If you are looking for a clerical support role, having a well-written and effective resume is essential. Writing a resume for a clerical support role can be a daunting task because you have to demonstrate a broad range of skills and abilities. You need to show employers that you can handle office tasks, have strong communication skills, are organized and detail-oriented, and are knowledgeable about technology. This guide will provide you with tips and examples on how to create a winning resume for a clerical support role. We will provide you with some key tips to include in your resume, as well as some effective examples of resumes written for clerical support roles. By following these tips, you will be able to easily write a resume that will help you stand out and get your dream job.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for, be sure to check out our complete library of resume examples.
Start building your dream career today!
Create your professional resume in just 5 minutes with our easy-to-use resume builder!
Clerical Support Resume Examples
123 Main Street | Anytown, USA 99999 | Phone: (123) 456-7890 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A highly organized and detail- oriented administrative professional with over 4 years of experience providing comprehensive clerical support in a wide range of office settings. Possess a comprehensive understanding of clerical and administrative procedures, excellent organizational and multi- tasking skills and a demonstrated ability to juggle multiple priorities. Proven ability to maintain records, prepare and update documents and provide excellent customer service.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Knowledge of office administration
- Effective problem- solving skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent typing and data entry skills
- Provided clerical support including filing, data entry, record keeping, and customer service
- Assisted with daily administrative tasks such as preparing documents, printing and mailing, as well as scheduling appointments
- Organized and maintained electronic and paper files in accordance with company protocols
- Compiled and analyzed data to generate reports and presentations
- Answered and responded to customer queries
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration, University of Minnesota (2017)
Clerical Support Resume with No Experience
Recent college graduate with excellent communication and organizational skills, looking to obtain a position as a Clerical Support. Motivated to learn new skills and procedures and work in a team environment.
- Excellent communicator
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Time management
- Able to work in a team environment
- Answering incoming calls
- Data entry and record keeping
- Maintaining filing systems
- Handling incoming and outgoing mail
- Scheduling and organizing meetings
- Assisting with other administrative tasks
- Greeting and directing guests
- Sorting and distributing incoming mail
- Assisting in office organization and upkeep
- Maintaining office supplies
- Creating and distributing documents such as memos and reports
Clerical Support Resume with 2 Years of Experience
Clerical Support Professional with 2 years of experience providing administrative and operational support in busy office settings. Highly organized, detail- oriented, and capable of multitasking to complete challenging tasks. Passionate about providing excellent customer service, adept at identifying client needs and providing collaborative solutions.
- Self- motivated and organized
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Able to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent customer service
- Data entry with high accuracy
- Inventory management
- Ability to work with confidential material
- Handled incoming and outgoing correspondence
- Answered and directed phone calls
- Assisted in the preparation of documents such as memos, reports, and presentations
- Managed the filing and retrieval of confidential documents
- Scheduled meetings, appointments and travel arrangements
- Maintained and updated client databases
- Processed purchase orders, invoices and payments
- Conducted research and compiled data
- Assisted in the set up and operation of office equipment
- Monitored inventory levels and ordered supplies as needed
Clerical Support Resume with 5 Years of Experience
Motivated, organized, and detail- oriented Clerical Support professional with 5 years of experience in providing exceptional administrative and organizational support to ensure seamless operations in a variety of office settings. Possessing excellent multitasking and problem- solving skills, as well as a passion for ensuring customer satisfaction. Committed to remaining current on industry trends and best practices.
- Customer service
- Organizational and filing skills
- Data entry
- Data analysis
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Provided customer service, including answering incoming calls and addressing customer inquiries
- Managed daily administrative tasks, including data entry, filing, and document management
- Performed general office duties, including word processing, mail sorting, and photocopying
- Sorted, filed, and maintained customer information in compliance with applicable data protection regulations
- Analyzed data to identify trends and make recommendations for improvements
- Assisted with special projects as needed
- Provided backup support for other clerical staff as needed
Clerical Support Resume with 7 Years of Experience
A highly organized and detail- oriented professional with seven years of experience in providing exceptional clerical support to various departments. Possess solid communication and organizational skills, as well as a proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite tools. An excellent multi- tasker capable of managing multiple tasks at once, while remaining highly focused and dedicated. A team player who is reliable and enjoys being part of a successful team.
- Data processing
- Database management
- File management
- Records management
- Word processing
- Administrative support
- Organizational skills
- Multi- tasking
- Maintained filing system of records, documents and other material
- Processed and organized data, including customer information and order forms
- Provided administrative and clerical support such as typing, mail sorting, data entry and filing
- Answered phone calls and routed calls to appropriate staff
- Prepared correspondence and documents, including reports, memos and letters
- Organized and maintained office supplies
- Assisted with arranging meetings and special events
- Proofread documents for accuracy and completeness
Clerical Support Resume with 10 Years of Experience
A dedicated and reliable Clerical Support Professional with ten years of experience providing administrative, customer service, and data entry support. Possesses an in- depth understanding of office procedures and keen attention to detail. Effective at multi- tasking, problem- solving, and working independently with minimal supervision. An excellent communicator with the ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Data Entry
- Customer Service
- Office Procedures
- Multi- tasking
- Problem- solving
- Time Management
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Attention to Detail
- Accurately entered customer data into company databases
- Assisted with various clerical duties such as filing, typing, copying, and scanning
- Provided customer service support by responding to inquiries and resolving issues
- Assisted customers in- person and over the phone
- Processed orders and payments
- Scheduled appointments and maintained calendars
- Answered incoming calls and emails
- Identified and addressed customer service issues in a timely manner
- Developed and maintained positive relationships with customers
- Organized and maintained filing systems and databases
Clerical Support Resume with 15 Years of Experience
An experienced professional in the field of clerical support, with over 15 years of experience in providing essential support services to clients, businesses, and organizations. Possess strong skills in data entry, customer service, bookkeeping, and administrative assistance. Proven success in providing efficient, accurate, and organized administrative services to ensure all tasks are completed on time and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Data Entry
- Customer Service
- Administrative Assistance
- Organizational Skills
- Time Management
- Computer Proficiency
- Multi- tasking
- Provided administrative and clerical support to business managers and staff.
- Performed data entry and general bookkeeping duties.
- Answered customer inquiries and provided customer service.
- Organized office documents, files and correspondence.
- Created and maintained detailed records for accounts receivable and payable.
- Prepared documents, reports and presentations.
- Scheduled and organized meetings, travel arrangements and appointments.
- Monitored and responded to incoming emails and phone calls.
- Assisted in developing and implementing new office procedures.
- Coordinated with other departments to ensure efficient workflow.
- Provided support in the preparation of budgets.
- Processed orders, invoices and payments.
What should be included in a Clerical Support resume?
A clerical support resume should include a summary of your relevant skills and experience, as well as a list of your work history. In order to make a successful application, you need to show that you have the skills and experience necessary for the job.
Here is what should be included in a clerical support resume:
- A summary of your experience with clerical support, including any specific computer programs, filing systems, and data entry.
- A list of any professional certifications or continuing education courses related to clerical support.
- Your best clerical support skills, such as organizational skills, communication skills, problem-solving, and multitasking.
- An explanation of how your previous experiences prepared you for this job, such as customer service, data entry, and other office tasks.
- Examples of projects you completed while working in clerical support, such as filing, organizing documents, and other administrative tasks.
- Any other relevant work experience, such as volunteer work or unpaid internships.
- Any awards or recognition you have received for your work in clerical support, such as Employee of the Month.
- The names and contact information of 2-3 professional references who can vouch for your skills and abilities.
What is a good summary for a Clerical Support resume?
A good summary for a Clerical Support resume should showcase the candidate’s ability to provide efficient and quality administrative support, as well as their skills in data entry, recordkeeping, and customer service. It should also highlight any experience with office equipment and software, such as computers, scanners, and other office technology. The summary should demonstrate the candidate’s passion for working in an office environment and their commitment to helping the business succeed. It should also mention any relevant certifications, such as Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) certification from the Association of Administrative Professionals (AAP). Finally, the summary should demonstrate the candidate’s ability to work both independently and as part of a team, as well as their ability to remain organized and efficient in a busy office environment.
What is a good objective for a Clerical Support resume?
A clerical support resume should focus on how you can provide administrative assistance to a team or organization. When writing an objective for a clerical support resume, it should highlight the key skills, qualifications, and experiences you have to offer. It should also make it clear that you are an organized, detail-oriented individual who can take on multiple responsibilities.
Here are a few examples of good objectives for a clerical support resume:
- Seeking a clerical support role to utilize my strong organizational, time management, and communication skills.
- Experienced professional looking to utilize my administrative skills in a clerical support role.
- Eager to apply my expertise in clerical duties to ensure efficient operations and support.
- Seeking a clerical support role to provide assistance and support to organizational teams.
- Looking for an opportunity to utilize my customer service and problem-solving skills in a clerical support role.
- Motivated individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills seeking a clerical support role.
How do you list Clerical Support skills on a resume?
Clerical Support skills are a must-have for any role that requires administrative support. When listing Clerical Support skills on a resume, it’s important to showcase the qualifications that you possess that make you a strong candidate for the job. Here are some of the most common Clerical Support skills to list on a resume:
- Strong organizational skills: Clerical Support staff must be able to manage multiple tasks efficiently, while staying organized and on track.
- Proficiency with office equipment: Clerical Support staff must have a working knowledge of computers, printers, and other office equipment.
- Knowledge of office protocols: Clerical Support staff must be familiar with standard office protocols, such as filing systems and data entry procedures.
- Excellent communication skills: Clerical Support staff must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with other staff members and customers.
- Attention to detail: Clerical Support staff must pay close attention to detail to ensure accuracy in all documents and records.
- Time management: Clerical Support staff must be able to prioritize tasks and manage their time efficiently.
- Problem-solving: Clerical Support staff must be able to resolve any issues that arise quickly and without disrupting the workflow.
What skills should I put on my resume for Clerical Support?
Your resume for a clerical support position should demonstrate your ability to handle administrative tasks, provide customer service, and maintain organization in the work place. Here are some skills that you should consider including on your resume when applying for a clerical support position.
- Professionalism: Clerical support staff are often the first people that clients and customers interact with when they enter an office, so having a professional demeanor is essential when working in a clerical support role.
- Customer Service: Clerical support staff should have excellent customer service skills. This involves being able to communicate clearly and effectively, being able to handle customer inquiries, and being friendly and helpful.
- Computer Skills: Clerical support staff typically use computers and other types of technology to complete tasks. Including your knowledge of various software programs such as Microsoft Office Suite and other programs is important for demonstrating your computer skills on your resume.
- Data Entry/Typing: Clerical support staff should have accurate data entry and typing skills. Highlighting your touch typing speed and your ability to accurately enter data into spreadsheets or databases is important for a clerical support role.
- Organization: Being able to maintain an organized workplace is essential for clerical support staff. This includes filing documents, keeping track of supplies, and organizing data.
- Time Management: Clerical support staff should have good time management skills in order to handle multiple tasks and prioritize tasks that need to be completed.
By including these skills on your resume, employers will be able to see that you possess the necessary skills and qualifications for a clerical support position.
Key takeaways for an Clerical Support resume
It is important for clerical support staff to have a well-written resume in order to stand out from the competition. A strong resume should be tailored to the job you are applying for and include key information that reflects your skills, experience, and qualifications. Here are some key takeaways to keep in mind when crafting your resume:
- Highlight Your Clerical Skills: Clerical support staff need to demonstrate a range of skills and knowledge in order to be successful in the role. Make sure to list your specific clerical skills, such as data entry, filing, document scanning, and word processing. Showcase your ability to multitask and stay organized even in a fast-paced environment.
- Showcase Your Communication Skills: As a clerical support staff member, you will be interacting with customers and other stakeholders on a daily basis. Highlight your ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with others. Demonstrate your knowledge of various communication tools and techniques, such as email, phone, and in-person.
- Demonstrate Your Leadership Potential: While clerical support roles involve mostly administrative duties, show that you have the potential for bigger projects. Include any leadership roles or projects you have undertaken in the past and make sure to emphasize any successes you have had.
- Detail Your Experience: Make sure to list all relevant experience on your resume, including any internships, part-time jobs, or volunteer positions. Describe your roles and tasks for each position and emphasize any successes or challenges you faced.
By following these tips, you can create an effective clerical support resume that will help you stand out from the competition. With a well-crafted resume, you can ensure that you put your best foot forward and secure the job of your dreams.
Let us help you build
Make your resume more organized and attractive with our Resume Builder