Writing a resume for an Intermediate Accountant position requires a great deal of effort. It is the first step in a highly competitive job search process and requires a great deal of thought and consideration. This guide will provide insight into the key components of a successful resume for an Intermediate Accountant and provide examples of resumes from successful professionals. You will learn how to contextualize your accomplishments and highlight your qualifications to make you stand out from other applicants. With the proper information, you can position yourself as the ideal candidate for the job.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for, be sure to check out our complete library of resume examples.
Start building your dream career today!
Create your professional resume in just 5 minutes with our easy-to-use resume builder!
Intermediate Accountant Resume Examples
123 Main Street | Anytown, USA 99999 | Phone: (123) 456-7890 | Email: email@example.com
Seasoned Intermediate Accountant with 8+ years of experience in financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting, and compliance. Proven ability to analyze financial information, develop financial models and reports, and lead the organization to meet financial goals. Adept in various software programs including Microsoft Office Suite, QuickBooks, and SAP.
Financial Analysis | Budgeting | Forecasting | Compliance | Financial Modeling | Reports | Financial Goals | Microsoft Office Suite | QuickBooks | SAP
June 2017 – Present
- Perform financial analysis to identify trends and develop financial models to inform strategic decisions.
- Develop budgets and forecasts to assist with financial planning.
- Develop and maintain financial and operational reports to provide management with timely, accurate information.
- Monitor internal controls and compliance processes to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Manage accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, and general ledger.
April 2015 – June 2017
- Performed financial analysis to develop and maintain financial and operational reports.
- Developed budgets, forecasts, and financial models to assist with strategic decisions.
- Monitored internal controls and compliance processes to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Reconciled accounts and prepared journal entries to maintain books of record.
- Performed audits and reviews to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Bachelor of Science in Accounting
University of ABC
2012 – 2015
Intermediate Accountant Resume with No Experience
Recent graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Accounting. Possess strong organizational and analytical skills, along with a dedication to accuracy and detail. Seeking an entry-level position as an Intermediate Accountant, where I can utilize my knowledge and training to support the organization’s financial objectives.
Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, QuickBooks, and multiple financial software programs
- Knowledge of GAAP, accounting principles, and financial reporting standards
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in completing tasks
- Ability to develop, analyze, and interpret financial information
- Skilled at multitasking and meeting tight deadlines
- Prepare and generate financial statements, reports and ledgers
- Perform monthly and year-end close activities such as reconciliations and journal entries
- Analyze financial results and trends for management reports
- Research and resolve discrepancies and accounts payable issues
- Reconcile bank statements and other accounts
- Assist with audit preparation and other special projects as needed
Intermediate Accountant Resume with 2 Years of Experience
An experienced Intermediate Accountant with over 2 years of experience in financial analysis, bookkeeping and accounting. Possesses a high level of financial acumen and ability to assess financial data in order to produce accurate and meaningful financial reports. Has strong interpersonal and communication skills and works well in a team environment.
- Prepare financial statements such as profit and loss statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements.
- Evaluate financial data by using various methods such as ratio analysis, trend analysis and forecasting.
- Analyze financial data and prepare detailed reports to identify potential opportunities and areas of improvement.
- Create and maintain financial records and documents such as invoices, receipts, and payrolls.
- Process accounts payable and accounts receivables.
- Assist in the preparation of tax returns and other tax forms.
- Reconcile bank accounts and credit card statements.
- Monitor company expenses and assist in budgeting.
- Perform month-end and year-end close procedures.
- Perform periodic internal audits and review of financial records.
- Research and implement new accounting procedures and systems.
Intermediate Accountant Resume with 5 Years of Experience
Highly experienced Intermediate Accountant with five years of experience in a fast-paced corporate environment. Demonstrated expertise in financial accounting, bookkeeping, and payroll management. Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively to achieve organizational objectives. Detail-oriented and organized, with excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- Financial Accounting
- Payroll Management
- Tax Preparation
- Data Analysis
- Auditing Principles
- Financial Reporting
- Accounts Payable/Receivable
- Prepared and maintained accurate and complete financial records.
- Managed accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll processes.
- Compiled and analyzed financial data for preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Prepared, reviewed and reconciled general ledger accounts.
- Analyzed monthly budget and variance reports.
- Reconciled bank and credit card statements.
- Assisted with annual audit and tax return preparation.
- Developed and implemented financial controls and procedures.
- Supported and advised management in the development of short-term and long-term financial goals.
- Assisted with budgeting, forecasting and cash flow management.
Intermediate Accountant Resume with 7 Years of Experience
Intermediate Accountant with 7 years of experience in a variety of accounting and administrative roles, demonstrating a commitment to accuracy, efficiency, and attention to detail. Proven ability to develop, analyze, and interpret financial records, process invoices, and manage a variety of accounting functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and budgeting.
- Financial record management
- Accounts receivable/payable
- Data entry
- General ledger
- Financial reporting
- Analytical thinking
- Interpersonal communication
- Managed daily processes of accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Updated and maintained general ledger accounts.
- Reconciled bank statements and processed payments.
- Processed payroll for staff and contractors.
- Developed and analyzed monthly financial statements and financial reports.
- Developed and monitored budgeting processes.
- Audited accounting data and reconciled discrepancies in records.
- Analyzed and reviewed financial data to provide accurate information to management.
- Resolved customer complaints and inquiries.
- Assisted with preparation of tax returns.
Intermediate Accountant Resume with 10 Years of Experience
Highly organized and detail-oriented Intermediate Accountant with 10 years of experience in financial analysis, budgeting, auditing and management. Expert in using QuickBooks, MS Office Suite and specialized accounting software. Proven ability to analyze complex financial statements and create accurate reports. Possesses excellent communication, problem solving and time management skills.
- Financial Analysis
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Financial Reporting
- Tax Preparation
- Accounting Software
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Prepared monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports.
- Analyzed financial statements to identify variances from budget.
- Executed financial audits to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Developed and implemented budget plans.
- Prepared various tax documents and payments.
- Assisted in the development of new procedures and policies related to financial management.
- Assisted with accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll processing.
- Monitored accounts and prepared reconciliations.
- Managed general ledger accounts and maintained detailed journal entries.
- Reviewed invoices to ensure accuracy.
- Processed and handled Purchase Orders.
- Maintained accurate records and filing systems.
Intermediate Accountant Resume with 15 Years of Experience
Highly organized and detail-oriented Intermediate Accountant with 15 years of experience in the industry. Proven expertise in auditing financial records, preparing financial statements, and managing accounts receivable. Possess excellent problem-solving, analytical, and interpersonal skills. Seeking to leverage knowledge and experience to take on a new role in a dedicated accounting team.
- Financial Reporting
- Accounts Receivable
- Financial Analysis
- Tax Preparation
- Account Reconciliation
- Problem Solving
- Interpersonal Communication
- Prepared financial statements and reports for management, investors, and government agencies.
- Analyzed financial data, identified discrepancies, and prepared journal entries for corrections.
- Audited and reviewed financial records to ensure accuracy and compliance with GAAP and other regulations.
- Reconciled bank accounts, identified discrepancies, and prepared adjustments to ensure accuracy in reporting.
- Managed accounts receivable, monitored customer payments, and created detailed reports for upper management.
- Analyzed financial trends and prepared recommendations for budgeting processes.
- Monitored changes in the tax laws and created strategies to minimize liabilities.
- Assisted in the preparation of tax returns and analyzed any potential tax impacts.
- Generated weekly and monthly financial reports for various departments.
In addition to this, be sure to check out our resume templates, resume formats, cover letter examples, job description, and career advice pages for more helpful tips and advice.
What should be included in a Intermediate Accountant resume?
If you’re applying for an Intermediate Accountant position, your resume should include many of the same qualifications any accountant would need to showcase. However, there are certain qualifications that are important to highlight, especially if you have an advanced degree. Here’s what you should include in an Intermediate Accountant resume:
Education: Detail your accounting education, including any advanced degrees, certificates, or courses you’ve completed.
Experience: Include any prior experience you may have in an accounting role, as well as any overall professional experience you may have.
Skills: Highlight the skills that make you an ideal candidate for the position. These may include knowledge of specific accounting software, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills.
Accomplishments: List out any achievements you’ve earned throughout your career. This can include any awards or recognition you’ve received, or any projects you’ve completed that had a positive impact on your employer.
References: Include several references who can vouch for your accounting abilities and professional character.
By highlighting the right qualifications, you can make your Intermediate Accountant resume stand out. Be sure to showcase your experience and education, as well as your unique skills and accomplishments. This will help you demonstrate why you’re qualified for the role and increase your chances of landing an interview.
What is a good summary for a Intermediate Accountant resume?
A good summary for an Intermediate Accountant resume should highlight the candidate’s professional skills and accomplishments. The summary should include information about the candidate’s background, such as years of experience as an accountant, qualifications, certifications, and areas of expertise. It should also include examples of successful projects and initiatives the candidate has led or been a part of. The summary should showcase the candidate’s ability to work independently while also collaborating with other team members. Finally, a good summary should demonstrate the candidate’s ability to provide accurate and reliable data to help inform decision-making processes.
What is a good objective for a Intermediate Accountant resume?
When writing a resume for an intermediate accountant position, the objective should be to showcase the applicant’s knowledge, expertise and experience in all areas of accounting, including financial reporting, budgeting, tax preparation and cost accounting. The objective should also emphasize the applicant’s ability to work effectively with colleagues and other personnel, as well as their ability to communicate effectively and work with minimal supervision.
A good objective for an intermediate accountant position should emphasize the applicant’s attention to detail and accuracy in their work. It should also demonstrate the individual’s ability to think critically and develop innovative solutions to accounting and financial problems. Finally, the objective should highlight the applicant’s commitment to continuous learning and development in the field of accounting.
An effective objective for an intermediate accountant resume should be succinct and clearly demonstrate the applicant’s commitment to their career. It should also be tailored to the specific position being applied for. A well-crafted objective is an important step in securing an interview and can be the difference between success and failure in an accounting job search.
How do you list Intermediate Accountant skills on a resume?
When creating a resume for an Intermediate Accountant position, it’s important to highlight your skills and accomplishments that are related to accounting. These skills should be listed in a way that shows employers that you have the knowledge, experience, and expertise to excel in the role.
When listing your Intermediate Accountant skills on your resume, include a skills section that showcases the abilities that are most relevant to the job. This section should highlight the accounting-related knowledge and experience that you have acquired over the years.
For this section, list both hard and soft skills. Hard skills are specific, technical abilities related to accounting, such as bookkeeping, financial analysis, and cost accounting. Soft skills are personal qualities and attributes, such as communication, problem solving, and time management.
You should also list any certifications or licensing that you have for Intermediate Accountants. These credentials demonstrate that you have the qualifications necessary to meet the employer’s expectations.
Include a section on your resume that outlines the accounting software and systems that you are familiar with. This shows employers that you have the technical abilities to use the software that’s associated with this role.
Finally, highlight any accounting-related experience that you have. Describe any internships or positions that you held that involved accounting, bookkeeping, or financial analysis. This shows employers that you have experience working with the required tools and technology.
By listing the relevant Intermediate Accountant skills on your resume, you can demonstrate to employers that you have the knowledge and ability to excel in the role. Make sure to include both hard and soft skills, any relevant certifications, knowledge of accounting software, and experience working with accounting-related tasks. This will help you stand out from the competition and show employers why you’re the best candidate for the job.
What skills should I put on my resume for Intermediate Accountant?
As an Intermediate Accountant, you should be showcasing a well-rounded skill set on your resume that showcases your expertise in accounting practices, financial analysis, and business operations. Here are some skills you should consider highlighting on your resume:
- Financial Reporting: You should be knowledgeable in the preparation of financial reports and be able to analyze and interpret financial information.
- Accounting Software: You should be able to demonstrate proficiency in using accounting software packages such as QuickBooks and Microsoft Dynamics.
- Taxation: You should be able to prepare tax returns and have an understanding of relevant taxation regulations.
- Auditing: You should have a good eye for detail and be able to conduct internal audits.
- Budgeting: You should be able to help create and manage budgets.
- Business Analysis: You should be able to identify areas of risk and opportunity within a business and offer suggestions on how to improve financial operations.
- Compliance: You should be knowledgeable of accounts payable and receivable, and other accounting procedures and be able to ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Communication: You should be able to communicate effectively with other members of the accounting team, as well as with other departments within the company.
By highlighting these key skills on your resume, you can demonstrate to prospective employers that you have the knowledge and experience to be successful in an Intermediate Accountant role.
Key takeaways for an Intermediate Accountant resume
If you are a mid-level accountant, you will no doubt find yourself in a highly competitive job market. Standing out from the crowd can be difficult, and having a strong resume is essential to getting your foot in the door. Here are some key takeaways to consider when crafting your resume to ensure you make the best impression with potential employers:
- Highlight Your Experience: A mid-level accountant needs to demonstrate a level of experience and expertise, so make sure to highlight your experience in the accounting field. Showcase any relevant certifications, as well as any client relationships or relevant projects you’ve completed.
- Focus on Results: Employers want to know that you can achieve results. Make sure to list any successes you’ve had throughout your career, such as any cost savings or efficiency improvements you’ve implemented.
- Show Your Technical Skills: Being an accountant requires a certain level of technical competency. Make sure to mention any specific software programs or technologies you’ve used in the past.
- Highlight Your Soft Skills: Technical skills are important, but employers are also looking for someone who can work well with others. Make sure you mention any soft skills, such as communication and problem solving, that will make you a valuable asset to an accounting team.
By following these tips, you can create a resume that will stand out in the competitive accounting job market. Make sure to highlight your experience, results, and both your technical and soft skills to ensure you make a great impression with potential employers.
Let us help you build
Make your resume more organized and attractive with our Resume Builder