Having a resume that stands out from the competition can be a great way to ensure that you land the job of your dreams. The corporate receptionist is a key position in any business, and it’s important to make sure your resume reflects the skills and qualifications that companies are looking for. The challenge is knowing what to include in your resume in a way that is professional, succinct, and effective. To help you with the task of curating a strong corporate receptionist resume, this article provides a guide on what to include in your resume, along with examples to provide inspiration.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for, be sure to check out our complete library of resume examples.
Start building your dream career today!
Create your professional resume in just 5 minutes with our easy-to-use resume builder!
Corporate Receptionist Resume Examples
123 Main Street | Anytown, USA 99999 | Phone: (123) 456-7890 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A highly organized, confident and experienced individual with excellent customer service and communication skills. Proven proficiency in administrative and reception duties, coupled with a strong ability to multitask in a fast- paced environment. Demonstrated aptitude in providing a warm and welcoming atmosphere to all visitors, while also possessing the interpersonal skills needed to manage inquiries and ensure the smooth running of the front desk.
- Exceptional customer service
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Organization and multitasking
- Computer literate
- Time management
- Issue resolution
- Telephone and switchboard operation
Receptionist, ABC Corporation, 2019 – Present
- Greeted all visitors, offering them refreshments and directing them to the appropriate areas.
- Answered, screened and forwarded incoming calls in accordance with set procedures.
- Managed the mail, sorting and distributing it accordingly.
- Created and maintained filing systems for documents and client records.
- Updated the company’s database and provided administrative support to the team.
- Ensured the reception area was presentable and stocked with necessary supplies.
High School Diploma, Anytown High School, Anytown, USA, 2014
Corporate Receptionist Resume with No Experience
Recent college graduate with excellent customer service, communication and organizational skills, seeking to become a corporate receptionist. Thoroughly dedicated to providing a high level of customer service, and possesses a strong desire to learn and grow professionally.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Computer literate
- Time management skills
- Multi- tasking ability
- Greeting visitors and clients
- Answering and forwarding phone calls
- Handling incoming and outgoing mail
- Supporting administrative staff
- Maintaining a professional reception area
- Managing meeting room bookings
- Assisting with other tasks as required
Corporate Receptionist Resume with 2 Years of Experience
Dynamic and service- oriented Receptionist with over 2 years of experience providing professional customer service. Adept at developing and maintaining positive relationships with clients and staff, while efficiently handling administrative tasks. Strong communicator and multi- tasker, with a keen eye for detail and an extensive knowledge of office equipment.
- Superior customer service skills
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Organizational and time- management skills
- Experience working with MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of office equipment such as printers, scanners, and copiers
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively
- Ability to consistently adhere to company policies
- Greeting visitors and directing them to the appropriate offices
- Manage incoming and outgoing calls
- Sort, distribute, and file paperwork
- Create and update databases with client information
- Monitor office supplies and order new stock when needed
- Troubleshoot equipment and provide maintenance when needed
- Provide general administrative support, including data entry and filing
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Assist with scheduling and planning meetings and events
Corporate Receptionist Resume with 5 Years of Experience
A highly organized and efficient Corporate Receptionist with 5 years of professional experience providing exceptional customer service and office support in a corporate environment. Possesses excellent communication and problem- solving skills, as well as extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office programs. Committed to providing accurate and efficient clerical and administrative functions to ensure a seamless and professional corporate reception experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Superb organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication ability
- Highly detail- oriented
- Professional customer service
- Ability to multi- task
- Strong problem- solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Greeted and directed corporate visitors in a professional manner
- Responded to incoming phone calls and emails
- Managed the front desk, including sorting and distributing mail
- Managed company calendars and bookings for meetings
- Maintained office supplies and equipment
- Provided administrative support tasks, such as creating and maintaining records, preparing documents, and scheduling appointments
- Assisted with data entry and filing
- Provided customer service support to visitors and employees
Corporate Receptionist Resume with 7 Years of Experience
Highly motivated and organized Corporate Receptionist with 7 years of experience in providing administrative and customer support. Possesses excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a knack for quickly building rapport with clients. Proven ability to remain calm and level headed under pressure, and to take initiative in challenging situations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized and self- motivated
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to multi- task
- Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure
- Excellent problem- solving skills
- Greeted customers warmly and answered phones in a professional manner
- Managed front office operations, including filing, scheduling appointments, and managing emails
- Assisted with the organization and coordination of office activities and staff functions
- Handled customer inquiries and relayed messages to the appropriate parties
- Provided admin support for managers and the executive team
- Maintained office supplies and equipment, ordering new supplies as needed
- Tracked incoming and outgoing mail and managed the logging and distribution of parcels
- Ensured the office remains clean and tidy
- Prepared and distributed meeting materials as required
Corporate Receptionist Resume with 10 Years of Experience
A corporate receptionist with 10 years of experience providing exceptional customer service and administrative support to busy organizations. Possesses excellent interpersonal skills, a professional attitude, and a good work ethic. Also has an impressive record of meeting customer phone and reception desk demands in a polite and efficient manner. Skilled in multitasking, organization, and problem solving.
- Customer Service
- Problem Solving
- Interpersonal Skills
- Front Desk Management
- Greet visitors, customers, and vendors in a professional and friendly manner
- Answer incoming calls and direct them to the appropriate parties
- Serve as a point of contact for clients and employees
- Maintain the reception area and conference rooms in a presentable manner
- Manage the daily operations of the front desk
- Schedule and coordinate appointments, meetings, and events
- Assist in the preparation of presentations, reports, and other documents
- Resolve customer inquiries and complaints in a timely fashion
- Perform data entry and other clerical tasks as needed
Corporate Receptionist Resume with 15 Years of Experience
I am a professional Corporate Receptionist with 15 years of experience providing exceptional customer service and administrative support to corporate clients. I am experienced in handling multiple phone lines, scheduling meetings, and preparing correspondence. My excellent customer service skills, keen eye for detail, and strong organizational skills make me an asset to any organization. I am experienced in greeting guests, scheduling appointments, and managing calendars. I possess a proven ability to provide highly professional customer service and ensure that all office needs are met in a timely and efficient manner.
- Outstanding customer service
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to take initiative and follow- through on projects
- Experience with scheduling and calendaring
- Thorough knowledge of office management procedures
- Greet and assist visitors and clients
- Answer and direct incoming calls
- Handle and distribute mail and faxes
- Maintain appointments in the calendar
- Schedule meetings and conference calls
- Maintain office supplies
- Prepare and type correspondence, reports, and presentations
- Provide general administrative support
- Ensure office is neat and organized
- Monitor and respond to emails
- Handle procurement of office supplies
What should be included in a Corporate Receptionist resume?
A corporate receptionist is the first point of contact for visitors, customers, and employees at a business. As such, it is important for receptionists to make a great first impression and to be well-versed in customer service. Thus, it is essential to include certain information on a corporate receptionist resume, to ensure it is as effective as possible.
Below are some of the must-have elements of a corporate receptionist resume:
- Contact Information: At the top of the resume, applicants should include their full name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- Employment History: Next, the applicant should include all professional work experience relevant to the role, listing the job title, company name, and dates of employment.
- Education: The applicant should include all relevant academic qualifications, including the name of the educational institution and any qualifications and certifications obtained.
- Skills: Receptionists should have a variety of skills, including excellent communication and customer service, proficiency in Microsoft Office and other technologies, and a professional telephone manner. Applicants should list all relevant skills on their resume.
- Summary: A summary of the applicant’s experience, qualifications, and key skills is also important, as this will give potential employers an overview of the applicant’s suitability for the role.
By including these essential elements in a corporate receptionist resume, an applicant can ensure they make a great first impression with potential employers.
What is a good summary for a Corporate Receptionist resume?
A corporate receptionist resume should provide an overview of your current experience and qualifications for the position. It should include a summary of your receptionist duties, such as greeting and directing visitors, answering phones, and handling basic office tasks. Additionally, the resume should emphasize your interpersonal skills, such as customer service, communication, and problem-solving abilities. It should also demonstrate your computer skills and ability to work as part of a team. Finally, the resume should include a list of your relevant education and experience, such as customer service, office administration, and related certifications. By highlighting your skills and qualifications, you can create a resume that will help you stand out as a corporate receptionist.
What is a good objective for a Corporate Receptionist resume?
A corporate receptionist is a key member of any front office team, acting as the first point of contact for customers and clients alike. As such, having a well-crafted resume objective is essential for getting noticed and potentially landing an interview.
In order to stand out among the competition, it’s important to make sure your objective statement is clear, concise and tailored to the position. Here are some examples of good corporate receptionist resume objectives:
- To use my excellent customer service and problem solving abilities as a corporate receptionist to create a welcoming and efficient work environment for all visitors.
- To utilize my strong organizational and communication skills to provide a professional and friendly experience for all clients and customers.
- Seeking to leverage my communication and interpersonal abilities as a corporate receptionist to ensure the highest levels of customer service are met.
- To work as a corporate receptionist and contribute to a positive organizational culture through my attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Eager to join an organization as a corporate receptionist and utilize my knowledge of office protocol to ensure a positive customer experience.
By utilizing one of these objectives, you can demonstrate your enthusiasm and commitment to succeeding in the role. With the right objective statement, you’ll be sure to make a great impression with your corporate receptionist resume.
How do you list Corporate Receptionist skills on a resume?
A Corporate Receptionist is an important part of any business, as they are responsible for greeting guests, handling incoming calls, and providing a positive first impression for visitors. To be considered for this role, your resume must contain a comprehensive list of the skills you possess that make you an ideal candidate.
Here are some important skills to list on your resume when applying for a Corporate Receptionist position:
- Communication: Corporate Receptionists must have excellent communication skills and the ability to converse with people both in person and over the phone in a professional and friendly manner.
- Interpersonal Skills: Corporate Receptionists should also possess strong interpersonal skills, as they must be able to interact effectively with customers and coworkers.
- Problem-Solving: Corporate Receptionists should be able to assess customer problems and find solutions that best meet their needs.
- Organization: Corporate Receptionists must be highly organized and detail-oriented in order to handle a variety of tasks effectively.
- Time Management: Corporate Receptionists must be able to manage their time efficiently and prioritize tasks in order to handle the demands of the job.
- Computer Skills: Corporate Receptionists need to be comfortable using a variety of computer programs, such as customer information systems and appointment-scheduling software.
By including these skills on your resume, employers will see that you have the qualifications necessary to successfully fill the Corporate Receptionist role.
What skills should I put on my resume for Corporate Receptionist?
When preparing your resume for a Corporate Receptionist position, you need to highlight the skills that will make you an excellent candidate. To help you get started, here are some of the key skills employers are looking for in a Corporate Receptionist:
- Strong Communication Skills: As a Corporate Receptionist, you will be responsible for communicating with a wide range of people, from executives and company personnel to customers and vendors. You should be able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Professional Phone Etiquette: Your ability to handle phone calls professionally can set you apart from other candidates. You should be able to answer calls and direct them to the appropriate person or department.
- Organizational Skills: You should be able to manage multiple tasks and prioritize them accordingly. Being organized and efficient will help you to ensure that all requests are handled in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of Office Software: Employers expect that you are proficient in using computer systems and various office software programs. You should highlight any experience you have with Microsoft Office, customer relationship management systems, and other software programs used in a corporate office setting.
- Attention to Detail: You should be able to pay attention to details when it comes to organizing the reception area, scheduling meetings, and handling requests.
- Customer Service Skills: As a Corporate Receptionist, you should be prepared to provide excellent customer service. You should be friendly and professional when interacting with customers, answering inquiries, and providing information.
These are just some of the skills employers are looking for in a Corporate Receptionist. Be sure to include any other relevant skills that you have, such as experience with scheduling software or knowledge of a foreign language.
Key takeaways for an Corporate Receptionist resume
If you are looking for a job as a corporate receptionist, it is important to make sure your resume stands out from the rest and effectively conveys your experience and qualifications. Here are some key takeaways to keep in mind when crafting your corporate receptionist resume:
- Highlight Your People Skills: As a corporate receptionist, you will be one of the first people that visitors interact with when entering the office. Make sure to emphasize your interpersonal skills, such as being personable, professional, and courteous.
- Include Relevant Experience: If you have prior experience as a receptionist, make sure to include it in your resume. Highlight any professional accomplishments, such as streamlining processes or discovering cost-savings.
- Demonstrate Your Multitasking Skills: Corporate receptionists need to be able to manage multiple tasks at once. Make sure to showcase your organizational skills and your ability to juggle multiple responsibilities.
- Share Your Knowledge: Include any technical skills you have in your resume, such as knowledge of office equipment or software. This will demonstrate your ability to quickly learn and adapt to new systems.
- Show Your Professionalism: Above all, the most important thing is to present yourself as a professional. Make sure to use correct grammar, proofread for errors, and emphasize any customer service awards or certifications.
By following these key takeaways, you can create a resume that stands out and effectively showcases your qualifications for a corporate receptionist job. Good luck with your job search!
Let us help you build
Make your resume more organized and attractive with our Resume Builder