Writing a resume as an accounting intern is a great way to showcase your skills in the accounting field and make yourself stand out. It is important to keep your accounting resume concise, concise, and tailored to the job you’re applying for. This guide will help you write a winning accounting intern resume, with examples and tips for writing an impressive resume that will help you land an accounting internship. With the right resume, you will have the chance to make a positive impression on potential employers and maximize your chances of success.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for, be sure to check out our complete library of resume examples.
Start building your dream career today!
Create your professional resume in just 5 minutes with our easy-to-use resume builder!
Accounting Intern Resume Examples
123 Main Street | Anytown, USA 99999 | Phone: (123) 456-7890 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enthusiastic accounting intern with experience in financial reporting, accounts receivable and accounts payable. Possesses strong problem-solving and organizational skills, with an aptitude for quickly learning new tasks and technologies. Seeking to leverage expertise and knowledge to gain valuable accounting experience with a reputable company.
- Financial Reporting
- Accounts Receivable/Payable
- Financial Analysis
- Bank Reconciliations
- Process Improvement
- Data Entry
- Spreadsheet Management
ABC Corporation, Anytown, USA – August 2019 to Present
- Reconcile accounts and prepare journal entries for account adjustments
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial statements
- Create reports for management to review and analyze financial data
- Maintain and update financial records for various accounts
- Assist in the preparation of budget documents
Bachelor of Science in Accounting
Anytown University, Anytown, USA – May 2019
- GPA: 3.8
Accounting Intern Resume with No Experience
Recent accounting graduate with exceptional problem solving skills and a passion for data analytics. Seeking to leverage my knowledge and abilities to contribute to the success of an accounting firm.
- Proven ability to develop financial statements and reports
- Experienced in creating financial forecasts, budgets and projections
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other accounting software
- Ability to multitask and manage competing deadlines
- Assisted in preparing client financial statements and reports
- Recorded and reconciled transactions against source documents
- Analyzed financial data and provided meaningful interpretation
- Created financial forecasts, budgets and projections
- Assisted in the preparation of audit working papers
- Researched complex accounting topics and answered client inquiries
- Assisted in preparing tax filings and other financial documents
- Maintained accurate and complete documentation of financial records
Accounting Intern Resume with 2 Years of Experience
Highly organized and motivated accounting intern with 2 years of experience in financial statements review, general ledger analysis, and account reconciliation. Adept in creating financial reports, analyzing discrepancies, and managing large data sets. Possesses a strong aptitude for problem-solving and research.
Financial Statements Review
General Ledger Analysis
- Reviewed financial statements and identified discrepancies in accounts
- Analyzed general ledger to ensure accuracy and compliance with accounting standards
- Reconciled accounts and created reports to document financial transactions
- Developed systems to track and manage large data sets
- Created spreadsheets to accurately record financial information
- Conducted research to identify new methods and techniques for financial analysis
- Assisted in preparing financial documents for audits and other financial reviews
Accounting Intern Resume with 5 Years of Experience
Highly motivated accounting intern with 5 years of experience in bookkeeping and data analysis. Seeking to utilize my experience in financial analysis and reporting at a progressive company that values hard work and dedication.
- Financial Analysis
- Data Analysis
- Report Generation
- Database Maintenance
- Maintained accurate records of all finances for the organization
- Assisted in the preparation of financial statements, reports and budgets
- Analyzed financial data to identify trends and adjustments that can be made to improve profitability
- Monitored accounts receivable and accounts payable to ensure timely payments and collections
- Developed and implemented procedures to improve the efficiency of day-to-day accounting activities
- Generated monthly and quarterly financial reports for management
- Assisted in the preparation of tax returns and other financial documents
- Prepared bank reconciliations and other financial transaction documents
- Processed payroll for staff and contractors
Accounting Intern Resume with 7 Years of Experience
Accounting intern with 7 years of experience in the financial sector. Possesses a deep understanding of accounting principles, financial reports, and procedures. Skilled in developing financial statements, financial models, and reports. Excellent problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Financial reporting
- Tax preparation
- Bank reconciliation
- Financial management
- Cost analysis
- Reviewed and processed financial documents, including invoices, statements and reports.
- Assisted senior staff with financial reports and analysis.
- Reconciled bank accounts and prepared journal entries.
- Analyzed financial data, identified trends and made recommendations.
- Developed financial models and forecasts.
- Assisted with audits and tax returns.
- Managed budgets, prepared financial statements and cost reports.
- Processed accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Generated and maintained records of financial transactions.
- Monitored cash flow and identified areas of improvement.
Accounting Intern Resume with 10 Years of Experience
Highly motivated accounting intern with 10 years of experience providing financial guidance and support to multiple organizations. Possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills, as well as a strong working knowledge of financial management and accounting processes. Skilled in streamlining financial operations to reduce costs and improve profitability.
- Financial Management
- Cost Reduction
- Project Management
- Financial Analysis
- Budget Planning
- Accounts Payable/Receivable
- Tax Preparation
- Interpersonal Skills
- Prepared and analyzed financial statements such as income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements to evaluate financial performance.
- Conducted in-depth audits of financial accounts and records to identify opportunities for cost savings and efficiency improvements.
- Developed and implemented new accounting processes and procedures to improve financial accuracy and compliance.
- Managed multiple projects simultaneously and maintained tight deadlines.
- Supported the month-end closing process, including the preparation and tracking of journal entries.
- Prepared and filed tax returns and conducted research to ensure compliance with tax regulations.
- Assisted in the development of the annual budget and provided monthly variance updates.
- Provided support with the accounts payable and accounts receivable processes.
Accounting Intern Resume with 15 Years of Experience
Highly experienced accounting intern with more than 15 years of experience in financial analysis, accounting, and auditing. Demonstrated expertise in developing financial solutions and streamlining processes. Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as collaboratively in team settings. Adept at identifying discrepancies and fraud, and resolving financial issues.
- Financial Analysis
- Accounting Principles
- Risk Management
- Spreadsheet Development
- Report Preparation
- Budget Monitoring
- Collaborative Teamwork
- Prepared financial and tax reports for management review.
- Maintained and updated all financial records.
- Assisted in the development of budget plans and monitored budget performance.
- Created spreadsheets and databases to organize financial data.
- Conducted financial audits to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Analyzed financial trends and advised management on potential solutions.
- Identified discrepancies, fraud, and other financial issues.
- Developed strategies to improve cost efficiency and profitability.
- Provided daily support to the accounting team.
In addition to this, be sure to check out our resume templates, resume formats, cover letter examples, job description, and career advice pages for more helpful tips and advice.
What should be included in a Accounting Intern resume?
When applying for an accounting intern position, a resume is your most important tool in demonstrating your qualifications and abilities. Here are some tips to ensure your resume properly reflects your skills and experience for the role.
- Objective Statement – Start your resume with a brief statement about your desired career goal and how the internship will help you reach it.
- Education – Provide a summary of your highest educational qualifications, including the name of the degree, school, and year of graduation.
- Qualifications – List your accounting-related qualifications, such as any professional certifications or licenses.
- Relevant Experience – Describe any accounting or finance experience you have, even if it is not directly related to the role.
- Computer Skills – List any computer programs or software you are proficient in, such as financial analysis software or accounting software.
- Technical Skills – If you have any technical skills related to accounting, such as working with complex financial models or preparing financial reports, these should be included.
- Soft Skills – Include any soft skills that you possess which could be beneficial in the job, such as problem-solving, communication, or organizational abilities.
- Relevant Courses – List any accounting or finance courses you have taken which are relevant to the role.
- Additional Skills – If you have any other skills which could be beneficial to the role, such as database management or spreadsheet expertise, include these as well.
By following these tips, you can make sure your Accounting Intern resume accurately reflects your qualifications and experience. Doing so will give you the best chance of being selected for the role.
What is a good summary for a Accounting Intern resume?
A good summary for an Accounting Intern resume should highlight the candidate’s skills in financial reporting, problem-solving, data analysis, and compliance. It should also mention any accounting-related coursework the candidate has completed, as well as any related experience they have. Additionally, it should emphasize the candidate’s desire to learn and grow professionally, as well as any relevant technical skills they possess. The summary should also demonstrate the candidate’s ability to work with a team and their strong organizational and communication skills.
What is a good objective for a Accounting Intern resume?
When writing a resume for an accounting intern position, it is important to include a strong, clear objective at the top of your resume. This objective should reflect a dedication to the accounting profession and demonstrate your enthusiasm for taking on both new and existing accounting responsibilities.
A good objective for a accounting intern resume should emphasize your prior experience, educational background, and specialized skills. It should also indicate an eagerness to work under the supervision of experienced professionals in order to gain a better understanding of the accounting profession and grow as an accounting professional.
For example, a good objective could read something like, “Recent accounting graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting looking to gain further experience in the field by working as an Accounting Intern at ABC Company. Possessing strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as strong organizational and communication skills, I am confident I can contribute to the team’s success.”
By including a strong, clear objective, you can demonstrate to potential employers that you are passionate about the accounting profession and are eager to grow your knowledge and experience as an accounting intern.
How do you list Accounting Intern skills on a resume?
When creating a resume, it is important to highlight the skills you have acquired as an accounting intern. This will help to demonstrate to potential employers that you are competent and have knowledge in the area of accounting. Here are some of the accounting intern skills to consider when writing your resume:
- Accounting Software Proficiency – Demonstrate your proficiency in any accounting software that you have worked with in your internship. This could include popular accounting packages such as QuickBooks, Peachtree, or MYOB.
- Financial Reporting – Show that you have experience in preparing financial reports such as balance sheets, income statements, and other reports for decision-making.
- Reconciling Accounts – Show that you have knowledge and experience in reconciling accounts such as bank accounts, credit accounts, and other financial accounts.
- Auditing Skills – Showcase any auditing skills you have acquired in your internship such as examining records, detecting errors, and creating reports.
- Tax Preparation Skills – Demonstrate your knowledge in preparing tax forms and understanding the varying tax regulations in different countries.
- Analytical Skills – Show that you have the ability to analyze data, make well-informed decisions, and draw conclusions.
- Organization and Time Management – Showcase your organizational skills and your ability to manage your time when completing tasks.
- Communication – Highlight any communication skills you have acquired such as written and verbal communication.
By highlighting these accounting intern skills on your resume, you will be able to show potential employers that you have the qualifications and experience to be a successful accounting professional.
What skills should I put on my resume for Accounting Intern?
When applying for an accounting intern position, it is important to include skills on your resume that will demonstrate your knowledge of accounting principles and processes. Below are a few skills you should consider including on your resume when applying for an accounting intern position:
- Accounting proficiency – You should be able to demonstrate your knowledge of accounting principles and processes, as well as your experience with relevant software.
- Analytical skills – As an intern, you may be expected to analyze accounting data and financial documents. Demonstrate the ability to produce accurate financial reports and make well-informed decisions.
- Communication skills – Communication is an important skill for any accounting intern. Show that you are able to communicate effectively with colleagues and customers in both verbal and written formats.
- Time management – As an intern, you may be required to manage your own workload as well as meet deadlines. Demonstrate your ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently.
- Interpersonal skills – Show that you are able to work in a team environment and collaborate with colleagues.
By including these skills on your resume, you will demonstrate to potential employers that you have the necessary skills and qualifications to be a successful accounting intern.
Let us help you build
Make your resume more organized and attractive with our Resume Builder