Are you looking for a job as a Front Desk Assistant? Writing a resume can be a difficult process and you want to make sure it accurately reflects your skills and experiences. Below, we have provided a guide to help you create an outstanding resume that stands out from the crowd. Additionally, we have included some helpful examples of resumes from successful Front Desk Assistants so you can get an idea of how to write your own. Following these tips and examples, you can craft an effective resume that will help you land the job of your dreams.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for, be sure to check out our complete library of resume examples.
Start building your dream career today!
Create your professional resume in just 5 minutes with our easy-to-use resume builder!
Front Desk Assistant Resume Examples
Front Desk Assistant
123 Main Street | Anytown, USA 99999 | Phone: (123) 456-7890 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Highly motivated Front Desk Assistant with 8+ years of experience providing exceptional customer service and administrative support to clients. Possess a strong knowledge of office practices and procedures, and an aptitude for utilizing different office equipment. Experience in handling front office duties such as welcoming visitors and answering phones as well as performing various administrative tasks. Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills to ensure a smooth daily workflow.
- Outstanding customer service
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Proficiency in multi- line phone systems
- Skilled in calendar management
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Knowledge of office equipment
- Excellent organizational skills
Front Desk Assistant, ABC Company, Los Angeles, CA – 2015 to Present
- Greet and assist incoming customers in a professional and courteous manner.
- Answer and direct incoming calls to the appropriate department or staff.
- Maintain office supplies by ordering and stocking supplies.
- Update inventory records and organize files.
- Monitor and maintain office equipment.
- Create spreadsheets and documents for incoming and outgoing correspondence.
Front Desk Receptionist, XYZ Company, Los Angeles, CA – 2013 to 2015
- Welcomed visitors, handled and directed incoming calls, and responded to inquiries.
- Managed and updated client databases, maintained departmental records, and assisted in preparing presentations.
- Distributed mail, performed a variety of clerical duties, and handled all other office duties as requested.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, University of California, Los Angeles, CA – 2012
Front Desk Assistant Resume with No Experience
- Highly motivated and organized individual with a passion for customer service and attention to detail.
- Strong communicator with a desire to learn new skills and apply them in a professional setting.
- Experienced in working in fast- paced environments while maintaining professionalism and stellar customer service.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi- task and prioritize duties
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to use discretion when handling confidential information
- Strong organizational skills
- Greet and welcome guests in a professional and friendly manner
- Answer incoming calls and transfer them to appropriate personnel
- Provide answers to basic inquiries and direct customers to the appropriate personnel
- Handle and resolve customer complaints
- Maintain and update records of visitors and guests
- Update and manage client information
- Perform general administrative duties such as filing, scanning, data entry, and mail distribution
- Ensure all incoming mail is properly sorted and distributed
Front Desk Assistant Resume with 2 Years of Experience
Resourceful and organized Front Desk Assistant with two years of experience working in a fast- paced medical environment. Experienced in fielding phone calls, providing excellent customer service, scheduling patient appointments, and maintaining patient records. Demonstrated ability to manage administrative tasks and complete projects with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service
- Phone etiquette
- Record keeping
- Time management
- Data entry
- Appointment scheduling
- Receiving and directing visitors
- Greeted arriving patients and visitors and answered incoming calls in a timely, professional manner.
- Scheduled patient appointments and reminded patients of upcoming appointments.
- Entered patient information into electronic health records.
- Stocked front desk and lobby with necessary supplies.
- Recorded patient payments and balanced cash drawers.
- Conducted medical record audits and provided administrative support for medical staff.
- Answered inquiries regarding medical services and provided general information about the clinic.
- Collaborated with other departments to ensure efficient clinic operations.
- Managed patient and visitor flow to maintain efficiency.
- Developed and maintained an organized filing system.
Front Desk Assistant Resume with 5 Years of Experience
A highly efficient and organized Front Desk Assistant with 5 years of experience in a customer service environment. Possesses excellent problem- solving skills, attention to detail and the ability to prioritize tasks. Possesses a strong knowledge of computer software, including Microsoft Office and customer service- related software. Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills, working well in team and customer- oriented environments.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Professional telephone manner
- Ability to multitask
- Attention to detail
- Microsoft Office
- Time management
- Problem solving
- Greet and register customers
- Answer phones and respond to customer inquiries
- Verify customer information including names, addresses and phone numbers
- Process payments and issue receipts
- Schedule appointments
- Respond to customer inquiries and resolve issues
- Maintain cash drawer and balance daily receipts
- File and maintain customer records
- Generate daily reports
- Input customer information into a computer system
- Ensure waiting area is clean and presentable
- Monitor office supplies and place orders when necessary
- Compile and manage customer mailing list
- Open and close the front desk
Front Desk Assistant Resume with 7 Years of Experience
Results- driven professional with 7 years of experience in customer service and front desk operations. Outstanding problem- solving and organizational abilities along with an exceptional sense of customer service. Proven ability to ensure customer satisfaction and build strong relationships with customers. Possesses strong computer and communication skills, with the ability to use MS Office Suite, POS systems, and customer service software.
- Customer service and client relations
- Front desk operations
- Data entry and filing
- MS Office Suite and POS systems
- Problem- solving and multitasking
- Excellent communication skills
- Greeted customers and provided assistance in a professional and friendly manner.
- Managed front desk operations including setting up appointments, scheduling meetings, and answering and returning phone calls.
- Entered customer data into the company database and kept customer information up to date.
- Processed customer payments, organized and maintained files and paperwork, and handled customer inquiries.
- Used MS Office Suite, POS systems and customer service software to assist customers.
- Assisted with inventory and sales tasks as needed.
- Ensured customer satisfaction and worked to resolve customer issues.
Front Desk Assistant Resume with 10 Years of Experience
Highly motivated professional with 10+ years of experience as a Front Desk Assistant. Possesses excellent customer service, administrative, and organizational skills. Possesses a keen eye for detail and accuracy and is highly skilled in problem- solving and conflict resolution. Proven track record of multitasking and managing multiple priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Customer Service
- Multi- tasking
- Problem Solving
- Conflict Resolution
- Time Management
- Administrative Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Data Entry
- Telephone Etiquette
- Greeted and assisted customers, answered inquiries and provided information about services and products.
- Managed incoming and outgoing calls, including transfer of calls, taking messages, and scheduling appointments.
- Assisted with the daily management of front office operations, including maintenance of records and filing systems.
- Completed data entry tasks, invoicing, and other administrative duties as needed.
- Assisted with the preparation of correspondence, reports, and other documents.
- Coordinated with other departments to ensure efficient workflow.
- Maintained the accuracy and integrity of customer records.
- Processed customer payments and assisted with billing inquiries.
- Handled customer complaints in a professional and timely manner.
Front Desk Assistant Resume with 15 Years of Experience
Passionate and experienced Front Desk Assistant with 15 years of experience providing exemplary customer service in the hospitality industry. A highly organized and reliable team player with a customer- oriented mindset and the ability to juggle multiple tasks and prioritize them. Adept at problem solving and multitasking and able to remain calm and professional in high- pressure situations.
- Excellent customer service
- Strong organizational skills
- Proven multitasking abilities
- Professional communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Problem- solving and critical thinking
- Excellent time management
- Greet and check- in guests
- Provide information about services and amenities
- Handle reservations and confirmations
- Process payments and manage billing
- Answer phone calls, emails, and messages
- Assist with special requests
- Assist with guest inquiries and complaints
- Maintain a clean and organized front desk
- Maintain accurate records and documents
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations
- Assist with other administrative duties as needed
What should be included in a Front Desk Assistant resume?
The job of a Front Desk Assistant is an important one, and the right resume can make all the difference in landing the job. When crafting your Front Desk Assistant resume, be sure to include the following information:
- Contact Information: Begin your resume with your name, address, phone number, and email.
- Relevant Experience: Include any front desk positions you have held, as well as any other administrative or customer service experience you can bring to the job. Be sure to indicate the roles and responsibilities for each job, and list any promotions or awards.
- Education and Certifications: List any academic degrees or certifications you have earned and the school or program in which you completed them.
- Computer Skills: List your proficiency in computer software and programs, such as Microsoft Office.
- Organizational Skills: Include any organizational skills you have, such as the ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize tasks, and think creatively.
- Soft Skills: Include any customer service skills or communication abilities that make you an effective Front Desk Assistant.
- References: List at least two professional references with whom you have had direct work experience.
By including all of these items on your Front Desk Assistant resume, you will put yourself in the best position to land the job.
What is a good summary for a Front Desk Assistant resume?
A great summary for a Front Desk Assistant resume should focus on the candidate’s ability to provide excellent customer service, multitask, and stay organized. The summary should also include the candidate’s ability to be a positive and friendly presence to visitors and guests. Additionally, the summary should include any customer service experience the candidate has, as well as any relevant technical skills. Finally, the summary should emphasize the candidate’s commitment to providing a high level of service and professionalism on the job.
What is a good objective for a Front Desk Assistant resume?
The objective of a Front Desk Assistant resume is to provide excellent customer service and support to guests and visitors. A successful Front Desk Assistant should be well-organized, possess exceptional customer service skills, and have the ability to multitask.
A good objective for a Front Desk Assistant resume may include the following points:
- Provide hospitable customer service and efficiently assist guests and visitors
- Answer incoming calls and direct them to appropriate personnel
- Ensure the safety and security of guests and visitors
- Record and accurately update guest information in the system
- Manage the check-in and check-out process of guests
- Greet and direct guests to their hotel room
- Resolve customer complaints in a polite and timely manner
- Maintain a clean and organized front desk area
- Assist in the upkeep and maintenance of all office equipment
- Adhere to the company’s policies and procedures
How do you list Front Desk Assistant skills on a resume?
When writing a resume for a Front Desk Assistant position, it’s important to be sure to list the skills you possess that are relevant to the job. Here are some tips for listing your Front Desk Assistant skills on your resume:
- Include a “Skills” section: Begin by including a section on your resume labeled “Skills” before your work experience section. This section should contain a list of your relevant skills as a Front Desk Assistant.
- Highlight relevant skills: When adding skills, be sure to include only those that are relevant to the position, such as customer service, computer literacy, and language fluency.
- Focus on skills that are transferable: Use skills that are transferable from previous positions. For example, if you worked in retail, you could include skills such as cash handling, problem-solving, and conflict resolution.
- Make sure skills are up to date: Make sure the skills you list are up to date and in line with the current job requirements. For example, if the job requires knowledge of specific software, make sure you list the software in your “Skills” section.
- Proofread: Once your “Skills” section is complete, be sure to proofread it to check for spelling and grammar errors. Your resume should be clear and concise, and grammatically correct.
By utilizing these tips, you can be sure that you are accurately representing your skills as a Front Desk Assistant on your resume. Doing so will help you stand out from other applicants and give you the best chance of getting the job.
What skills should I put on my resume for Front Desk Assistant?
A Front Desk Assistant is an important role in the customer service and hospitality industry. It is important to have the right skills on your resume to be successful in this role. Here are some key skills to include on your resume when applying for a Front Desk Assistant position:
- Customer Service: Front Desk Assistants are the face of the business and provide great customer service to ensure visitors have a pleasant experience. This includes greeting guests, answering questions, providing directions, and managing customer complaints.
- Computer Skills: Front Desk Assistants must be able to use computers in order to enter customer data into a computer system, access customer information, and answer questions about products or services.
- Time Management: Front Desk Assistants must be able to effectively manage their time and prioritize tasks in order to ensure customers are served in a timely manner.
- Problem-Solving: Front Desk Assistants must be able to think on their feet and quickly problem-solve in order to resolve customer issues.
- Communication: Front Desk Assistants must be able to communicate effectively with customers and other staff, both in person and over the phone.
- Organization: Front Desk Assistants must be organized in order to manage customer data, maintain accurate records, and ensure all customer inquiries are handled promptly.
By having these skills on your resume, you can demonstrate to employers that you have the qualifications necessary to be a successful Front Desk Assistant.
Key takeaways for an Front Desk Assistant resume
Writing a resume as a Front Desk Assistant is similar to any hospitality industry job in that first impressions are key. A great resume should be able to quickly catch the eye of a potential employer and make them take notice.
Here are some key takeaways for creating a standout resume for a Front Desk Assistant position:
- Highlight any relevant soft skills: Front Desk Assistants must be able to effectively communicate with guests and coworkers, so any customer service experience or relevant soft skills should be highlighted on the resume.
- Include any technical skills: Front Desk Assistants are often responsible for using hotel software and taking reservations, so a resume should include any technical skills that could be used on the job.
- Mention any related work experience: Any experience related to the hospitality industry should be included on a resume. This could include any previous front desk experience, as well as any waitstaff or housekeeping experience.
- Showcase your problem-solving skills: Front Desk Assistants must be able to handle any potential issues that arise in a professional manner. Showcasing any problem-solving skills on a resume can help to demonstrate the applicant’s ability to handle difficult situations.
- Include personal interests: A resume isn’t just a list of qualifications; it should also include some of the applicant’s personality. Including any personal interests or hobbies can help to make an applicant stand out from the rest.
By following these key takeaways, applicants should be able to create a standout resume for a Front Desk Assistant position. A standout resume can go a long way to helping an applicant land their dream job in the hospitality industry.
Let us help you build
Make your resume more organized and attractive with our Resume Builder