Writing a resume can be intimidating, especially when you are applying for a position as an accounts assistant. As an accounts assistant, you are responsible for managing financial accounts and completing various duties such as invoicing, bookkeeping and payroll. Crafting an effective resume as an accounts assistant requires you to highlight your relevant experience and qualifications in order to stand out from other applicants. This guide will offer an outline of what to include in an accounts assistant resume, as well as examples to help you get started.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for, be sure to check out our complete library of resume examples.
Start building your dream career today!
Create your professional resume in just 5 minutes with our easy-to-use resume builder!
Accounts Assistant Resume Examples
123 Main Street | Anytown, USA 99999 | Phone: (123) 456-7890 | Email: email@example.com
Accounts Assistant with over 10 years of experience in the finance and accounting industry. Adept in financial analysis, budgeting, and creating accounting reports and reconciliations. Possess excellent communication, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Financial Analysis
- Internal Controls
Accounts Assistant, ABC Company, Anytown, USA, 2014 – Present
- Analyze financial reports and records of expenditures and income.
- Prepare and review budgets.
- Reconcile accounts.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements and reports.
- Assist with internal control activities.
- Monitor cash flow and prepare cash flow statements.
- Oversee accounts payable and accounts receivable.
Accounts Payable Clerk, XYZ Company, Anytown, USA, 2012 – 2014
- Process invoices and payments.
- Balance accounts and settle discrepancies.
- Reconcile account statements.
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies.
- Prepare and submit reports to management.
Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Anytown University, Anytown, USA, 2011
Accounts Assistant Resume with No Experience
Recent college graduate with a degree in Accounting seeking an Accounts Assistant role where I can apply my knowledge of accounting principles, fundamental skills, and computer competencies.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting principles
- Familiarity with GAAP and FASB standards
- Solid understanding of financial statements
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Strong organizational, planning and problem-solving abilities
- Highly detail-oriented
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Assisting with the preparation of financial reports
- Verifying accuracy of entries into the general ledger
- Reconciling accounts and resolving discrepancies
- Assisting with budgeting, forecasting and cash flow management
- Maintaining invoices, ledgers and other records
- Performing administrative tasks, such as filing and data entry
- Producing financial statements and financial summaries
- Participating in the monthly, quarterly and year-end closing processes
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations and laws
Accounts Assistant Resume with 2 Years of Experience
Reliable and resourceful Accounts Assistant with 2 years of experience in accounting and financial management. Strong background in accounting principles and procedures, finance, financial reporting and analysis, and accounts payable and receivable. Experienced in budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis, and banking operations. Proven track record of meeting deadlines and working effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Accounts Payable/Receivable
- Financial Analysis
- Payroll Administration
- General Ledger Maintenance
- Financial Reporting
- Tax Planning
- Cash Flow Management
- Data Entry
- Managed billing, accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll processes.
- Assisted with the preparation of financial statements and other reports.
- Prepared and maintained general ledger accounts and reconciliations.
- Reviewed and analyzed accounts to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Performed routine audits of financial transactions, accounts and records.
- Assisted with the preparation of budgets and forecasts.
- Provided assistance with special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Executed payroll processing for all employees.
- Prepared monthly bank reconciliations.
- Processed payments and deposits.
- Handled all incoming and outgoing payments.
- Maintained and updated financial records.
Accounts Assistant Resume with 5 Years of Experience
Dynamic and detail-oriented Accounts Assistant with 5 years’ experience in finance and accounting. Possess superior knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics, Quickbooks, and other major accounting software. Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize numerous projects with minimal supervision. Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Accounts Payable/Receivable
- Financial Analysis
- Bank Reconciliation
- Tax Preparation
- Payroll Processing
- Microsoft Dynamics
- Managed all accounts payable processes and activities, including coding, payment processing, and reconciliations.
- Prepared monthly and quarterly financial statements, budgeting and forecasting, and cash flow reports.
- Reconciled balance sheets, income statements and accounts receivable/payable.
- Monitored and maintained timely and accurate journal entries for all transactions and accounts.
- Analyzed financial reports and identified discrepancies and discrepancies between budgeted and actual revenues and expenses.
- Facilitated audits and internal controls in accordance with accounting and financial regulations.
- Performed research and data analysis to ensure accuracy and completeness of financial records.
- Assisted in the preparation of payroll and remitted taxes and benefits as required.
- Developed and implemented policies and procedures to improve operational efficiency.
Accounts Assistant Resume with 7 Years of Experience
An experienced Accounts Assistant with 7+ years of experience in bookkeeping and accounting support. Proficient in accounting operations and software, data entry and record keeping, accounts receivable, accounts payable, financial statements, and payroll. Possesses excellent organizational and problem solving skills along with a highly detailed approach to work.
- Bookkeeping and accounting support
- Accounts receivable
- Accounts payable
- Financial statements
- Data entry and record keeping
- Financial analysis
- Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Highly detailed approach to work
- Processed accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Maintained and updated financial records in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Reconciled bank statements and reported any discrepancies
- Prepared payroll and processed payroll taxes
- Completed monthly and quarterly financial statements
- Assisted with preparation of budget and forecasting
- Monitored and documented aging of accounts and followed up with customers
- Managed customer inquiries and resolved all billing issues
- Handled all aspects of accounts payable, including vendor invoicing
- Entered data into Quickbooks and other accounting software programs
- Analyzed and reconciled balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis
- Prepared month-end close reports and journal entries as required
Accounts Assistant Resume with 10 Years of Experience
Accounts Assistant with over 10 years of experience in managing accounts receivable, accounts payable, and reconciliations. Possesses superior knowledge of accounting principles and practices as well as proficiency in accounting software programs. Proven ability to analyze financial data and create meaningful reports to support management decisions.
- General ledger reconciliation
- Bank statement reconciliation
- Financial statement preparation
- Tax compliance
- Accounts payable and receivable
- Microsoft Office Suite
- SAP Accounting Software
- Peachtree Accounting Software
- Audit and reconciled accounts payable and receivable.
- Ensure accuracy of invoices and payments.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports to senior management.
- Maintain and file accurate records of financial transactions.
- Process monthly account closing and reconciliations.
- Develop and implement effective procedures for accounts payable and receivable.
- Ensure compliance with internal and external accounting standards.
- Analyze financial data and recommend strategies for improvement.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure accuracy of account data.
- Assist with the preparation of financial statements and budgets.
- Handle vendor and customer inquiries regarding payment status.
Accounts Assistant Resume with 15 Years of Experience
Highly organized and detail-oriented Accounts Assistant with 15 years of experience in financial operations. Expertise in managing accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger, banking, and reconciliations. Skilled in developing efficient record-keeping systems and utilizing leading accounting software packages. Proven ability to independently manage accounts, handle multiple tasks, and meet tight deadlines.
Accounting & Bookkeeping
Budgeting & Forecasting
Cash Flow Management
Data Analysis & Reporting
Maintained accounts payable and accounts receivable ledgers, ensured bills were paid on time, and issued invoices to customers.
Performed bookkeeping and other related accounting tasks including bank reconciliations, financial statement preparation, general ledger entries, and cash flow management.
Prepared payroll, claims, and taxes in compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
Developed and monitored budgets, forecasts, and analysis of financial performance, risk management, and cash flow.
Generated reports and analyses of financial information, and provided financial support to management.
Assisted with audits and tax preparation activities.
Analyzed financial data to identify trends, solve problems and make better informed business decisions.
Ensured all accounting records and documents were accurate and up-to-date.
In addition to this, be sure to check out our resume templates, resume formats, cover letter examples, job description, and career advice pages for more helpful tips and advice.
What should be included in a Accounts Assistant resume?
When writing a resume for an accounts assistant position, it is important to include all relevant information that showcases your skills and experience. A strong accounts assistant resume should clearly demonstrate your accounting and finance knowledge, as well as your ability to accurately and efficiently process financial data.
Your resume should begin with a summary statement that outlines your key strengths and qualifications, such as your finance, accounting and administrative skills. This should be followed by a section that lists your work experience, providing details of the roles and responsibilities you have held. This should include the company or organization you worked for, the dates you were employed and any relevant achievements.
It is also important to include a section that details your qualifications and certifications. This should include details of any accounting, bookkeeping or finance-related qualifications and courses you have undertaken. You can also include other courses that are relevant to the position, such as computer programs and software.
Finally, you should include a list of your computing skills, such as your ability to use spreadsheets and accounting software. You can also include any other relevant skills such as communication, numerical or problem-solving skills.
By including all of the relevant information in your accounts assistant resume, you can ensure that you stand out from other applicants and increase your chances of being successful.
What is a good summary for a Accounts Assistant resume?
A good summary for an Accounts Assistant resume should be tailored to the hiring organization. It should provide a brief overview of your experience, skills, and qualifications that are most relevant to the job. The summary should be written in a professional tone and should emphasize not just your technical qualifications but also your interpersonal skills and leadership abilities. This will help to make you stand out from the competition and demonstrate that you are the right candidate for the job.
What is a good objective for a Accounts Assistant resume?
When crafting a resume, it’s important to include an objective that outlines your goal as an Accounts Assistant. A good objective should be concise, yet clear and powerful, and should capture the attention of the hiring manager.
When writing an objective for an Accounts Assistant resume, it’s important to focus on what you bring to the table. Highlight the value you can add to the employer, such as your experience with data entry, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and bookkeeping. A strong objective should highlight your ability to assist in monitoring financial activities, preparing financial statements and reports, and managing accounts receivable.
Your objective should also emphasize your ability to work in a team setting and independently as needed. This could include your ability to stay organized and meet tight deadlines, as well as your excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
By emphasizing the value you can bring to the company, you’ll be sure to capture the attention of the hiring manager with a powerful objective on your Accounts Assistant resume.
How do you list Accounts Assistant skills on a resume?
When writing a resume for an Accounts Assistant position, it is important to highlight the skills that are relevant to the job. This includes both hard and soft skills that will demonstrate your ability to perform the job well.
To begin, consider the type of Accounts Assistant position you are applying for. This will help you to narrow down the most important skills to list on your resume.
Hard skills refer to technical abilities that are specific to the field of accounting. Examples of hard skills include knowledge of basic accounting principles, experience with accounting software, and familiarity with financial statements. Make sure to list any certifications that demonstrate your accounting skills.
Soft skills refer to the interpersonal abilities necessary for an Accounts Assistant role. Examples of soft skills for an Accounts Assistant include communication, problem-solving, organization, and the ability to work independently.
When listing your skills on your resume, make sure to provide concrete examples of how you have used these skills in the past. This will help you stand out from the competition and demonstrate your qualifications for the job.
By highlighting your hard and soft skills on your resume, you will be able to make a strong impression on potential employers. With the right skills, you will be well-positioned to take your next step in your accounting career.
What skills should I put on my resume for Accounts Assistant?
If you are looking to get a job as an Accounts Assistant, it is important to make sure your resume accurately reflects the skills and qualifications you can bring to the role. Here are some of the key skills you should be sure to include on your resume:
- Accounting Knowledge: It’s important to be able to demonstrate a solid understanding of basic accounting principles and procedures. Showcase your knowledge of the generally accepted accounting principles, accounting software, financial analysis, budgeting and forecasting.
- Attention to Detail: Accounts Assistants must be able to review and accurately process financial documentation. This requires a great attention to detail and the ability to spot even small errors.
- Math & Analytical Skills: It’s essential to be able to perform basic calculations and analysis quickly and accurately. Be sure to showcase your math skills and mention any relevant experience you have involving data entry and analysis.
- Communication: Accounts Assistants need to be able to communicate both written and verbally with colleagues, auditors and management. Make sure to highlight your communication skills and any experience you have in a customer service or administrative role.
- Organizational Skills: Your resume should include a demonstration of your organizational skills and the ability to stay on top of tasks.
By including these key skills and qualifications on your resume, you will be able to give potential employers a better idea of your competencies and expertise. Good luck in your job search!
Key takeaways for an Accounts Assistant resume
If you’re an accounts assistant, your resume should emphasize your ability to handle financial transactions and make sure accounts are in order. It’s important to include your skills, knowledge and experience as well as your success in previous positions. Here are some key takeaways to include in an accounts assistant resume:
- Accurate bookkeeping: Include your experience in bookkeeping, such as maintaining financial records, using accounting software, or preparing reports.
- Analytical skills: Demonstrate your ability to analyze financial data, identify discrepancies, and identify trends.
- Organization: Highlight your organizational skills and ability to maintain accurate records and financial ledgers.
- Attention to detail: Showcase your attention to detail, especially when it comes to reviewing financial documents and records.
- Problem solving: Demonstrate your problem solving skills and ability to troubleshoot financial issues.
- Teamwork: Include any experience you have in working as part of an accounting team.
- Customer service: Demonstrate your ability to provide excellent customer service and build relationships with clients.
Be sure to include specific examples of how you’ve used your skills to benefit past employers. This will help to make your resume stand out and show that you’re the right person for the job.
Let us help you build
Make your resume more organized and attractive with our Resume Builder