The General Ledger Accountant role is an important one in every business. From understanding and managing financial information to providing financial oversight and guidance, this is a critical role for any organization. As such, it is important to create a resume that accurately showcases your qualifications and experience in this area. To help you craft the perfect resume, this guide provides step-by-step advice on how to write a General Ledger Accountant resume and includes a selection of resume examples to get you started.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for, be sure to check out our complete library of resume examples.
Start building your dream career today!
Create your professional resume in just 5 minutes with our easy-to-use resume builder!
General Ledger Accountant Resume Examples
123 Main Street | Anytown, USA 99999 | Phone: (123) 456-7890 | Email: email@example.com
Dynamic and organized General Ledger Accountant with 8+ years of experience in accounts receivable, accounts payable, budget analysis, financial reporting and reconciliation. Proven ability to analyze, interpret, and accurately report complex financial data. Committed to providing timely, accurate and cost-effective financial management services.
- Financial Reporting & Analysis
- Accounts Payable & Receivable
- Budget Planning & Forecasting
- General Ledger Reconciliation
- Bank Reconciliation & Management
- ERP Systems & Software
- Internal Audit & Reporting
- Tax Preparation & Compliance
- Cash Flow Management
General Ledger Accountant, ABC Corporation, Seattle, WA| 2018 – Present
- Responsible for entry and maintenance of general ledger accounts and related financial information
- Reconciled and balanced general ledger accounts on a monthly basis
- Prepared monthly revenue, expenditure and cost allocation reports
- Monitored and reconciled bank accounts of multiple locations
- Prepared and submitted monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Developed, analyzed and reported on budget to actual performance
- Managed accounts receivables, accounts payables and collections
- Assisted in the preparation of regulatory compliance documents
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, University of Washington, Seattle, WA | 2017
General Ledger Accountant Resume with No Experience
Recent college graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, eager to launch a career in General Ledger Accounting. Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to learn quickly and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Possess a strong understanding of financial principles and accounting best practices.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting principles, financial reporting, and auditing
- Proficient with accounting software, spreadsheets, and databases
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel, Access, and QuickBooks
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized, with the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Enter and maintain financial data in the general ledger
- Reconcile accounts to ensure accuracy of financial data
- Perform month-end and year-end close activities
- Prepare financial statements and reports
- Prepare journal entries for month-end close
- Research and resolve discrepancies in financial data
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Review internal accounts and processes to identify areas for improvement
- Analyze financial data to identify trends and inconsistencies
- Manage accounts receivable and payable activities
General Ledger Accountant Resume with 2 Years of Experience
Detail-oriented General Ledger Accountant with more than 2 years of experience in a financial services environment. Adept at analyzing financial data, creating reports, and providing support to senior-level management. Possesses a comprehensive knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and financial reporting processes. Skilled in both manual and automated accounting processes.
- General Ledger Accounting
- Financial Reporting
- Budget Forecasting
- GAAP Compliance
- Financial Analysis
- Document Control
- Journal Entries
- Data Entry
- Maintained and reconciled the general ledger accounts for the organization.
- Prepared monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports for senior management and board members.
- Prepared and processed journal entries and maintained supporting documents.
- Analyzed variances between actual and budgeted figures.
- Ensured accuracy and timeliness in the preparation and filing of tax forms.
- Developed budgets and monitored financial performance against budget.
- Monitored financial transactions and ensured GAAP compliance.
- Analyzed cash flow and forecasted future cash requirements.
- Performed monthly bank reconciliations.
- Researched discrepancies and solved complex accounting problems.
- Monitored accounts payable and accounts receivable activities.
- Participated in internal and external audits.
General Ledger Accountant Resume with 5 Years of Experience
Highly organized, detail-oriented General Ledger Accountant with more than 5 years of experience in financial and accounting practices. Experienced in preparing financial statements, analyzing and reconciling accounts, and creating financial reports. Able to build strong relationships with clients and colleagues and work well under pressure.
- Financial reporting
- General ledger maintenance
- Audit preparation
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Account reconciliation
- Tax compliance
- Financial statement analysis
- Variance analysis
- Accounts receivable/payable
- Financial risk management
- Prepared and maintained general ledger accounts, and reconciliations of accounts
- Prepared monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Managed accounts receivable and payable for timely receipt and payment of invoices and bills
- Prepared and managed the budget and produced variance analysis reports
- Prepared tax returns and ensured compliance with statutory regulations
- Assisted in the completion of auditing procedures
- Analyzed financial statements and data to identify discrepancies and trends
- Evaluated financial risks and recommended mitigation strategies
- Monitored cash flow and investments and reported on short-term and long-term projections
General Ledger Accountant Resume with 7 Years of Experience
Highly experienced and certified General Ledger Accountant with 7 years of experience in financial accounting, reporting, and analysis. Accustomed to operating with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency in a fast-paced environment. Highly organized and detail-oriented with expertise in creating and utilizing complex financial models and graphs. Proven ability to provide valuable insights into company performance through financial analysis.
- Financial Accounting & Reporting
- Budgeting & Forecasting
- Internal Controls & Processes
- Financial Analysis & Modeling
- Variance Analysis
- Data Mining & Extraction
- General Ledger Knowledge
- Strategic Planning & Analysis
- Compliance & Invoicing
- Performed monthly, quarterly, and annual close processes including reconciliations, journal entries, and financial statement preparation.
- Maintained and reconciled general ledger accounts and provided analysis for monthly financial statements.
- Developed and implemented internal controls and processes to ensure accuracy of financial records and compliance with company policies.
- Evaluated and analyzed financial performances and made recommendations for improvement.
- Generated financial reports and analyzed variances between budget and actual results.
- Participated in the development of annual budgets and forecasting.
- Assisted in data mining and extraction from various sources for financial analysis and decision making.
- Prepared and reviewed invoices for accuracy and compliance with company policies and procedures.
General Ledger Accountant Resume with 10 Years of Experience
A highly experienced and organized General Ledger Accountant with 10 years of experience managing the accurate and timely recording of financial information with attention to detail and accuracy. Experienced in creating and managing financial statements, general ledgers, and reconciliations. Excellent problem solver with a proven ability to identify and address discrepancies and inaccuracies.
- Financial Reporting
- Advanced Excel
- Budget Preparation
- Financial Analysis
- General Ledger Maintenance
- Account Reconciliation
- Tax Preparation
- Account Payables and Receivables
- Cash Management
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors to ensure accurate reporting
- Reconcile bank and general ledger accounts
- Maintain general ledger accounts and ensure accurate and timely balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements, balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements
- Prepare monthly budget and variance analysis
- Monitor and analyze monthly revenue, expenses, and capital expenditures
- Handle all accounts receivable and accounts payable activities
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Generate financial reports, such as account summaries, trial balances, and account reconciliations
- Analyze, confirm, and post journal entries and create corresponding adjusting entries
- Respond to inquiries from internal and external customers in a timely and professional manner
General Ledger Accountant Resume with 15 Years of Experience
A highly experienced General Ledger Accountant with 15 years of experience in financial and accounting operations. Adept in utilizing enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems, preparing financial statements, and managing accounts payable and receivable. Committed to providing accurate financial data and timely reporting while ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Expertise in financial and accounting operations
- Proficient in utilizing ERP systems
- Comprehensive knowledge of GAAP and other financial regulations
- Ability to prepare financial statements accurately
- Skilled in auditing accounts and reconciling discrepancies
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Highly proficient in MS Office Suite and related applications
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Tracking transactions and preparing journal entries
- Developing, controlling, and maintaining the general ledger
- Auditing accounts to ensure accuracy and maintain financial records
- Reconciling discrepancies and resolving issues
- Analyzing and interpreting financial data
- Producing financial statements, balance sheets, and other reports
- Coordinating with external auditors
- Assisting with budgeting and forecasting
- Ensuring compliance with all financial regulations.
In addition to this, be sure to check out our resume templates, resume formats, cover letter examples, job description, and career advice pages for more helpful tips and advice.
What should be included in a General Ledger Accountant resume?
Writing a resume for a general ledger accountant position requires including all the relevant job experience and education you have, as well as demonstrating your knowledge of accounting principles and systems. A great resume should emphasize your attention to detail, accuracy, and analytical skills.
When creating your resume, you should begin with a professional summary that highlights your experience and accomplishments as a general ledger accountant. After that, include a list of your job experience and education, beginning with the most recent.
The job experience section should include the company or organization name, your title and job description, and the dates you were employed. You should also include a list of duties, such as reconciling accounts, preparing financial statements, and ensuring accuracy and compliance with financial reporting standards.
In the education section, it’s important to list any degrees, certifications, or professional education you’ve completed that are relevant to the position.
Be sure to also highlight any software or systems used in the position, such as Excel, QuickBooks, or other accounting programs. In addition, you should include any specialized accounting knowledge or certifications you’ve acquired, such as CPA, CMA, and any other relevant certifications.
Finally, include any awards or recognition you’ve received, as well as any professional affiliations or memberships. This information will demonstrate to potential employers your commitment to staying up to date in the accounting field.
By including all of the relevant information in your resume, you’ll be well on your way to landing a great job as a general ledger accountant.
What is a good summary for a General Ledger Accountant resume?
A General Ledger Accountant resume should provide a comprehensive summary of the applicant’s qualifications, including a detailed overview of the background, experience, and skills in the field. Depending on the job for which one is applying, it should include a summary of the experience that focuses on the abilities related to the role. It should also emphasize the most impressive accomplishments, such as those that involve problem-solving and automation. In addition, applicants should include information on their ability to manage a general ledger, as well as the software programs they are familiar with and willing to use. Furthermore, the summary should demonstrate the applicant’s commitment to accuracy, organization, and compliance with accounting standards. Lastly, the applicant should make sure to include any certifications or specializations they possess related to the position.
What is a good objective for a General Ledger Accountant resume?
When crafting a resume for a General Ledger Accountant position, it is important to create an objective that will grab the attention of potential employers. A well-crafted objective statement should demonstrate your professional goals, relevant qualifications, and highlight your most desirable qualities as an employee.
An ideal objective statement for a General Ledger Accountant resume should emphasize your experience in financial reporting and data analysis,strong problem solving and critical thinking skills, and the ability to work independently and meet deadlines. For example, an objective statement could read: “Detail-oriented professional with 5 years of experience in financial reporting and data analysis seeking a General Ledger Accountant position in a fast-paced and challenging environment, where I can utilize my problem-solving and critical thinking skills to ensure accurate financial records.”
Overall, the objective statement should clearly demonstrate your skills and qualifications to potential employers, while also showcasing your enthusiasm and professional goals. By crafting an effective objective statement, you can ensure that you stand out from the competition and attract the attention of potential employers.
How do you list General Ledger Accountant skills on a resume?
When applying for a General Ledger Accountant role, it is essential that you demonstrate the requisite skills to excel at the job. To do this, you should specify the relevant skills on your resume.
Include an ‘Accounting Skills’ section in your resume, and list the following General Ledger Accountant skills:
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Expertise in financial statement preparation and analysis
- Experience in producing, analyzing and tracking financial data
- Great organizational skills and accuracy in completing tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to see the ‘big picture’ and identify patterns in financial data
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple assignments simultaneously
- Ability to work well with other staff members in a team setting
- Understanding of accounting principles and regulations
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently under tight deadlines
In addition to including these General Ledger Accountant skills on your resume, demonstrate these abilities through your past experiences, achievements and successes. For example, include any relevant projects you have worked on and the results achieved. Describe the specific tasks you performed, such as preparing financial statements, analyzing data, or managing accounts receivable and accounts payable.
By including the appropriate General Ledger Accountant skills on your resume and providing evidence of your related experience, you will be well-positioned to secure the ideal role.
What skills should I put on my resume for General Ledger Accountant?
When applying for a job as a General Ledger Accountant, it is important to have a comprehensive and up-to-date resume that showcases your qualifications and skills. To help you stand out from the competition, there are certain skills you should include on your resume which demonstrate to employers your ability to succeed in this particular role.
Firstly, an essential skill for a General Ledger Accountant is accounting knowledge. This includes knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), accounting practices and procedures, and various accounting processes. Additionally, you should be familiar with accounts receivable and accounts payable, cost accounting, budgeting, and financial analysis.
To keep track of all of your data, it is important to be proficient in a variety of accounting software, such as Microsoft Excel, QuickBooks, SAP, and Oracle. You must also be comfortable with financial reporting and data entry.
Another important skill necessary to work as a General Ledger Accountant is excellent organizational and communication skills. Not only will you be responsible for organizing financial data, but you must also be able to clearly communicate complex ideas to different departments of the company.
Finally, it is critical that you possess a high level of accuracy and attention to detail. As a General Ledger Accountant, you must be able to detect minor errors and discrepancies in accounting documents, and be able to address them quickly and efficiently.
By including these skills on your resume, you can gain a competitive edge in the job market and show employers why you are the best candidate for the job.
Key takeaways for an General Ledger Accountant resume
A General Ledger Accountant is responsible for monitoring and maintaining an organization’s financial records. It is important for a General Ledger Accountant to have a strong resume that showcases their qualifications and experience. The following are some key takeaways for an General Ledger Accountant resume:
- Include accurate and up-to-date information: Make sure your resume is accurate and up-to-date with the latest information. Include your most recent work experience and any relevant certifications or continuing education courses you have taken.
- Highlight your technical skills: General Ledger Accountants must have a deep understanding of accounting principles, financial reporting standards, and auditing techniques. Highlight the technical skills you possess that would be beneficial for the role.
- Mention any other relevant experience: In addition to your accounting experience, you may have other qualifications that are relevant to the role. If you have any experience in other areas such as IT, project management, or customer service, mention these on your resume.
- Use keywords: Many organizations use applicant tracking systems to sort through resumes. Incorporate relevant keywords into your resume to ensure it is easily picked up by the system.
- Demonstrate your problem solving skills: As a General Ledger Accountant, you will be expected to troubleshoot any issues with accounts or financial reports. Showcase your problem-solving skills in your resume to show employers you are up to the task.
Following these key takeaways will help your General Ledger Accountant resume stand out from the competition. Make sure to include accurate and up-to-date information, highlight your technical skills, mention any other relevant.
Let us help you build
Make your resume more organized and attractive with our Resume Builder