If you are looking to become a successful front desk agent and need help writing a resume, you have come to the right place. This guide is designed to provide tips, advice and examples of what to include in a front desk agent resume. With this helpful guide, you will learn how to effectively market your skills and experience to employers and increase your chances of getting your dream job.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for, be sure to check out our complete library of resume examples.
Start building your dream career today!
Create your professional resume in just 5 minutes with our easy-to-use resume builder!
Front Desk Agent Resume Examples
Front Desk Agent
123 Main Street | Anytown, USA 99999 | Phone: (123) 456-7890 | Email: email@example.com
A highly organized and detail- oriented Front Desk Agent with 4+ years of experience in providing exceptional customer service in a fast- paced environment. Possess excellent communication, interpersonal and problem- solving skills. Ability to work efficiently in high- pressure situations, stay organized, and provide professional and courteous service to guests.
- Customer Service
- Multi- tasking
- Interpersonal Communications
- Computer Proficiency
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
- Attention to Detail
Front Desk Agent, ABC Hotel, Los Angeles, CA – 2016- 2020
- Greeted and welcomed guests in a professional and friendly manner
- Provided guests with information regarding hotel services and amenities
- Assisted guests with checking in and out of the hotel
- Addressed guest complaints in a timely and professional manner
- Accepted payments and ran credit card transactions
- Maintained efficient and accurate records of guest payments
- Ensured guest satisfaction through diligent and courteous service
Front Desk Agent, XYZ Resort, Santa Barbara, CA – 2014- 2016
- Oversaw the daily operations of the front desk
- Managed reservations and special requests for large groups
- Answered incoming calls and provided information to guests
- Provided guests with accurate information about local attractions
- Assisted guests with check- in and check- out procedures
- Responded promptly to customer complaints and requests
Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management, University of California, Los Angeles, CA – 2016
Front Desk Agent Resume with No Experience
Highly motivated and organized professional looking to start a career as a Front Desk Agent. Possess excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with a special talent for resolving customer complaints. Proven ability to work well under pressure and multitask effectively.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Superior problem- solving and communication abilities
- Ability to work in a fast- paced and challenging environment
- Excellent organizational and time- management skills
- Proficiency in software operation and clerical tasks
- Skilled at working with a diverse range of customers
- Greeting customers and responding to inquiries
- Collecting and processing payments
- Answering phone calls and responding to emails
- Maintaining accurate records of customer transactions
- Handling customer complaints and issues in a professional manner
- Maintaining the cleanliness and organization of the reception area
- Ensuring security procedures are followed at all times
Front Desk Agent Resume with 2 Years of Experience
Reliable and highly experienced Front Desk Agent with a dedication to excellent customer service. Experienced in overseeing the daily operations of the front desk and providing outstanding customer service to guests. Possesses strong problem- solving skills, a polite and professional attitude, and a diligent work ethic. Able to remain calm and focused in stressful situations, while multitasking and handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent customer service
- Strong problem- solving skills
- Polite and professional attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Working knowledge of hotel management software
- Knowledge of hotel policies and procedures
- Greeting and welcoming guests
- Assisting guests with check- in and check- out
- Answering incoming phone calls and responding to inquiries
- Handling guest complaints
- Processing payments and verifying guests’ reservations
- Coordinating room assignments and providing information on hotel services
- Maintaining security and safety of the premises
- Assisting with luggage and room service as needed
- Updating guest records and ensuring accuracy of information
- Maintaining cleanliness and orderliness of the front desk
- Processing inquiries and requests from guests
- Liaising with other departments as needed
- Maintaining an updated inventory of supplies
- Ensuring compliance with hotel policies and procedures.
Front Desk Agent Resume with 5 Years of Experience
Highly motivated and detail- oriented Front Desk Agent with 5 years of experience working in the hospitality industry. Proven ability to provide excellent customer service, increase guest satisfaction, and effectively handle guest complaints. Demonstrated ability to manage hotel front desk operations, multitask and prioritize tasks, and complete administrative tasks. A self- starter and team player with excellent organizational and problem- solving skills, who is passionate about providing guests with exceptional service.
- Front Desk Operations
- Customer Service
- Administrative Tasks
- Guest Satisfaction
- Problem- Solving
- Organizational Skills
- Greeting guests and checking them in/out of the hotel
- Processing payments and collecting deposits
- Verifying valid forms of identification
- Managing room bookings and cancellations
- Entering guest data into the hotel reservation system
- Providing guests with information about the hotel and local area
- Handling guest complaints and inquiries in a professional manner
- Ensuring the front desk is well- stocked and organized
- Assisting other departments with administrative tasks as needed
Front Desk Agent Resume with 7 Years of Experience
An experienced Front Desk Agent with over 7 years of experience in managing front desk operations in various hospitality settings. Possesses excellent customer service skills, with the ability to attend to client needs in a timely manner. Demonstrates exceptional skills in problem- solving and multitasking. Proficient in using various office software and technologies.
- Customer Service
- Front Desk Operations
- Problem- Solving
- Multi- tasking
- Office Software & Technologies
- Data Entry
- Organizational Skills
- Greeting customers and guests upon arrival
- Answering inquiries in person and over the phone
- Scheduling and managing customer appointments
- Managing customer data including check- in/check- out procedures
- Ensuring customer satisfaction by providing quality customer service
- Providing information about hotel services, facilities and attractions
- Performing basic clerical and administrative duties such as filing, data entry and report preparation
- Receiving and sorting mail on a daily basis
- Taking and delivering messages
- Maintaining the customer database
- Monitoring customer requests and complaints
Front Desk Agent Resume with 10 Years of Experience
A highly organized and motivated professional with over 10 years of experience in the hospitality industry. Possesses excellent customer service, communication and problem solving abilities. Has a proven track record of providing effective and efficient front desk management, including check- in and check- out of guests, handling customer inquiries, and providing information about the hotel services and amenities.
- Exceptional customer service
- Communication and problem solving
- Ability to multitask
- Knowledge of hospitality industry
- Proficient in computer programs and software
- Highly organized
- Ability to handle financial transactions
- Conflict resolution
- Greeting and checking in/out guests
- Updating guest profiles and records
- Processing payments and handling financial transactions
- Answering customer inquiries
- Providing information about services and amenities
- Managing customer complaints
- Troubleshooting and resolving customer issues
- Maintaining a professional and courteous atmosphere
- Ensuring the safety and security of all guests
Front Desk Agent Resume with 15 Years of Experience
Results- driven and experienced Front Desk Agent with 15 years of experience in the hospitality industry. Impeccable customer service skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and effectively, and to remain composed in high- pressure situations. Knowledgeable of a wide range of hospitality services, including booking reservations and filing paperwork. Excellent communication and problem- solving skills, with the ability to work well with guests, management, and staff.
- Exceptional communication and customer service
- Highly organized and detail- oriented
- Ability to multi- task effectively
- Proficient with POS systems
- Excellent problem- solving skills
- Knowledge of hospitality services
- Greeted and checked- in guests to the hotel
- Managed daily hotel operations, including reservations and bookings
- Handled customer inquiries and complaints
- Processed payments and invoicing
- Scheduled meetings and events
- Assisted with daily administrative tasks
- Ensured the cleanliness and upkeep of hotel areas
- Monitored and updated inventories of supplies and amenities
- Assisted with the scheduling of staff members
What should be included in a Front Desk Agent resume?
A Front Desk Agent is an important part of a successful hospitality business. As such, it’s important for a candidate for this position to create a resume that highlights the skills and qualifications necessary for the job.
When crafting a resume for a Front Desk Agent job, there are a few key things to remember. Here is what should be included in a Front Desk Agent resume:
- Professional Summary: Create a brief summary that highlights your experience, key strengths, and professional objectives.
- Relevant Skills: List the skills most relevant to the job, such as customer service, problem solving, and conflict resolution.
- Past Experience: Include previous experience in a similar role, such as hotel front desk or customer service roles.
- Education and Certifications: List any relevant degrees, certifications, and other credentials related to the job.
- Personal Attributes: Highlight any personal attributes that are helpful for the position, such as excellent communication skills and an outgoing personality.
- Computer Skills: Include any computer skills related to hospitality software, such as hotel reservation systems.
- Multilingual: If you speak multiple languages, be sure to include this information on your resume.
- Additional Information: Feel free to include any additional information that you think will be helpful in the job, such as volunteer or extracurricular experience.
By including all of the above information, you will create a comprehensive resume that will give employers an accurate picture of your skills and qualifications for the Front Desk Agent position. Good luck on your job search!
What is a good summary for a Front Desk Agent resume?
A Front Desk Agent is a customer service and hospitality professional who is responsible for providing a high level of service to guests in a hotel setting. As a Front Desk Agent, you will be the first point of contact for visitors, and you will be responsible for ensuring that guests have a positive experience.
Your summary should highlight any customer service and hospitality experience you have, as well as any other relevant skills. Make sure to include any previous experience working with hotel management systems, booking systems, and any other software relevant to the job. Additionally, showcase any awards or recognitions you have received for your customer service skills.
Your summary should also emphasize any related qualifications, such as a certificate in hospitality, customer service or a relevant college degree. Finally, be sure to mention any additional skills that would make you an ideal candidate, such as being bilingual or having knowledge in accounting, marketing, or sales.
With a well-crafted Front Desk Agent resume, you should be able to make a strong first impression that will draw employers to you. Focus on clearly highlighting your customer service and hospitality experience, relevant qualifications, and any additional skills that would make you a great fit for the job.
What is a good objective for a Front Desk Agent resume?
A front desk agent is typically the first point of contact for guests of a hotel, restaurant, or other hospitality establishment. As such, they must be professional and friendly while also having excellent customer service skills. As such, having a good objective statement on a Front Desk Agent resume is key to making a great first impression.
Here are some objectives that can be used on a Front Desk Agent resume:
- To leverage my strong customer service and communication skills to exceed guest satisfaction expectations as a Front Desk Agent
- To use my expertise in hospitality and customer service to provide a superior guest experience and ensure a high level of satisfaction
- To use my extensive knowledge of hotel operations to provide efficient and professional front desk services
- To utilize my organizational and multitasking skills to ensure efficient handling of all front desk operations
- To work as a Front Desk Agent and use my interpersonal skills to create a positive and welcoming environment for all guests
- To utilize my knowledge of customer service and hospitality to provide superior guest experiences at the front desk
How do you list Front Desk Agent skills on a resume?
A Front Desk Agent is a customer service representative who is typically the first point of contact for customers entering an establishment and is responsible for managing customer inquiries and welcoming visitors. When writing a resume for this position, it is important to highlight your customer service, communication and administrative skills. Here is how you can list Front Desk Agent skills on your resume:
- Proven customer service and communication skills: Demonstrate your skills in providing excellent customer service and communication, both in person and over the phone.
- Ability to multitask: Showcase your ability to juggle multiple tasks and ensure each customer is served in an efficient and timely manner.
- Knowledge of administrative procedures: Show that you are well-versed in administrative procedures such as customer registration, record-keeping, and filing.
- Excellent problem-solving skills: Detail how you can solve customer complaints in a professional manner.
- Proficient computer skills: Highlight your ability to use computer programs such as MS Office and POS software.
- Attention to detail: Demonstrate your ability to pay close attention to customer needs and follow through with requests in a timely fashion.
By highlighting these skills on your resume, you can show potential employers that you have the experience and qualifications necessary to be a successful Front Desk Agent.
What skills should I put on my resume for Front Desk Agent?
When applying for a Front Desk Agent position, you want to make sure your skills stand out. In this role, you’ll be responsible for managing the front office area of a company, so your resume should clearly demonstrate your ability to do this job. Here are some of the key skills you should include on your resume for a Front Desk Agent position:
- Superior customer service: As a Front Desk Agent, you’ll be the face of the company and the first point of contact for customers. You should emphasize your excellent interpersonal skills and your ability to communicate effectively with customers.
- Professionalism: As a Front Desk Agent, it’s important to maintain a professional demeanor at all times. You should emphasize your ability to remain composed and professional in any situation.
- Computer skills: Most companies use computers for customer service, so it’s important to demonstrate your ability to use a computer quickly and efficiently. Showcase any experience you have with common programs such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Attention to detail: As a Front Desk Agent, you’ll be responsible for ensuring customer information is accurate and up-to-date. Showcase your ability to pay attention to detail and make sure everything is in order.
- Problem solving: You should be able to think on your feet and solve problems quickly. Showcase any experience you have in dealing with customer complaints and resolving difficult situations.
By including these key skills on your resume, you can demonstrate to potential employers that you have the necessary qualifications to be a successful Front Desk Agent.
Key takeaways for an Front Desk Agent resume
Front desk agents are the first point of contact for customers and guests at a business. They are responsible for creating a welcoming and hospitable environment by providing excellent customer service. A great front desk agent resume should be tailored to the position you are applying for and highlight your relevant skills, experiences, and accomplishments.
Here are some key takeaways to keep in mind when crafting your front desk agent resume:
- Highlight Your Relevant Skills: Your resume should include the specific skills you have that make you a great candidate for the job. These skills should be related to the specific duties of a front desk agent, such as customer service, hospitality, computer proficiency, and knowledge of any relevant software.
- Showcase Your Experiences: Include any previous experience you have in a customer service role. This could include anything from working as a host at a restaurant to volunteering at a customer service desk. Be sure to highlight your accomplishments in these roles.
- Demonstrate Your Professionalism: Your resume should demonstrate your professionalism, including following directions and being able to work well with others. Be sure to include any awards or recognition you have received for your customer service skills.
- Emphasize Any Relevant Education: If you have any relevant certifications or education related to customer service, be sure to include them in your resume. This will show that you are dedicated to the field and have the qualifications to back it up.
By utilizing these key takeaways, you can create an effective front desk agent resume that will impress potential employers. Keep these tips in mind when crafting
Let us help you build
Make your resume more organized and attractive with our Resume Builder