, handle inquiries, and address any issues that arise in a professional manner.
Third, highlight any special projects or initiatives that you have worked on as a Front Desk Manager. This will show employers that you can take initiative and can handle complex tasks.
Finally, be sure to include any certifications or training that you have completed that would make you a more attractive candidate. These certifications can be anything from hospitality industry certifications to management training.
By following these key takeaways, you can ensure that your Front Desk Manager resume stands out from the competition. Make sure to make your resume concise, highlight your customer service skills, emphasize special projects or initiatives, and include applicable certifications or training. With these tips in mind, you can create a resume that will make you stand out and get the job you want!
Let us help you build
Make your resume more organized and attractive with our Resume Builder