Writing your resume as a front desk clerk can be a challenge when you may not have much relevant experience. The front desk is one of the most important parts of any business, and employers want to know that their front desk clerks are reliable, friendly, organized, and able to handle customer service issues. When writing your resume for a front desk clerk position, it’s important to focus on these characteristics and emphasize your strengths in customer service and communication. In this guide we will discuss how to craft an effective resume for a front desk clerk position, including tips on what to include, important skills to highlight, and examples of resumes you can use for inspiration.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for, be sure to check out our complete library of resume examples.
Start building your dream career today!
Create your professional resume in just 5 minutes with our easy-to-use resume builder!
Front Desk Clerk Resume Examples
Front Desk Clerk
123 Main Street | Anytown, USA 99999 | Phone: (123) 456-7890 | Email: email@example.com
Detail- oriented and customer- focused professional with 5+ years of experience working in the hospitality industry. Proven ability to provide friendly customer service and problem solve in fast- paced environments. Flexible and reliable with the ability to multitask and prioritize effectively.
- Customer service
- Cash handling
- Problem- solving
- Data entry
- Computer literate
Front Desk Clerk, The Marriot Hotel, New York, NY
April 2017 – December 2020
- Greeted and checked- in guests
- Assisted guests with reservations, room changes and special requests
- Settled guest accounts upon check out
- Processed payments and collected cash
- Performed data entry tasks
- Handled customer inquiries, requests and complaints
Front Desk Agent, The Hilton Hotel, New York, NY
August 2015 – April 2017
- Checked guests in and out of the hotel
- Answered phones, responded to guest inquiries and ensured customer satisfaction
- Handled cash and credit card transactions accurately
- Assisted guests with room changes and special requests
- Maintained updated records of room availability
High School Diploma, ABC High School, New York, NY, June 2015
Front Desk Clerk Resume with No Experience
Recent graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration. Seeking to gain experience in customer service and hospitality by obtaining a Front Desk Clerk position.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle time sensitive tasks
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Fluent in English, Spanish and French
- Greet and register guests
- Assist guests with check- ins, check- outs and inquiries
- Maintain the accuracy of front desk operations
- Manage filing, copying, and printing requests
- Answer phone calls and provide information to guests
- Ensure that all customer service standards are met
Front Desk Clerk Resume with 2 Years of Experience
I am an experienced Front Desk Clerk with 2 years of experience in providing exceptional customer service, greeting guests, and maintaining office cleanliness. I am highly organized, detail- oriented, and have excellent communication skills. My background includes coordinating reservations, handling cash transactions, and assisting clients with inquiries. I am confident that I can bring a high level of professionalism and customer service to any organization.
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Proficient in use of computer software and office equipment
- Knowledge of hotel, hospitality, and front desk operations
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively
- Ability to learn new software and programs quickly
- Highly organized and detail- oriented
- Flexible and adaptable to changing situations
- Greet and check- in guests and customers
- Verify customer identity and payment information
- Assist customers with room and reservation inquiries
- Handle cash and credit card transactions
- Maintain cleanliness of the front desk area
- Coordinate customer reservations and bookings
- Answer telephone calls and direct inquiries to the appropriate department
- Assist with customer complaints and inquiries
- Ensure customer satisfaction and maintain customer relations
Front Desk Clerk Resume with 5 Years of Experience
A motivated and service- oriented Front Desk Clerk with 5 years of experience in providing customer service excellence and administrative support in busy hotel environments. Demonstrated professionalism in greeting guests, handling reservations, and operating multi- line phone systems. Proven success in maintaining up- to- date records, processing payments, and reconciling daily transactions. Experienced in ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations, including applicable COVID- 19 protocols. Possess strong interpersonal, multitasking, and organizational skills.
- Customer service
- Cash handling
- Restaurant reservations
- Telephone etiquette
- Organizational skills
- Data entry
- Computer proficiency
- Knowledge of hotel operations
- Ability to work under pressure
- Greet and direct guests in a professional and friendly manner
- Answer and direct calls on a multi- line phone system
- Maintain and update reservation records
- Process payments and reconcile daily transactions
- Handle customer inquiries, concerns, and complaints
- Monitor compliance with health and safety regulations
- Keep the front desk area tidy and organized
- Maintain current knowledge of hotel services and amenities
- Assist with staff scheduling and payroll processing
- Manage guest hang tags and parking passes
Front Desk Clerk Resume with 7 Years of Experience
A highly motivated and enthusiastic Front Desk Clerk with 7 years of experience in hospitality and customer service. Possesses an in- depth understanding of customer service processes, a positive attitude and excellent communication skills. Skilled in providing professional, efficient and friendly assistance to guests, resolving conflicts and managing multiple tasks. Proven ability to handle stress and work in a fast- paced environment.
- Customer Service
- Problem Solving
- Conflict Resolution
- Time Management
- Computer Proficiency
- Cash Handling
- Greeted and registered guests in a friendly and professional manner.
- Responded to customer inquiries and resolved complaints in a timely and friendly manner.
- Verified the accuracy of reservation information and collected payment for accommodation.
- Managed multiple tasks such as processing transactions, balancing cash drawers and providing customer service.
- Handled all complaints, inquiries and requests from customers in a professional and efficient manner.
- Processed check- in/check- out procedures for guests.
- Performed basic administrative duties including filing, data entry and telephone answering.
- Monitored the daily operations of the front desk and provided assistance when needed.
- Assisted customers with their luggage and escorted them to their rooms.
Front Desk Clerk Resume with 10 Years of Experience
A highly experienced and detail- oriented Front Desk Clerk with 10 years of experience in hospitality and customer service. Exceptional organizational, communication, and problem- solving skills, able to complete tasks efficiently and accurately. Adept at working in a fast- paced environment, handling customer inquiries, and resolving complaints.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Superior organizational capabilities
- Outstanding problem- solving abilities
- Ability to multi- task
- Proficient in customer service
- Ability to work in a fast- paced environment
- Proficient in using a variety of computer programs
- Greeting and checking in guests
- Answering phone inquiries
- Resolving customer complaints
- Processing reservations
- Collecting payments
- Balancing accounts and preparing daily reports
- Assisting with additional tasks as needed
- Maintaining a clean and organized lobby area
- Updating guest information in the system
Front Desk Clerk Resume with 15 Years of Experience
Highly organized, quick- thinking professional with over 15 years of experience providing excellent customer service and administrative support. Experienced in handling front desk operations, such as greeting visitors, responding to inquiries, and directing visitors to the appropriate offices. Proven ability to provide excellent customer service, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and maintain a clean and professional work environment.
- Communication: Highly skilled in communicating with customers and providing exceptional customer service to all visitors.
- Organization: Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks efficiently, while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Computer Proficiency: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Accuracy: Committed to accuracy and quality when completing tasks.
- Greeted visitors and provided assistance when needed.
- Answered phones and routed calls to the appropriate personnel.
- Assisted customers with inquiries and provided information as needed.
- Scheduled appointments and maintained organized records of visitors.
- Processed payments, collected customer data and entered data into the computer system.
- Updated customer information in the database and generated reports.
- Managed customer accounts and provided customer service as needed.
- Ensured the front desk area was presentable at all times.
- Maintained and updated office supplies, as needed.
What should be included in a Front Desk Clerk resume?
A Front Desk Clerk is responsible for providing exceptional customer service to guests of a hotel or other lodging facility. To stand out and increase your chances of getting the job, you need a well-crafted and comprehensive resume that highlights your qualifications, experience, and skills.
When writing your resume, include the following:
- Personal Information: This should include your full name, contact information, and address.
- Summary Statement: This section should include a brief overview of your experience and qualifications.
- Education: Include any relevant education or certifications you have in this section.
- Professional Experience: List all of your work experience that is related to being a Front Desk Clerk.
- Skills: Include any relevant skills you have that pertain to being a Front Desk Clerk such as customer service, problem solving, and communication.
- Special Skills: If you have any special skills, such as fluency in multiple languages, include them here.
- Awards/Achievements: If you have any awards or achievements related to your position as a Front Desk Clerk, list them here.
By including all of this information in your resume, you will stand out from other applicants and give yourself the best chance at being hired.
What is a good summary for a Front Desk Clerk resume?
A front desk clerk is responsible for being the face of the company and providing excellent customer service. A good summary for a front desk clerk resume should highlight the key skills, experience, and qualifications that make the applicant the ideal candidate for the job. This includes excellent communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to multi-task, knowledge of customer service principles, and experience with problem-solving. Additionally, a front desk clerk should have the ability to use a variety of computer systems, such as Microsoft Office and hotel software. The summary should also emphasize other relevant skills and experience that show how the applicant is a great fit for the role. In short, a good summary for a front desk clerk resume should emphasize the applicant’s customer service and technical skills, as well as their overall experience.
What is a good objective for a Front Desk Clerk resume?
Optimizing the front desk operations of a business is a crucial part of ensuring the daily operations run smoothly and successfully. A Front Desk Clerk is the first contact point for customers and is responsible for providing excellent customer service and helping to ensure a positive customer experience. When creating a resume for a Front Desk Clerk position, it is important to have an objective that outlines the skills, experience, and qualifications that make you the ideal candidate.
A good objective for a Front Desk Clerk resume should include the following:
- Proven ability to provide exceptional customer service in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with computer systems and software programs
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Dedication to accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge of applicable industry regulations and standards
By including all of these objectives in a resume for a Front Desk Clerk position, the candidate will be able to show the potential employer the qualities and skills that make them the best fit for the position.
How do you list Front Desk Clerk skills on a resume?
Front Desk Clerks play a key role in customer service and hospitality. They greet guests and help them check-in and check-out of hotels, resorts, hospitals, and other businesses.
When applying for a Front Desk Clerk job, you should create a resume that makes an impact. To do this, list the skills that you possess to help you stand out from other candidates. Here are some of the skills that you should list on your Front Desk Clerk resume:
- Excellent customer service : Front Desk Clerks should demonstrate excellent customer service skills and be able to manage customer inquiries and complaints in a professional manner.
- Knowledge of hospitality : Front Desk Clerks should have knowledge of the hospitality industry, including hotel/resort policies and procedures.
- Computer skills : Front Desk Clerks must be familiar with computer operations and software programs such as Microsoft Office.
- Organizational skills : Front Desk Clerks must be able to organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
- Communication skills : Front Desk Clerks need to possess strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate with guests and other staff members.
- Cash handling skills : Front Desk Clerks should have experience with handling cash, credit cards, checks and other forms of payment.
By including the skills listed above on your resume, you can demonstrate to employers that you have what it takes to be an effective Front Desk Clerk.
What skills should I put on my resume for Front Desk Clerk?
Having the right skills on your resume is essential for getting a job as a Front Desk Clerk. To demonstrate your qualifications to employers, here are some core skills to include on your resume:
- Interpersonal Communication: As a Front Desk Clerk, you will be dealing with the public on a daily basis. You need to have excellent communication skills to effectively interact with customers and build relationships with them.
- Problem-Solving: You need to be able to think logically to solve customer issues and queries. Being able to come up with creative solutions to problems and resolving conflicts are key skills to include.
- Multi-tasking: As a Front Desk Clerk, you will often have to juggle multiple tasks at once. You need to have good organizational skills to manage multiple tasks and prioritize them.
- Computer Skills: Familiarity with computers and different software programs is essential. You should be able to use word processing, spreadsheet, and other applications to do your job.
- Attention to Detail: You need to have the ability to pay close attention to the details. This is necessary for accurately entering data and following instructions.
By having these key skills on your resume, you can show employers that you are a qualified and dedicated Front Desk Clerk.
Key takeaways for an Front Desk Clerk resume
Front desk clerks occupy a unique and important role in the hospitality industry. As the face of a hotel or business, they are responsible for creating the first impression on incoming guests and providing exemplary customer service. A well-written resume for a front desk clerk position should demonstrate the applicant’s ability to manage all front office duties, including check-ins, check-outs, and general customer service. Here are some key takeaways for an effective front desk clerk resume:
- Emphasize your customer service skills. Front desk clerks provide exemplary service to hotel guests, so make sure to highlight these skills on your resume. Provide examples of times you have gone above and beyond to provide great customer service and make sure to list any customer service certifications you may have.
- Include all relevant experience. Front desk clerks require a wide range of skills, so make sure to list any related experience you may have. Provide details on any prior hospitality or customer service roles, as well as any experience with computers, accounting, or managing a front office.
- Highlight your organization skills. Front desk clerks need to be well-organized and able to multitask. Provide examples of how your organization and multitasking skills have helped you complete tasks efficiently in the past.
- Make sure to proofread. A resume is a reflection of your professionalism, so make sure to proofread it thoroughly before submitting. This includes checking for grammar and spelling errors, as well as ensuring that the format and content is consistent.
By following these key takeaways, you can create an effective front desk clerk resume. Remember to highlight your customer service skills, include all relevant experience, and emphasize your organization and multitasking abilities. With a well-crafted resume, you can help yourself stand out from the competition and land the job of your dreams.
Let us help you build
Make your resume more organized and attractive with our Resume Builder